ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Two other SEC games tomorrow worth checking out

MonkOnMars

Chomp Artist
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021
Alabama plays like the 3rd (maybe 4th?) true non-conference away game in the Saban era tomorrow @ USF. Who the hell am I to doubt Saban re: changing QBs but...this change seems oftly early in the season to me. Milroe wasn't good vs Texas but he was hardly alone in that regard and the loss doesn't really affect Alabama's season in terms of competing for championships. Milroe's athleticism is too enticing to sit in favor of Buchner, who wasn't good at Notre Dame last year. Alabama expected the passing attack to be up-and-down to start the season, so why not use the USF Bulls to straighten Milroe out? Unless this is a behind-the-scenes thing (Milroe attitude, etc) I dont get it. And if Buchner isn't good then what does Alabama do -- they'll be 3-4 games in and will have burned thru 2 QBs and I'll be here for the fireworks with my popcorn.

LSU plays @ Mississippi State at noon in a game I think will be close. Why? Because these games always seem to be close in Starkville and because LSU's defense has largely been crap to start this season. For one, they've taken Harold Perkins out of his Lawrence Taylor 'see ball/get ball' role from last year and are now asking him to play as more of a traditional LB because of course. And then there's Mississippi State now running 63% of the time with Not Mike Leach so I am thinking Brian Kelly's face will be red a ton tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News