ADVERTISEMENT

SEC now even with Big TEN ,thanks Missouri.

Originally posted by perdidokeygator:
Huh?
He's saying that Missouri, who embraced a student struggling with his sexuality and are supporting him while he courageously becomes the first openly gay NFL player is the same as Penn State, a school that institutionally permitted and covered up one of the most heinous crimes in recent memory.

Totally comparable and not at all hateful.

Really hoping that wasn't the thought behind this thread, but I'm not sure what else it would really be. If that's the case, OP may be a gator fan, but he's also one ignorant fvck.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

He's entitled to his own opinion.

Just wish trash like this would remain under the rock.

Originally posted by GatorTimes2:
He's entitled to his own opinion.

Just wish trash like this would remain under the rock.
Just curious, but what are you referring to as trash?

If in fact the OP is equating homosexuality to pedophilia, that's trash, and should result in some time banned from this board.

Just shows you how this society has hit rock bottom. I can't say what I think but most everybody praises some dude admitting he's a Homo. One of the biggest sins in the Book and now its excepted.

Originally posted by 2blades:

Just shows you how this society has hit rock bottom. I can't say what I think but most everybody praises some dude admitting he's a Homo. One of the biggest sins in the Book and now its excepted.
You are free to expose your bigotry- you have done so on numerous occasions on this site...

not agreeing with homosexuality is one thing, however dated the concept may be. but comparing consensual adult lifestyles with pedophilia and sexual abuse is completely different.
what is that verse? judge not that ye be not judged.

Not one of your finest moments 2 blades.........................then again, have you ever had a fine moment?

Just shows you how this society has hit rock bottom.
Heaven forbid another dual-income gay couple gentrifies a crummy neighborhood into another Silver Lake. What has become of our perfect society!?

Originally posted by cableguy2:

You are free to expose your bigotry- you have done so on numerous occasions on this site...
If speaking my mind is being a bigot SO BE IT. I 'm not ashamed at all !!!

Originally posted by cableguy2:

If speaking my mind is being a bigot SO BE IT. I 'm not ashamed at all !!!
I'd engage you in a debate over this, but, to be quite frank, you're just not worth it.
BTW, I can almost guarantee you we have at minimum, several gay athletes on scholarship at U. of Florida every year. And for the record, I think the amount of press this story is getting from ESPN and others is ridiculous, but your comments are more so.

I find it amusing and sad that a guy that obviously fancies himself a devout follower of Christianity so easily can spew hate filled words. I think that is indicative of today's society.

I generally try to stay out of these arguments, but I must speak up on one thing. I really dislike people who apparently don't know much about the Bible taking things out of context. For example, saying that saying homosexuality is wrong is somehow contrary to the teachings of Jesus. I take even more offense to it when it is said while calling someone an idiot as if everyone knows Jesus would condone homosexuality. Jesus surrounded himself with sinners, not because their lives were perfect, but because they needed him. This did not mean their sin was justified or not sin. He simply said, go and sin no more. The sinners he surrounded himself with were dramatically changed such that the actions they previously took which went against his and his Father's moral code were no longer engaged in by those people. For example, Mary Magdalen, the adulteress, and Matthew, the tax collector / embezzler. If Jesus were walking this Earth today, he would be friends with homosexuals, just not condone their lifestyle. The Christian precept of don't judge another lest you be judged is an elegant way of simply stating that we all have messed up and need salvation from a Savior who loves each of us equally, warts and all. It does not mean, however, that the certain actions or activities which are denoted as sin by the Bible are condoned by God or Christ. If you don't believe in God or Jesus, or don't believe that they are who they claim to be, then fine...but don't try to take the Bible out of context to support an agenda which is clearly called a sin in both the Old and New Testament. Again, if you think Christianity is wrong or old fashioned, that is your opinion and I respect your belief, even if I don't agree. But don't misquote the Bible and then bask in your own supposed intelligence. If you believe the Bible, then pedophilia and homosexuality are equally offensive to God...they are both sin. They are equal in value to telling a white lie or murdering someone. The end result is that they all cause a separation from God due to his perfection which is why Jesus came in the first place...to create a bridge between fallen man and God's requisite perfection. Do I hate homosexuals...NO I, just as Jesus and God, love them. I disapprove of their choices, but do not hate the individual any more than I hate anyone. We all have issues and problems. I do have a problem with the constant requirement by society today that we not only accept them as humans and members of society, but we must call their activity "good" and applaud their choices and actions lest we be branded an unintelligent, homophobic bigot. Where in all of this acceptance of differing viewpoints is there room for those who believe in the Bible? We are marginalized and excluded as if our opinion is invalid and discriminatory and the only opinions which self-proclaimed "open-minded and educated" people accept are those which align with their particular world view.

If we, as a society, can get over the relentless name-calling and knee-jerk reaction to a differing viewpoints and have a rational and adult conversation or debate, then we have a hope as a country. Unfortunately, people on both sides of the issues would rather spew hatred and escalate the rhetoric, rather than work to understand each other's points of view.

Bottom line is this - Jesus and the Bible teach to love the individual but hate the sin. Christians need to follow suit. On the flip side, if homosexuals or their supporters cannot accept those with a differing viewpoint, well then, who really are the close minded individuals after all?

Sorry for the long post on a sports forum, but since these things are being bandied about, I felt compelled to speak for us Christians who both know and follow the teachings of Christ.

Originally posted by GatorMosc:
I find it amusing and sad that a guy that obviously fancies himself a devout follower of Christianity so easily can spew hate filled words. I think that is indicative of today's society.
The greatest sin is moral pride and apparently 2blades enjoys the right to wallow in it. Or maybe he is being flippant with the PSU comparison. Either way I exercise my right to strongly disagree with his sentiment.

This thread will be gone soon. Mike, good post. I will say this. There is a big difference between these two situations. In the case with Penn State, kids lives were ruined by what happened, and the university allowed it to be swept under the rug and continue for football success. Homosexuality does not ruin lives of unwilling participants. There is a huge difference.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Just shows you how this society has hit rock bottom.

Heaven forbid another dual-income gay couple gentrifies a crummy neighborhood into another Silver Lake. What has become of our perfect society!?

^^^ KUDOS E3PO! Disagree with plenty of things with you regarding points of view with the Gators, but the underlying sentiment, and logic of your statement speaks volumes. Well done sir. I get the humor of course, but I have a heck of alot of respect for where your coming from, and I find these sorts of posts (from the OP) incredibly hateful regardless one's personal sexual preference. I'm a father of two, and heterosexual yet I have numerous friends (in all walks of life) of a homosexual persuasion that are some of the best people I know in terms of quality of character, intelligence, loyalty, and work ethic. Simply can't understand those who need to attack said persuasion other than due to their inherent fear of them. (And make no mistake, this is about fear plain and simple.) I feel sorry for those that still hide behind archaic concepts while thumping the bible. The God I believe in doesn't judge, nor hate.

"The God I believe in doesn't judge, nor hate."

If you are referring to the God in the bible that I read, you are mistaken. He will be your final judge and he did hate Esau.

The Old Testament extolls genocide as a good idea. It also praises a man who saves travelers from an angry mob by giving his two daughters to the mob for them to rape and murder. And, it prescribes the death penalty for any believer who works his farm on the Sabbath.
Jesus never directly commented on homosexuality, according to the New Testament. But slavery was okay with him, as he never condemned it. The three direct references in the New Testament to the alleged "sin" of homosexuality are all in the writings of Paul, who never knew Jesus, and whose writings are filled with scurrilous BS.
It never ceases to amaze me the patent nonsense so-called Christians believe. (Not that the other major religions are any better.)

The Old Testament has some tough stuff to swallow, I agree. However, if you believe in Christ, you believe the Bible. Saul/Paul did know Jesus, he met him on the way to Damascus. To say that Jesus thought slavery was okay because he never condemned it is just ignorant. He did not condemn many things which are horrific things in the world. He was not as concerned with your life here on earth, but your internal soul and the life which begins after death. For goodness sake, he was beaten within an inch of his life, spat upon, whipped, ridiculed, and finally crucified...all by his own creation and all while he had the absolute power to stop it at any time. You may not believe the Bible, and that is fine...just don't try to speak intelligently about what you don't understand fully.

Homosexuality is not a choice. You are born gay. Know what is a choice? Using a piece of fiction as an excuse to big an ignorant jerk.

I always love this stuff.

I still wonder where all the Christian outrage for other things in the bible that are forbidden yet are socially acceptable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT