ADVERTISEMENT

Palin was right...again....

djegators

Bull Gator
Dec 6, 2008
During the 2008 presidential campaign, Republican vice presidential
nominee Sarah Palin warned that if Senator Barack Obama were elected
president, his "indecision" and "moral equivalence" may encourage
Russia's Vladimir Putin to invade Ukraine.

Palin said then:

After the Russian Army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama's
reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence, the kind of
response that would only encourage Russia's Putin to invade Ukraine
next.
[/QUOTE]

For those comments, she was mocked by the high-brow Foreign Policy magazine and its editor Blake Hounshell, who now is one of the editors of Politico magazine.

In light of recent events in Ukraine and concerns that Russia is
getting its troops ready to cross the border into the neighboring
nation, nobody seems to be laughing at or dismissing those comments now.

Hounshell wrote then that Palin's comments were "strange" and "this is an extremely far-fetched scenario."

"And given how Russia has been able to unsettle Ukraine's pro-Western
government without firing a shot, I don't see why violence would be
necessary to bring Kiev to heel," Hounshell dismissively wrote.

Palin made her remarks on the stump after Obama's running mate Joe
Biden warned Obama supporters to "gird your loins" if Obama is elected
because international leaders may test or try to take advantage of him.

LINK

Originally posted by g8torlenny:
If it wasn't so sad to see my country run in the ground, and played like a puppet by Putin, I, well I don't know..sigh..
Simplest description of the situation: one guy is playing chess, the other guy is playing checkers...sadly that other guy is ours...seems all he does is say "king me."

PBO is perfectly willing to let someone else clean up the mess he has created once he is out of office. All the time knowing that the MSM will be happy to blame it on the next guy...as long as it's a R.

We have only ourselves to blame. We naively form military alliances (especially during the Clinton and GWB administrations) with countries around the world that we ultimately have no real intention of honoring. Putin saw right through this. Wasn't Georgia (the nation-state) an "ally" of ours when Putin invaded South Ossetia? Did we intervene militarily? Hell no.

Putin sees through our house of cards foreign policy. Obama has effectively conceded Eastern Ukraine to Russia. "Limited sanctions" are an empty gesture that is intended for domestic audiences.

We need to reduce our meddling in Eastern Europe. Let the EU step up and deal with their own backyard. They couldn't even topple Ghadaffi without US assistance. Let the EU boost their military budgets and develop a military that has legit power projection instead of taking advantage of American taxpayers and letting the US do the heavy-lifting around the world.

Let's go to war kill them all let God sort them out ! lol you people really WOW>

Originally posted by jbaby32:
Let's go to war kill them all let God sort them out ! lol you people really WOW>
Without the hyperbole, you do realize without a "war" you wouldn't have free speech? Trial by jury? Freedom of religion, and freedom from a theocracy?

Originally posted by 93nole99:

Without the hyperbole, you do realize without a "war" you wouldn't have free speech? Trial by jury? Freedom of religion, and freedom from a theocracy?
jbaby with such an intelligent response

the equivalent of "You guys are stupider than anything"

The bottom line sticking to the topic is:

1. Palin was accurate in her prediction about the Ukraine

2. I want to see her naked tates.

Thanks.

Originally posted by 93nole99:

The bottom line sticking to the topic is:

1. Palin was accurate in her prediction about the Ukraine

2. I want to see her naked tates.

Thanks.
Spot on of course. I still don't see where anyone is warmongering despite the leftist hyperbole and strawmen.

I think that I like his 'indecision'. Unlike our former president who would not think and Palin who can not think, My President does take some time to collect information and then does THINK before acting. It's easy to declare war when you are not the one putting your life on the line. This country has shed enough life and treasure. Individually, however, you can take a flight to Ukraine or Israel and go fight the Russians or Hamas. Nobody is stopping you from doing this...I hear cowards who have never fired a shot in combat talk so much shit about going to war when most of the cowardly panzsies could not last through 30 minutes of boot camp...

So you claim to be (or at least allude to) bring a military man, but you are a proponent of someone who is indecisive?

Yeah, I really hope you've never led men into battle because, after all, you know so much about service, obviously you know that there's so much time to be a "decider."

You're a punk ass, and I don't care if you're liberal or conservative (guessing liberal), but you are not fit to lead men. Tough decisions are too much for you, perhaps that bloated bureaucracy is where you're pompous, needy ass should be. Pontificate all you want and belittle others,

Or did I use words too big for your simple minded brain?

No need to go to war. Mushroom clouds, turn them to glass, and let Allah pick their 72 virgins for all. Fixed it for you.

She's got her own TV channel now so it looks like we've found a few subscribers on here. How many times do you think she will refer to the "mainstream media. "

Van every sentence you wrote is so ignorant. Don't know nor will I try to answer. Who raised you or when did you get indoctrinated? So sad people like you are the death of our country.

Palin_2.jpg

Funny to attribute this talking point to Palin, you know it wasn't "her" point.

Originally posted by gator1776:

Funny to attribute this talking point to Palin, you know it wasn't "her" point.
What's that got to do with her rack?

A whole lot of military men that fought in Viet Nam would agree that rushing off to war is a bad idea. The Middle East is a mess because of George W Bush. The economy was wrecked because of George W Bush. If we became more bellicose with the mess that is going on in the Ukraine we might destabilize that region as well. I will not debate on the internet but I have yet to have a right winger that can hang in a arguement that is based on facts.

Originally posted by chumleynole:

A whole lot of military men that fought in Viet Nam would agree that rushing off to war is a bad idea. There are military men who fought in wars since the beginning of time who didn't relish going off to war.

The Middle East is a mess because of George W Bush. The Middle East was a mess LONG before GWB was President. Read a history book or three, okay?

The economy was wrecked because of George W Bush. Chumpley, please tell me you don't believe that. I don't want to have to call you a complete idiot.

If we became more bellicose with the mess that is going on in the Ukraine we might destabilize that region as well. I will not debate on the internet but I have yet to have a right winger that can hang in a arguement that is based on facts.
Your facts, you mean?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT