ADVERTISEMENT

Sad to hear about Eric Montross

Tarjf

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021
Just heard that Eric Montross died of cancer today....very sad at such an early age of 52. When I first started getting into basketball (I was a baseball & soccer player my entire life) but my 7th grade year I got serious with basketball. I went to in the AAU Junior Olympics which was hosted by St. Petersburg so their were games all over the county at local HS gyms until the playoff rounds. Watched the Detroit Super friends team led by Chris Webber, the Memphis team led by Penny Hardaway, the Team Florida was led by Cliff Rozier & Dwight Brown. Then there was the team from Indiana with Eric Montross & this guard named Damon Bailey. But some other really talented guys: Rodney Rodgers (Wake Forest), Alan Henderson, Dickey Simpkins, Calvin Rayford....watching this weekend of basketball all around Pinellas county sold me on the sport. Anyways, big Eric Montross was the star among stars that weekend. He led the Indy team to the Gold (Florida team came in second) & was MVP. Anyway just sad to hear & it was a piece of my childhood that I'll always remember....thanks for reading

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News