ADVERTISEMENT

Regular Season Record Predictions?

ericandi

Rowdy Reptile
Dec 8, 2004
Orlando
Now that we more of an N value to evaluate, what kind of record are guys thinking Gators will finish the regular season with?

After embarrassing loss to Kentucky and looking at the remaining schedule, I was thinking anywhere from 7-5 to 5-7, but after the last 2 games and reevaluating the remaining opponents, I’m really think 10-2 possible, but worst case I think maybe 8-4.

Of the 8 remaining games, I think Florida will be favored by a fair margin in 5 games: Vandy, Missouri, and South Carolina, Idaho, and FSU.

Close to even money in 2 game: Miss State and LSU. I really think LSU is way overrated. They may be favored, but I would put the game at even odds, especially with it being played in G-ville.

The only game were Florida will likely be a significant underdog is Georgia.

If we win the 5 games we should, split the even match up games, and loss the Georgia game, that’s puts our final record at 9-3.

Plus or minus one 10-2 or 8-4. Absolute worst case but not likely 7-5. Absolute best case but very slim chance 11-1.

What do you predict?

Now that we more of an N value to evaluate, what kind of record are guys thinking Gators will finish the regular season with?

After embarrassing loss to Kentucky and looking at the remaining schedule, I was thinking anywhere from 7-5 to 5-7, but after the last 2 games and reevaluating the remaining opponents, I’m really think 10-2 possible, but worst case I think maybe 8-4.

Of the 8 remaining games, I think Florida will be favored by a fair margin in 5 games: Vandy, Missouri, and South Carolina, Idaho, and FSU.

Close to even money in 2 game: Miss State and LSU. I really think LSU is way overrated. They may be favored, but I would put the game at even odds, especially with it being played in G-ville.

The only game were Florida will likely be a significant underdog is Georgia.

If we win the 5 games we should, split the even match up games, and loss the Georgia game, that’s puts our final record at 9-3.

Plus or minus one 10-2 or 8-4. Absolute worst case but not likely 7-5. Absolute best case but very slim chance 11-1.

What do you predict?
10-2??? Seriously? The only reason Tennessee isn't the worst team in the SEC is because of Arky, and Arky might give UFK a game. You may be heading in the right direction, but you can't predict anything based on beating this Tennessee team.

Dunno but there is little more insufferable than joja fans who have parlayed one excellent season in the last thirty years into equating them to 1980s Miami or modern Alabama.

Relax...savor your current ONE game winning streak over Florida, and act like grown ups.

We did to UT what we thought we would do to UT. Though they gift wrapped several of our scores with their clown act with turnovers. I haven't seen anything like that...except for FSU's last 4 games.

I will give a 100th new prediction after the Miss State game. The D line performance did give me a little hope we could win some tough games 2015/2016 style possibly. We know we won't be facing a flat Miss State team after the beatdown they took from KY so that should tell us a lot. Miss State's weakness last year and this past KY game was rush defense on that side of the ball so hopefully we can exploit it because they can get after the QB.

10-2??? Seriously? The only reason Tennessee isn't the worst team in the SEC is because of Arky, and Arky might give UFK a game. You may be heading in the right direction, but you can't predict anything based on beating this Tennessee team.

This week's game will be the second toughest Florida will face other than Georgia. MSU is coming off a loss, and will be sky-high to beat Florida.

If Florida is competitive, Gator fans should be happy with that. If Florida can somehow win.....then yeah....that 10-2 prediction is quite possible. This game has always been a trap game from the moment the Gator schedule was announced. MSU should win.

We did to UT what we thought we would do to UT. Though they gift wrapped several of our scores with their clown act with turnovers. I haven't seen anything like that...except for FSU's last 4 games.

That’s overstated. The first two turnovers our defense made great plays, they didn’t just hand us the ball. The safety we again made a great defensive play. That’s 16 or the points right there we got off turnovers that weren’t given to us.

This week's game will be the second toughest Florida will face other than Georgia. MSU is coming off a loss, and will be sky-high to beat Florida.

If Florida is competitive, Gator fans should be happy with that. If Florida can somehow win.....then yeah....that 10-2 prediction is quite possible. This game has always been a trap game from the moment the Gator schedule was announced. MSU should win.
I was thinking LSU, MSU, and SC in that order. Basically, I wouldn't get my hopes up after spanking Tenn... not just for UF fans, but anyone.

I was thinking LSU, MSU, and SC in that order. Basically, I wouldn't get my hopes up after spanking Tenn... not just for UF fans, but anyone.

Cheatersee isn't a great team, and I'm thrilled to see it. But they too were sky high for the game, and Florida still handled them easily.

MSU will be sky high as well, I believe they are honoring Jackie Sherrill as their 'best' coach ever at halftime LMAO! The fans will be over the moon to beat UF, and the cowbells will be irritating as sh*t.

I honestly think MSU wins, this game will mean so much more to them than Florida, especially coming off a loss. If Florida wins, I think you can realistically pencil them in for at least 8 wins.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Its still one game at a time.Very pleased with the performance on the road versus Tennessee. MSU is going to be a true test for this Gator team. With the Kentucky blueprint I like our chances better.I think this one will be decided late in the game but. A win could really upgrade the Gator season. I think the Gators find a way. To win and go 4-1 and 2-1 in the Sec. Go GAtors

Cheatersee isn't a great team, and I'm thrilled to see it. But they too were sky high for the game, and Florida still handled them easily.

MSU will be sky high as well, I believe they are honoring Jackie Sherrill as their 'best' coach ever at halftime LMAO! The fans will be over the moon to beat UF, and the cowbells will be irritating as sh*t.

I honestly think MSU wins, this game will mean so much more to them than Florida, especially coming off a loss. If Florida wins, I think you can realistically pencil them in for at least 8 wins.

lol Talk about trying to take a jab at Mullen. Surprised they are doing something like that considering it didn't seem to be a big shock when he left.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
That’s overstated. The first two turnovers our defense made great plays, they didn’t just hand us the ball. The safety we again made a great defensive play. That’s 16 or the points right there we got off turnovers that weren’t given to us.
On 3 of their TOs it looked exactly like what you said "Just hand us the ball". We made the plays yes, but the offensive play was so...offensive...they basically put the ball in our players hands. It was hysterical!!! But, we did what was expected against a team that didn't win a single conference game last year.

LSU is better than most people thought when the season began. We may be catching Miss. St. at the wrong time. Coming off a bad loss, plus playing against their former coach. South Carolina looked good yesterday, but Vandy was overhyped because they played Notre Dame tough. I have no idea what our record will be. All I know is I'm finally seeing progress and improvement with both execution and effort, which tells me we finally have a coaching staff that knows what they're doing.

I just read on another site that after 4 games, UF ranks 26th in the nation in scoring offense, 4th in the SEC. We finished 108th in FBS offense last year. Of course, we have the meat of our schedule coming up, but that's significant improvement. Also, we're currently 19th in the nation in scoring defense, 6th in the SEC. Last year we finished 69th. So the trend is up folks.

I just read on another site that after 4 games, UF ranks 26th in the nation in scoring offense, 4th in the SEC. We finished 108th in FBS offense last year. Of course, we have the meat of our schedule coming up, but that's significant improvement. Also, we're currently 19th in the nation in scoring defense, 6th in the SEC. Last year we finished 69th. So the trend is up folks.

Good coaching and development already working.

Yards per play is also significantly up from the last several years.

Would still lean 7-5 to 8-4. We’re getting better but when you don’t have a reliable run game and a shaky QB every game is a toss up. You’ll win some you probably shouldn’t and also lose some you shouldn’t.

Just saw on the SEC website that Franks has the 4th best Quarterback Rating in the league, behind Tua, Fromm & Ta'amu (Ole Miss). As a team we are 9th in rushing offense, 10th in passing offense, 10th in total offense. That seems to say our offensive problems are not the fault of Franks.

Just saw on the SEC website that Franks has the 4th best Quarterback Rating in the league, behind Tua, Fromm & Ta'amu (Ole Miss). As a team we are 9th in rushing offense, 10th in passing offense, 10th in total offense. That seems to say our offensive problems are not the fault of Franks.

You should have learned by now that people just straight up make up things on this board half the time. My favorite complaint is how Franks doesn't go through reads. For one, unless you know the progression on every play, that's damn near impossible to tell from a TV set. And in the few instances a game where the camera angle does allow you to see progressions, he very clearly goes through multiple reads. The TD to Swain was exactly that. His eyes started all the way on the left of the field to the 2 WR side before moving out of the pocket to the right and hitting Swain. But then you'll get on here and see people complaining about how he still isn't read the defense.

On 3 of their TOs it looked exactly like what you said "Just hand us the ball". We made the plays yes, but the offensive play was so...offensive...they basically put the ball in our players hands. It was hysterical!!! But, we did what was expected against a team that didn't win a single conference game last year.

We "caused" four of their six turnovers. I hate it when somebody wants to use a positive turnover margin as some kind of "lucky break". Alabama always has a good turnover ratio, they must be just very lucky

Sometimes he reads, and sometimes he locks on to the primary.

Sometimes the D causes the T-O, and sometimes the other guys mishandle the ball creating the T-O.

Arguing absolutes for either side or either way of seeing things is basically hypocritical.

It really has to do with the trends, tendencies, and having consistency,, or not.... o_O

And that's were the debates begin and end. Doesn't matter whether it's standing on a soap box in the middle of the park while giving your speech, or jumping up on a table in the cafeteria and screaming out your own biased point's of view.... :cool:

Reactions: dakid_0812
You should have learned by now that people just straight up make up things on this board half the time. My favorite complaint is how Franks doesn't go through reads. For one, unless you know the progression on every play, that's damn near impossible to tell from a TV set. And in the few instances a game where the camera angle does allow you to see progressions, he very clearly goes through multiple reads. The TD to Swain was exactly that. His eyes started all the way on the left of the field to the 2 WR side before moving out of the pocket to the right and hitting Swain. But then you'll get on here and see people complaining about how he still isn't read the defense.

I'm glad somebody else noticed this play. Granted as a fan watching my team Im too in the moment to watch the details but this one stood out instantly.

Sometimes he reads, and sometimes he locks on to the primary.

Sometimes the D causes the T-O, and sometimes the other guys mishandle the ball creating the T-O.

Arguing absolutes for either side or either way of seeing things is basically hypocritical.

It really has to do with the trends, tendencies, and having consistency,, or not.... o_O

And that's were the debates begin and end. Doesn't matter whether it's standing on a soap box in the middle of the park while giving your speech, or jumping up on a table in the cafeteria and screaming out your own biased point's of view.... :cool:
I believe all but the low snap to the newly inserted QB Chyrst were turnovers created by the Gators.

I'm glad somebody else noticed this play. Granted as a fan watching my team Im too in the moment to watch the details but this one stood out instantly.

Yea and also just because somebody breaks open doesn’t even mean they’re in the progression. Sometimes a decoy route might break open but they’re 3rd or 4th in the progression. If he doesn’t throw to them it doesn’t mean he missed the read. Different plays call for you to hold on your first or second read a certain amount of time depending on the coverage. People have no issues showing their ignorance time and time again though.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I'm still pretty skeptical of Franks. I think he's got the skills to be at least above average, throwing the ball, but think he's a bad fit for Mullen's offense.

But I don't see how anyone can have a problem with how he's played this year. He wasn't great in the UK game, but they were better across the board. Since then, he has made quite a few plays and hasn't turned the ball over. Credit to him and to coach for putting him in good situations.

Actually, I think his success is one of the big reasons for optimism with Mullen. It looks like Mullen is real good at getting guys open, which we haven't seen since... he was offensive coordinator.

Reactions: oozie7
LSU is better than most people thought when the season began. We may be catching Miss. St. at the wrong time. Coming off a bad loss, plus playing against their former coach. South Carolina looked good yesterday, but Vandy was overhyped because they played Notre Dame tough. I have no idea what our record will be. All I know is I'm finally seeing progress and improvement with both execution and effort, which tells me we finally have a coaching staff that knows what they're doing.

Saving my views on that for the rest of the season against the better teams but he has gotten Franks so far not to do the crazy stuff like he was doing last year. On defense I want to see if that Tenn performance was only due to it being Tennessee.

I said we wouldn't really know much until Oct 1st, and maybe not until after Oct 7th.
That's still were I'm at.

It they win the next 2 games, then I expect a recruiting surge, due to Dan's coaching. :cool:

If they lose the nest 2 game, then I expect a recruiting surge, due to recruits thinking that they can all come in and play as tFr... :D

Always looking for that 'silver lining' as a long time Gator fan... ;)

Reactions: TennesseeGator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT