ADVERTISEMENT

Replace Mullen?

Replace Mullen

• Yes

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • No

Votes: 31 50.0%
  • Edub is a very nice and a totally cool person, but somewhat offputting when you first meet him

Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters
Mmm don't know about that. I mean maybe some people but Mullen has never been known as a recruiter.
He can't recruit an antifa member to a riot in Kenosha. But he can develop offensive players, especially better than Kiffin.

And I'm a big fan of Kiffin as an offensive coach, I just know he excels at drawing up plays in the dirt. I never saw much development of Bama's QBs when Kiffin was here. His skill was drawing up plays to focus on their strengths and hide their weaknesses.

He can't recruit an antifa member to a riot in Kenosha. But he can develop offensive players, especially better than Kiffin.

And I'm a big fan of Kiffin as an offensive coach, I just know he excels at drawing up plays in the dirt. I never saw much development of Bama's QBs when Kiffin was here. His skill was drawing up plays to focus on their strengths and hide their weaknesses.

I think we're nit-picking here. I'd rather have a guy that can recruit and scheme and identify his QBs weaknesses than a guy who has a disdain for recruiting and and can whisper in his QB's ear....of course that hasn't worked great for Emory. Even after 3 years in the system.

Missouri is a below average team, but we're worse. FSU is going to beat the crap out of us. Their defensive line is much better than Missouri's and we have no answer for Jermaine Johnson. They've gotten progressively better and we've gotten progressively worse. It could get ugly in the Swamp and not in a good way.

Just seeing internet postings some are worried what Kiffin could do with the players he could get here. Not really sure who they would be against us getting the most out of the actual possible candidates. Maybe those couple of Georgia fans that post here could enlighten us.
Here’s the problem…the gators are not firing Mullen

Go Canes!

I think we're nit-picking here. I'd rather have a guy that can recruit and scheme and identify his QBs weaknesses than a guy who has a disdain for recruiting and and can whisper in his QB's ear....of course that hasn't worked great for Emory. Even after 3 years in the system.
It will be interesting to see who Florida targets if they do make a move on firing Mullen. Personally, I think you guys can do better than Lane, but I also think at some point the switch will flip on for him and he will be a decent head coach.

The real question is if he has another USC debacle in him before he gets there.

Reactions: Razorback_Nole
It will be interesting to see who Florida targets if they do make a move on firing Mullen. Personally, I think you guys can do better than Lane, but I also think at some point the switch will flip on for him and he will be a decent head coach.

The real question is if he has another USC debacle in him before he gets there.
I honestly believe Kiffin would be crazy enough go back to the school that not only fired him after an embarrassing loss, but was told to go find his own ride back to LA, if USC actually calls him. After all, he's a Californian.

I honestly believe Kiffin would be crazy enough go back to the school that not only fired him after an embarrassing loss, but was told to go find his own ride back to LA, if USC actually calls him. After all, he's a Californian.

I think if he does leave its going to be Miami or here. I am hoping Miami can go 7-5 so that administration might not fire him while waiting to hire an AD.

Reactions: gatordad3
I doubt Kiffin really holds a grudge over that, tbh.

It won't be the first time a coach comes back to the same position at the same program/organization after getting canned or resigning like John Robinson at USC and Brian Hill with the Orlando Magic.

Let us hope this is true.

1541773966-luke-skywalker-no-gif.gif

Missouri is a below average team, but we're worse. FSU is going to beat the crap out of us. Their defensive line is much better than Missouri's and we have no answer for Jermaine Johnson. They've gotten progressively better and we've gotten progressively worse. It could get ugly in the Swamp and not in a good way.
From your lips to God's ears, sir.

Reactions: mnole03
UF has become nothing but a money pot for these Coaches to come in, get huge contracts, build up their bank accounts at our expense then get fired. They don't give a crap about UF, recruiting, nothing about UF. All they care about is the money.

Yes they will find somebody else, then pay him $30million a year just to be fired in 4 years.
'
You guys haven't had enough of this? They are sucking UF dry.

To be honest I use to be a Tampa Bay Bucs fan but I walked away from the NFL because of their crap. I think I am going to walk away from UF after 40 years of them being my team. I've had enough of this. Dan Mullen isn't a OC why didn't he hire a true OC? What a knucklehead!!! His plays are pathetic and if your players can't buy into them maybe your the issue Dan. I tried supporting him but after watching the pathetic play calling today I've had enough.

If UF hires Lane Kiffin, screw it I will never support UF ever again.

