ADVERTISEMENT

Post Spring/Way too early mock class

Gator-B

Dec 1, 2021
Tallahassee
First let me say, ill just go ahead and base this on a 25 man class by default since it is so far out. Ill do it a little different and add some commentary/reasoning for my guesses instead of just a list. I tend to have a list of 30 or so and compare scenarios before trimming down to 25. My expectations are in the 4-8 range depending on class size(I have a list of 7-8 guys i look for to move on that will effect class size, just don't know the "if/when" yet), but quality wise I am hoping for 0.9300+ in the composite. If we can get in the upper 290's traditionally that is a #3-5 class. To me this class is hopefully made up like the 2023 class blue chip wise, in the 80% range.

Quarterback (1)
This one is obvious and not going anywhere. DJ Lagway is the guy. I hope to see him on campus in January.

Running Back (2)
Chauncey Bowens
and Kahnen Daniels aren't going anywhere IMO either. Bowens is ranked high on his own merits, but early on we all thought he was RB2 to a Gibson or Gage RB1...now Chauncey is RB1 in this class. I think I have read somewhere Chauncey will be the first from the Benjamin School to graduate early and enroll in January. I do not think there is a 3rd RB taken in this class, depending on what happens this season another portal RB may be an option then, but not a high school RB3 IMO.

Offensive Line (4 + 1 January portal?)
Here is a breakdown on the OL I wrote a week or so ago that discusses some options: https://florida.forums.rivals.com/threads/offensive-line-spring-game-and-beyond.122528/

There are a few positions that just don't become clear until camp season. I'd say that is primarily OL and DL this cycle, so there is less confidence in these positions somewhat. This staff places a premium on size. They love big kids and having that size advantage. There are kids out there unknown who will pop up throughout the cycle that may be lesser rated, but have hte size this staff loves when they found Max Johnson and O'Cyrus Torrence, Kam Waites, and Jordan Herman all at ULL.

I like Fletcher Westphal and Ethan Calloway as our tackles. Fletcher seems to have a good Va. connection with Bateman as well as his area recruiter. Calloway is simply a hope for me, kid is pretty quiet during the process and I haven't seen much on him lately. He too, might be a Bateman guy, being from the NC area at his last job with UNC. Jordan Seaton and Eddy Pierre-Louis as the Guards. I am riding on EPL's familiarity with UF stemming from his older brother there., and i get a quiet confidence in @bblake08 mentioning that he talks to him often, or at least at Pro Day, which he chose to attend. Jake Guanaera will imo commit to Michigan next week because UF is not an option at this time. They probably feel they can circle back and have him, though with the portal I don't think they will. If these numbers don't work out, as Jason has said - its just going to be a combo of getting an OL or two in January 2024 from the portal to compliment what should be a very good 3-4 high schoolers.

Seaton just transferred to IMG: https://n.rivals.com/news/nation-s-top-ol-jordan-seaton-transfers-sets-next-visit

Some other names might be Jason Zandamela, WaltClaire Flynn, Liam Andrews and these Texas guys Michael Uini and Bennett Warren (I'm skeptical for now). Probably still talking to Kam Pringle and a few more as well.

Wide Receivers (3)
Things are starting to work themselves out better with a pecking order and names dropping off the board (Chance, Nitro, etc). I like the two Tampa kids TJ Moore(recently named us his leader), Izaiah Williams, then it gets tricky to me, this is just me bouncing around ideas...We only have 9 WR's on roster this year(Weston moved to Safety), so does the staff use a high school spot for a transfer WR? I don't know how Brenen Thompson the 10.27 100m slot WR from Texas plays into things here. I don't know if that is what is going on with Mario Craver, because that may just be a priority issue at that small WR/slot spot. Jerrae Hawkins is also interested. Those 4 names are all in the 10.4-11.0 second 100m range and speed is needed at the WR spots. Its nice to have options. My priority personally is Moore, Williams, and then Thompson to plug a roster hole and he can play this year at the very least returning kicks. He's already been in a D1 program, and is slightly bigger than the Hawkins/Craver options. Of course Jeremiah Smith changes things at this spot - I'm just not sure given his recruiting for Ohio State and his connection with Hartline that one happens for us, even with Lagway and a generous NIL deal.

I know that @Heisman Gator 1 has put in the futurecast for Craver.

Tight End (1)
Walter Matthews
seems to be the clear TE1 on our board - I think that's fairly obvious. I am just nervous with UGA losing their premium TE they come after WM now. I read somewhere they want 2 TE's and most of our TE targets are Ga kids...

Athlete (1)
....such as Amir Jackson as a TE2. This is kind of a bonus as i hate slotting kids as "ATH's". He seems to be a tweener and sort of a +1 for me. This may be where a spot is cut for one in the portal now. Kylan Fox is another name here as well, of course if something goes sideways with Mathews these guys could move into TE1 spot.

Defensive Line (5)
In order of confidence maybe?
  1. Kendall Jackson (DE/Edge)
  2. LJ McCray (Hybrid DT/DE)
  3. D'Antre Robinson (DT)
  4. Dealyn Evans (DE)
  5. Jayden Jackson (DT) (originally from Indiana and was at the Ohio State spring game)
Marquise Lightfoot, Jordan Thomas, Champ Thompson, Kameryn Fountain are maybe some additional names...but again - camp season will be big for OL/DL IMO.

Linebackers (3)
Myles Graham, Adarius Hayes, and Kristopher Jones
. Finally some LB's, and highly ranked ones, with college ready size. Bateman killed it this cycle if we can finish this.

Defensive backs (6)
Here is some thoughts on what Raymond may think on the DB's: https://florida.forums.rivals.com/threads/jason-or-insiders.122171/post-2529901

This seems to be the deepest board on the whole team, so I'll go with 5 names and options for #6 depending on who C Ray feels good about on any particular day lol. no point in trying to pigeon hole these guys into positions, they all have height/length/verified speed and can play. This group is CRAZY good and C Ray is finding his groove now at UF...
  1. Josiah Davis (committed)
  2. Xavier Filsaime (committed)
  3. Jamari Howard (red zone)
  4. Jordan Pride (red zone)
  5. Zay Mincey
#6 could come from a number of recent offers. Justin Denson, Cai Bates, Jarvis Boatwright, Kevin Levy, Jaylen Heyward, Ju’Juan Johnson. I wont even bother mentioning Lester, or Travaris Banks.

A portal take now shouldn't hurt this group if he is a one and done Safety.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News