ADVERTISEMENT

Projected Offensive 3-Deep

Newberrygator

Rowdy Reptile
Dec 18, 2004
On the heels of Nick doing his defensive two-deep, figured I’d take a stab at an offensive 3-deep. Plus @SORT14 asked me if I was going to. 😁

QB
Jones
Richardson
Del Rio

Only chose Del Rio because of his ranking being higher than Kitna, not because I have any insight as to who is ahead at this point.

RB
Wright
Lingard
Pierce (short yardage back)

Didnt have Bowman in there yet based on Mullen’s recent comments on how he is behind from a knowledge standpoint. Reminds me of how he felt about Lingard last year. From the Orlando Sentinel: “He looked good in the little bit in spring but we’ve gotta see how he picks things up and how he learns,” Mullen said. “Obviously, that hurts, being a first-year player when you kind of miss a whole installation ― this is kind of now almost like he’s going through the installation and learning it all for the first time because he missed the installation in spring.”

Hoping Bowman gets up to speed on the playbook and his assignments very quickly.....

WR
Copeland, Shorter, Whittemore
Henderson, Wells, Weston
Fraziars, Pouncey, Reynolds

Top 4 can be pretty good. Wells is solid at best as #5 and Weston seems to have big upside based on Mullen’s evals.

TE
Zipperer
Gamble
Elksnis

i think it starts out this way but wouldn’t be surprised if we see Zipp and Elksnis more than Gamble later in the season.

OL
Gouriage, White, Reese, Braun, Delance
Harrod, Simonds, Eguakun, Leonard, Tarquin
Boateng, Barber, Slaughter, Mugharbil, Mincey

Edit: Added Boateng to 3rd team at this point as we don't know enough about him to place him higher. Also, not sure if slotted for Guard or Tackle at this point, but will place him at OT for now.

Really curious to see Harrod and Tarquin at OT this year and whether they are future starter material when they are 4th year juniors in 2022.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News