Reactions: Razorback_Nole
UF has become nothing but a money pot for these Coaches to come in, get huge contracts, build up their bank accounts at our expense then get fired. They don't give a crap about UF, recruiting, nothing about UF. All they care about is the money.

Yes they will find somebody else, then pay him $30million a year just to be fired in 4 years.
'
You guys haven't had enough of this? They are sucking UF dry.

To be honest I use to be a Tampa Bay Bucs fan but I walked away from the NFL because of their crap. I think I am going to walk away from UF after 40 years of them being my team. I've had enough of this. Dan Mullen isn't a OC why didn't he hire a true OC? What a knucklehead!!! His plays are pathetic and if your players can't buy into them maybe your the issue Dan. I tried supporting him but after watching the pathetic play calling today I've had enough.

I think Zook and Muschamp put in their full effort. I don't think Mac and Mullen did at the end.

Ghost ain’t real good with facts, we all know this…but he is normally pretty good on the sports board…for some reason sadgator trusts and respects his opinion of Mullen…

sadgator recognized Mullen as a good coach with a plan pretty early on in his tenure at Miss St. He was the guy sadgator felt was best suited to lead Florida. This season has sucked…no doubt…sadgator can’t deny it…but sadgator still feels the same way about Mullen. He is a damn good coach…and sadgator thinks we are lucky to have him…it would be a real mistake for the program If he was let go at this point…which sadgator thinks is unlikely…

That being said…if we lose bad tomorrow (which is possible) and/or suck again next year…everybody is going to be going apeshit…and all bets are off…
I like Ghost but sometimes he says the most off the wall stuff just to see if it sticks.

I had to reread a post 3 times when he said Mike Leach was the CEO type. Mike Leach...CEO? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: NavigatorII
I like Ghost but sometimes he says the most off the wall stuff just to see if it sticks.

I had to reread a post 3 times when he said Mike Leach was the CEO type. Mike Leach...CEO? 🤣
Leach is cerebral, sits back and makes decisions, and has a law degree so he's more CEO than most.

I see Cristobal and Sucks getting blanked by Utah in the 3rd. Best of luck to Miami landing him. He was such a success at FAU.🙄

Let us hope this is true.

There's some wisdom and pure gold in that list of tweets.

Why can't schools wait till after the season? The players and coaches are still trying to make a bowl, and all these accouncements are just distraction they don't need, and can wait < This guy's an idiot :rolleyes:🤣

Dan Mullen suppressed Anthony Richardson and Dameon Pierce while flaunting Todd Grantham because he is smarter than everyone else. Hope the $12 million gets him a nice mirror. < This guy is both Captain Obvious and a Man of Real Genius😍

https://twitter.com/rjeff74

Yeah, that and having to ride like a little kid in Saban's car that time...oh, and having to flee UTjv beelining it for the airport......LaneTrains, Planes, and Automobiles....tis the season for him and transport 🤣
Careful. Half this board seems to think that's your next head coach you're mocking.

LOL You never read what I say. I didn't say Leach was a CEO type, I said I didn't understand why some of you are horny over Kiffin and Freeze, and ignoring Leach. Still don't.

I see Cristobal and Sucks getting blanked by Utah in the 3rd. Best of luck to Miami landing him. He was such a success at FAU.🙄
Cristobal is one of the best recruiters in the nation, and an average at best coach. I'm a bit surprised Fever doesn't want him.

Now, Leach would a good cultural fit for Florida. He’s got Spur’s ornery sense of humor. And his Andy Kaufman-like wackiness is very “Florida Man.”
Florida can do better than Leach. They can do better than Kiffin or Freeze. My point about Leach was if UF fans want to go after a Plan B coach like Kiffin or Freeze, why are they overlooking Leach, who has actually had decent HCing success at multiple Power 5 programs?

Gonna be VERY interesting to see what this board thinks if Kiffin drops the Egg Bowl to Leach next week.

Florida can do better than Leach. They can do better than Kiffin or Freeze. My point about Leach was if UF fans want to go after a Plan B coach like Kiffin or Freeze, why are they overlooking Leach, who has actually had decent HCing success at multiple Power 5 programs?

Gonna be VERY interesting to see what this board thinks if Kiffin drops the Egg Bowl to Leach next week.
the pirate to Florida is a fit similar to Tiger King to LSU. It would be great theater if nothing else.

I think he might come to Florida, again, out of spite.

I guess everyone has forgotten that his ex-wife Layla is the daughter of John Reave

irony.

also didn't realize that he was from Anniston, Alabama. Right down the road from me...like Charlie Pell in Gadsden, or Jacksonville State who beat FSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT