ADVERTISEMENT

Reggie Bush gets his Heisman back

Mt.DoraGator

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2013
I don't understand this. Reggie Bush had to relinquish his Heisman Trophy because "he received improper benefits". But now the Heisman Committee says since the 2021 Supreme Court ruled that year that the NCAA can’t enforce certain rules limiting education-related benefits. "Michael Comerford, president of The Heisman Trophy Trust, said the organization “considered the enormous changes in college athletics” in its decision to return the trophy to Bush."
The NCAA also penalized USC by stripping the men’s football team of its 2004 national title, as well as vacating 14 team victories from 2004 and 2005. So I wonder if USC will get their Natty back as well as those team wins.
So even though USC and Bush's actions were illegal at that time according to the NCAA, since they are now legal it's like it never happened for the Heisman Committee. I guess the trophy USC gets for their trophy case will be displayed near OJ's Heisman. How special.
(Fun fact: Reggie Bush was the only Heisman winner to ever have to return his trophy.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News