ADVERTISEMENT

Perspective from @ the game

Moosepoo80

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
Orlando, FL
That was a tough loss no doubt but can we correct the mistakes? I think we can.
First play of the game was a bomb. I called the play thinking we were rolling out a true freshman safety, because that's what we were told but we rolled out Moten on that play. Inches from knocking that down and it could be a different game

I think (hope) we roll out the TEs to block because we can't trust our Oline. We really need that group to mesh quickly to have any chance. Otherwise the 12 personel is awful to watch. No Boardingham last night is a head scratcher.

I know this won't be popular but the shovel pass to Zanders had the chance to be a great play call. From the overview perspective from the stands we had blockers out front but one of the Olineman got blown up and caused the play to breakdown.

We absolutely need a special teams coach. That was a horrible showing in all phases of ST. Why can't Florida find a reliable kicker? The shank punt (seems like he has 1 a game) is inexcusable for a veteran punter. Can we teach our returners to stop fair catching inside the 10.

Again probably harder to see on TV, because up in the stands you can see plays develop. But with our Oline struggling the short quick passes were what we were forced to do. There was opportunities to throw deep but Mertz didn't see them. We had open WRs down field a few times that never were seen by Mertz

Mertz has got to get rid of the ball he's going to get himself hurt if he continues to try and run people over

We don't have any DEs. We are severely lacking there. The big DTs played fine. They clogged the middle and didn't allow for many running lanes between the tackles.

Shemar is a beast! Tejada looks slow out there. Frosh safety played a good game. We need one of the freshman DBs to take that next step opposite of Marshall.

Utah has nice fans and a cool stadium with the mountains in the background.

We fans have to be part of the solution. We are all frustrated but as bad as we looked that game was winnable taking away the bomb and the tipped INT. If you complain just donate and help us buy great players. We are very young and have 53 new players. We aren't going to look like a well oiled machine. Let's just improve each game

Flights taking off - Go Gators!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News