ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals100 DT Will Norman previews official visit with Florida

JasonHigdon

Bull Gator
Staff
Nov 5, 2021
Rivals100 DT Will Norman previews official visit with Florida

Billy Napier and the Florida Gators will host a bunch of their top targets for official visits this weekend. One of the recruits that will make his way down to Gainesville this weekend is blue-chip defensive tackle Will Norman.

Will Norman is a 6’5” 290-pound defensive tackle out of the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida. Norman is also one of the top-ranked and most sought-after recruits in the 2023 recruiting cycle.

During this recruiting class, one of Florida’s biggest needs is a defensive tackle. Norman is one of a few targets Florida is recruiting but he’s a priority target and will host him for his first official visit. “I’m very excited for this official visit,” Norman told 1standTenFlorida. “You always hear about official visits coming up the recruiting game and I’m ready for my first one to see what Florida is all about.”

During his recruitment, Norman received over two dozen offers from some top-tier college football programs. He holds offers from schools like Florida, LSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Oklahoma, Penn State, and Texas A&M.

During his official visit to Florida, Norman will be around some familiar faces as his teammates and Gators commit, Knijeah Harris is also officially visiting Florida this weekend. Norman’s former teammate from IMG, Malik Bryant, will also be in Gainesville this weekend for his official visit.

Besides being familiar with some of the recruits that’ll be in Gainesville, Norman has built a relationship with some of the coaches on Florida’s staff. “I’ve been in contact with [Sean] Spencer and Coach [Jamar] Cheney the most,” Norman said. “They are always telling me to become part of the change at the University of Florida.”

Something else that wants to see during his official visit to Florida and check out the new standalone facility that’s still being built. “I definitely want to see the new facilities that are being built,” said Norman. “I’ve been in the past in the winter and early spring so, I really want to check out the new updates.”

Norman is also interested in talking ball with some of the coaches at Florida to see what the Gators have planned for him. “I want to continue to see their scheme and where I fit in,” Norman said about what he wants to talk about with Florida’s coaches. “I want to continue to see where they would use me and my abilities.”

The IMG defensive tackle mentioned that Florida currently ranks in his top five with LSU, Michigan, Penn State, and Texas A&M. Will Norman is also the 70th-ranked recruit and the fourth-ranked defensive tackle in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News