ADVERTISEMENT

please don't laugh too hard

C-Smoove

Gator Great
May 10, 2005
yesterday i was watching Paul Finebaum and a Caller from tennessee declared they will win in your house next year...............beating you by 4 TD's!!!!

Originally posted by C-Smoove:

yesterday i was watching Paul Finebaum and a Caller from tennessee declared they will win in your house next year...............beating you by 4 TD's!!!!
Don't be stunned when nobody here gives a crap about a UT caller to the Finebaum show. UF fans don't care about Tennessee anymore. Years ago when Tennessee was worth a crap, they competed with UF for conference titles. Back then during a defined window...UT / UF was a big deal, and UF fans despised UT. Since then...why care? UT hasn't been a contender for anything since basically the turn of the century. Hell, you need two hands to count each season's losses for at least the past 5 years. Meanwhile, UF logged a pair of National titles and was at the top of the conference.

The UF/UT rivalry was situational and the circumstances creating it have long since passed.

A lot of things would have had to gone wrong already for them to be favored on the road.

they've been saying that every year for the last 10 years, so one of these times it will happen and they'll say they were right

Finebaum laughed pretty hard at it and yes they couldn't get it done the last 2 yrs.

If I recall, the only strength of last years team was the O line, which will have 4 new starters this year. If they couldn't beat Muschamp, well...

As long as Charlie Brown remains their "coach", they will continue to be a joke and keep losing to us. They lost all 4 years to Muschamp. Only other team to do that was Kentucky which currently holds the longest losing streak to a team in an annual series against us. So that tells you just how bad they were. Nobody else has lost all 4 years to Muschamp, not even Vandy. We went 3+ quarters last year without scoring on them, in their stadium. Jeff Driskel was actually handing them ball to them on our own side of the field in each of those quarters and yet they STILL found a way to lose to us in the final 15 minutes.

I'm curious will your fanbase Cuss them out like they did you last year when the game was almost over LMAO!!! That was Epic and even funnier what Muschamp said in the postgame.

It all depends if your D can keep us in the game. With the weapons that they could potentially have on offense next year, the game could get out of hand quickly. While I'm hopeful our O will be better, I'm not sure we have any opportunity to put any pressure on any team's defense.

The doofus caller is probably right. Tennessee has a much deeper and more talented roster than we have. They should have beat us last year, it took a miracle 50 yard field goal from a 40% kicker to win it.

Tennessee did hit bottom, but they're getting better under Gomer Pyle

UT should have beat UGA and a couple other squads as well. I'd be pretty surprised if they don't win 9-10 games. They should beat us, but it's at home and our defense should keep us in the game. If we make some plays late we can steal one.

They have lost 10 straight for a reason. I expect it to be 11 straight.

As someone completely ambivalent about who wins between UF and UT I can safely say that what Slimebaum says matters not one bit and one of his toothless callers even less.

On paper Tenn looks to take a step forward but you never know for sure. I am glad we get the game at home earlier in the season.

If we do beat them, it will be because of defense and because MCE outcoaches them on offense, because their roster is probably overall in better shape.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT