ADVERTISEMENT

Random McNeese Observations

ApkGator21

Gator Great
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021
A few notes, mostly background type stuff from watching the sideline

-Those that crticize Napier for showing no emotion should watch closer. He isn't overly demonstrative, but he gets after guys and refs throughout the game. He chewed out one ref in the first quarter for an entire tv break....he's not waving his arms or being Muchamp, but it's intense convo. Underwood got a long chat after the bad snap. Max got some time after a series, and several others plyers thru the game. I personally like that he remains generally calm and doesn't show people up....don't need that to get a message thru.

-RB Jakobi Jackson was dressed, but never enters the RB huddle on the sidelines. Cam Carroll is in there with Montrell, Etienne, Webb, Battle but Jackson just stands on the sideline. Doesn't appear to be in the RB mix any time soon

-JUCO Ivory Quincy looks smaller than listed, seems athletic but very very raw....needs a year at least

-IMO Lyndell Hudson looks better than Damion George, admittedly based on limited reps. K Harris looks pretty good too

-Smack looks much better this year than last season. Might challenge Mihalek, does look like his kicks still have a little lower trajectory

-I know everyone hates the TE room, but Boardingham looks like a beast if he gets it together, Hansen gives us a big super physical kid, and Livingston is oozing athleticism. Odom needs to be a lot more consistent with his blocking

-Andy Jean looked so nervous in his first series I thought he might collapse lol

-Trey Wilson is the truth, so is Jakeem Jackson. In fact, the hit rate for the freshman class looks extremely high

-Funny that the talk was all Denson when Perkins quit last week. He didn't play until the bitter end.....and the guy nobody ever talks about is Thornton who looked like he has that it factor to me. Seems to have a great feel for the game. Thornton would be my third safety based on Sat night

-Burke looked like he slept on the bench all night, never saw him stand up other than to go in at halftime.

-No one has mentioned Nunnery, thought he had a lot of quality snaps. Spurlock wasn't dressed (lot of guys weren't dressed out)

-Caden Jones is a big man

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News