ADVERTISEMENT

Our Defense

gatordad1

Bull Gator
Jan 13, 2003
I'm not a fan of Grantham, our D-backs play too soft. I'm concerned about Bama putting up half a hundred against the Gators.

Pre-whining by Gator fans is plumb pit-ti-ful to watch/read.

Bama should be a 2-3 TD favorite, just going by the available rosters.
Which SEC defense has led the SEC in QB sacks the past 2 seasons?
Do you want to play aggressive hardball, or sit back and play passive softball.
>>> BTW, this is no pussy softball league that UF is in....

Current SEC Team Rankings: Coaches Poll

One half (7) of the SEC's 14 teams are in the Top 25.
3 in the Top 5 (1-UA, 2-UGly, 5-aTm)
Another in the Top 10 (9-UF)
And 7 total are in the Top 25. (16-MS, 20-AU, 24-Ark)

The Media-Moron's AP Poll is slightly different:
1-UA, 2-UGly, 7-aTm, 11-UF, 17-MS, 20-Ark, 22-AU

It's not whining it's just an observation. That's what these boards are about. You've reminded me why I canceled my premium subscription after 17 years.

Any chance Bama is overrated? Do they play any one worth a crap before ya'll. TAM is certainly beatable...they didn't play worth a squat w/o their starting QB (but their defense looks legit).

Lol If they should be favored by 2 TDs in our house that shows how little respect the oddsmakers have for Grantham' s defense.

• Sad
Reactions: NavigatorII
Any chance Bama is overrated? Do they play any one worth a crap before ya'll. TAM is certainly beatable...they didn't play worth a squat w/o their starting QB (but their defense looks legit).
Overrated?? When is the last time they were overrated? Could they maybe be not as good as some of their national title teams? Yes that is certainly a possibility. They crushed Miami with ease and that game could of been worse then it was. Miami isn’t that bad and has some talented players.
I said it last week that A&M isn’t beating Bama because of their QB situation and they just don’t appear to have much explosiveness on offense. Auburn is playing much better than I thought they would (although haven’t played anybody yet) Typically teams that are explosive on offense have given Bama the most trouble. (see UF & Ole Miss last year).

Reactions: instaGATOR
I saw Bama favored by 15.5 this morning. Will be surprised if it's that close. Would love to be wrong, though.

Ignore Instafool.
But you can always trust any VI stupidity that Little Loopy Lizzy spews out....
😂
🤣
😂

Of course :)
"You've reminded me why I canceled my premium subscription after 17 years." -- gatordud1
Since I've never had a premium subscription, that makes no sense to me...
🤔

But if either of you were smart enough, you'd just put me on ignore and then you'd never see another post of mine.
😜
(definitely not that smart though)

Last edited:
I saw Bama favored by 15.5 this morning. Will be surprised if it's that close. Would love to be wrong, though.
I'd not be surprised if Bama beat UF by 3 TD's, nor if UGly beat UF by 2 TD's this season.
That said, there is always hope that the Gators can surprise us, and everyone else.

I'm just hoping that they can remove the 'bone-headed' mistakes and penalties in those games. Play a good solid game and do their best, win or lose.... Coaches coach, but the players still have to focus and perform on the field. We'll see....

I'd not be surprised if Bama beat UF by 3 TD's, nor is UGly beat UF by 2 TD's this season.
That said, there is always hope that the Gators can surprise us, and everyone else.

I'm just hoping that they can remove the 'bone-headed' mistakes and penalties in those games. Play a good solid game and do their best, win or lose.... Coaches coach, but the players still have to focus and perform on the field. We'll see....

There is hope Insta. Just one change will give us a chance to win the East and make the playoff if we win the SECCG.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT