ADVERTISEMENT

Opinions re: UF hoops bet

Miller11UF

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Mar 28, 2008
Pensacola, FL
So I'm not much of a betting man, but I couldn't help myself on Saturday after we dismantled UK in basketball. I'm from Tally and of course most of my best friends are Noles. As you can imagine, they are completely unbearable this basketball season now that they have a good team for the first time in my 31 years on Earth (that I can remember at least). They are CERTAIN that this team is Final Four bound. Every time they blow out a pathetic opponent they post things on social media like "Noles primed for a deep run in the tournament!!!!" or "Noles basketball doing WORK!!!" It's sickening. During the Leonard Hamilton era they have recruited plenty of talent over the years ( a surprising amount, considering how pathetic their hoops program is, historically) but of course it never really amounts to anything as I don't recall them ever winning more than 1 game in the NCAA tourney (maybe one year they won 2?)

So the bet is simple...I bet an obnoxious and unbearable Nole friend $100 that we would last longer than FSU in the NCAA tourney. If we get knocked out the same round its a wash (which I think could very well happen in the round of 32 or sweet 16). They are rolling and look good enough to get a 2 seed. They just had a stretch where they won 4 out of 5 vs. ranked ACC opponents. They can score and defend and they look dangerous....but they are still FSU and their coach is still Leonard Hamilton, a guy who has never accomplished anything of note (besides a fluke ACC tourney championship that, again, amounted to nothing in March). I feel like we have a better chance to make a deep run than they do, just based off of history and coaching. Plus we obviously turned on a gear that I didn't know we had and should play with great confidence from here on out.

What are your thoughts? Good bet? Go Gators.

Reactions: Gatorbait519
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News