ADVERTISEMENT

***** On Dean and Jones...

Chad Simmons

Chomp Artist
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2017
Atlanta
First, Dean did make it off the plane after 9:30pm Sunday night after sitting there on the tarmac for over eight hours. It was him and thousands of others just sitting there in planes and in that airport not able to go anywhere Sunday afternoon/night.

The power was restored around 12:30am Monday morning.

On Dean, I said it last week, Florida was in a good spot before the visit and I am hearing the Gators are in an even better spot after this weekend. The combination of the hiring of Charlton Warren (who Dean has a good relationship with), Bama flipping Joshua Jobe (No room for Dean?) and the way UF has pursued Dean the last three weeks has clearly put Florida in a good spot.

I would be somewhat shocked if he did not sign with UF Wednesday. This is his dream school and he was so close to committing to Florida in August of 2016 shortly after being offered, so it is really cool for Dean to see this come full circle.

On Jones, I am hearing much more Florida than any other school right now... It was Alabama for a while, but I told our Alabama site Sunday afternoon that I was hearing they were out of it. I do not see him staying with Ohio State, especially after they took another QB, and his family has always wanted him to stay closer to home — or at least play a lot of teams in the South where they can be there.

Auburn is not a factor. I am not ready to say FSU is out, but Florida is in a very good spot here I am told. Jones told me Sunday night that he will not speak on any teams or do any interviews until after he announces his decision around 11:30am Wednesday, so I checked around with other sources and while I feel the UF staff has to feel EXTREMELY confident in their chances with Dean, they likely feel pretty good about their chances with Jones too.

I will post more info as I get it, but when it comes to Jones, do not expect much from anywhere until it all goes down Wednesday.

As of now, I think UF gets them both.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News