ADVERTISEMENT

Randy Shannon & 5 Others Assistants Let Go

So question.

When was the last time we had a coaching change when we weren’t going to a howl game?

He last several hires, we had to keep the current staff through the bowl game.

Didn’t want to see Shannon let go I thought he should have been given a defensive position but the rest well thank you!!!!!

Our hope with Nuss was granted…

Dan is Da Man

Nothing personal, but I'm not sorry they are gone.
DC/HC Randy Shannon
OC/QB Doug Nussmeier
TE/ST Greg Nord
WR Kerry Dixon II
DB Corey Bell
DL Robb Akey

I would have been okay with Shannon staying as the LB'ers coach, but it's not likely that he would have accepted staying as just a position coach? He can probably get a better and higher paying job elsewhere now.

Still on staff for now:
RB's Ja'Jaun Seider
DL Chris Rumph (DC?)
LB Tim Skipper
OL Brad Davis

Super Excellent Additions,,, thrilled with these two.
No listing as to their positions-jobs here yet?
OC/WR/ST Billy Gonzales
OL/TE John Hevey

24v1660.jpg

Nothing personal, but I'm not sorry they are gone.
DC/HC Randy Shannon
OC/QB Doug Nussmeier
TE/ST Greg Nord
WR Kerry Dixon II
DB Corey Bell
DL Robb Akey

I would have been okay with Shannon staying as the LB'ers coach, but it's not likely that he would have accepted staying as just a position coach? He can probably get a better and higher paying job elsewhere now.

Still on staff for now:
RB's Ja'Jaun Seider
DL Chris Rumph (DC?)
LB Tim Skipper
OL Brad Davis

Super Excellent Additions,,, thrilled with these two.
No listing as to their positions-jobs here yet?
OC/WR/ST Billy Gonzales
OL/TE John Hevey

Now that is not to say all four are retained after signing day. Davis already has a coach on staff now that is an OL guy.

I feel pretty safe assuming Seider will be on staff aince he went with Mullen to see Pierce and Fields today

Why is ol corch still there?! Softest position on entire team!
They aren’t soft because of Davis. I can tell you that. That guy is intense. He’s also a really good recruiter. The whole team was soft because of an atrocious S&C program. Mac refused to fire Mike Kent after being encouraged to do so.

Hevesy has been hired to be the Oline coach. Maybe we will have 2 oline coaches? We’ve done that in the past.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Why is ol corch still there?! Softest position on entire team!

A 10th on-field assistant is added for next season. And with Hevesy as co-OC you could very likely see us with two OL guys. Hevesy probably most heavily involved early because the QB read stuff requires a much different blocking than we had but Davis is a high intensity guy and an excellent recruiter and this is a year we could potentially land four 4* OL.

And Paco is right, out S-C was so bad many players actually worked out off site.

Again, patience. Mac (Foley) broke this thing MUCH worse than most are aware. And Mullen has already done more in 48 hours than Mac did in months. Gonzales has been visiting recruits and hasn’t been to Gainesville yet. He is is blue, but not Gators attire, because they are out working before even getting here.

MSU just had to pull their interim coach Knox off the trail because he was setting up visits with MSU committs and our staff because he is coming too.

Retained 4 (at least for now) and brought 4. Leaves two spots, truly interested to see if there is any truth that he offered Tebow a position.

A 10th on-field assistant is added for next season. And with Hevesy as co-OC you could very likely see us with two OL guys. Hevesy probably most heavily involved early because the QB read stuff requires a much different blocking than we had but Davis is a high intensity guy and an excellent recruiter and this is a year we could potentially land four 4* OL.

And Paco is right, out S-C was so bad many players actually worked out off site.

Again, patience. Mac (Foley) broke this thing MUCH worse than most are aware. And Mullen has already done more in 48 hours than Mac did in months. Gonzales has been visiting recruits and hasn’t been to Gainesville yet. He is is blue, but not Gators attire, because they are out working before even getting here.

MSU just had to pull their interim coach Knox off the trail because he was setting up visits with MSU committs and our staff because he is coming too.

Retained 4 (at least for now) and brought 4. Leaves two spots, truly interested to see if there is any truth that he offered Tebow a position.

Tebow isn't going anywhere. He will be giving baseball a try for at least one more season.

If that is true that is crazy. I remember the DE tweeting over the Summer that players needed to stop messing around and get to working out or words to that effect.

QB coach? I love Tim and definitely see the recruiting appeal, but there’s no way he would be involved with QBs would he?

Gonzalas and Hev
They aren’t soft because of Davis. I can tell you that. That guy is intense. He’s also a really good recruiter. The whole team was soft because of an atrocious S&C program. Mac refused to fire Mike Kent after being encouraged to do so.

Hevesy has been hired to be the Oline coach. Maybe we will have 2 oline coaches? We’ve done that in the past.

Co-OC / WR/ST Billy Gonzales

Co-OC / OL/TE John Hevesy

I expect to see some shifting around among the coaches once the full staff is decided on for the 2018 season. Give it some time guys... :cool:

FYI

Dan Mullen - Head Coach / QB's

Billy Gonzales - Co-OC / WR-ST

John Hevesy - Co-OC / OL-TE

Todd Grantham - DC / LB

Ja'Juan Seider - RB

Chris Rhump - DL / ??

Tim Skipper - LB / DB / ??

Brad Davis - OL / ??
------
ST's Coordinator??

~ Coaching positions and areas of responsibility, along with any other additions will settle out between now and Spring.
==============

There will be 10 on-field assistant coaching spots for the first time per amended NCAA rules. If Mullen keeps his staff as it stands now, he would have seven of those 10 spots filled with obvious holes at quarterbacks and secondary. He could also split up duties along the offensive line, defensive line and/or secondary.

It is expected that Mississippi State strength and conditioning coach Nick Savage, a former assistant under ex-Florida strength coach Mickey Marotti, will follow Mullen to the Gators. Lee Begley has joined the program out of MSU as director of recruiting operations.OnlyGators.com learned that Mullen has decided to replace assistant athletic director of football operations George Wynn, who has been with the team since Will Muschamp took over. Director of player development Kevin Barbay announced that he was not longer with the Gators.
http://www.onlygators.com/11/30/201...stand-with-gonzales-hevesy-grantham-on-board/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT