ADVERTISEMENT

oh no. fsu is back.

Did Norvil eat carbs yesterday? Seems he had a huge brain fart.

By the way, his record at F$U is now 12-15. That is 3 games under .500 in his third season. Norvil could lose against Clemson and Miami and be 13-17 or 4 games under .500 after 9 games into the third season. That would make him statistically worse than WiLLLLLLLLLLLie with a whole extra year at F$U. All Holes will point to covid and the mess Willie made, I will point at statistics and the obvious Tallahassee southern redneck good ol’ boy club that was racist in their decision to fire Willie after 21 games when the numbers prove Norvil is no better.

Again, just pointing out stats.

Can't believe they are throwing the ball when a field goal can win it.

You haven't seen our kicker this yr have you lol Dude spanked a 29 yarder and has like a 40% field goal %. He made like 3 kicks against dookicane in game 1 but has missed damn near every kick since then. The throwing is not bad, calling the same pass play we called 18 other times is an issue. We have a 6'7" receiver, yet we throw a fade to a 5'10 guy lol Norvell meltdown is what that was

Did Norvil eat carbs yesterday? Seems he had a huge brain fart.

By the way, his record at F$U is now 12-15. That is 3 games under .500 in his third season. Norvil could lose against Clemson and Miami and be 13-17 or 4 games under .500 after 9 games into the third season. That would make him statistically worse than WiLLLLLLLLLLLie with a whole extra year at F$U. All Holes will point to covid and the mess Willie made, I will point at statistics and the obvious Tallahassee southern redneck good ol’ boy club that was racist in their decision to fire Willie after 21 games when the numbers prove Norvil is no better.

Again, just pointing out stats.
Riveting analysis.

Prove me wrong.
Actually, you're the one making false claims, so the burden of proof is on your moronic assertions.

What stat or fact proves today 10/10/22 that Norvil is better than Willie was in early Nov 2019?

Statistically speaking you are correct, but that's about it.

Norvil is completely in over his head.
He might very well be, but so was Willie.

As for your dip$hit, uneducated post, here goes.

First, it's not Willie's mess (aside from the inability to recruit a QB), it was Jimbo's. After Candy cheated on Jimbolt with the UF trainer Jimbo took his hands off the reigns. Hell, Jimbolt wouldn't even come downstairs for the indoor practice facility ribbon cutting ceremony with the doners. Willie took over a program in complete disarray. They ONLY thing successful about Taggart's tenure was academics; he righted the ship there and that's about it.

As @PacoGator19 can attest to, Willie was completely unorganized and in way over his head. Sadly, the admin wanted a fast turn-around and Taggart wasn't capable of that. We all knew when FSU went all in with Mike, we'd be stuck with him good or bad for 3+ years. No matter who they hired, you can't send the message you have 24 months or less to turn things around.

The fact you pulled out the race card really shows your ignorance and pretty much should negate my need to engage with you. Willie's termination was based on performance, not skin color.

Norvell is likely in over his head and that isn't questioned, but if you can't see even in loss FSU looks more like a football team than under Willie, pink turnover purse, Taggart, than you shouldn't be commenting on things you don't understand. We lost to Wake Forest because they were simply the better team under the leadership of a Senior QB who executed better. Our loss to NC State was a melt down by everyone but the defense (who kept forcing kicks). Our receivers dropped passes that should have had FSU putting together a route. Execution and some coaching head scratchers. Unlike vs Wake, FSU was the better team, they just $hit the bed.

Actually, you're the one making false claims, so the burden of proof is on your moronic assertions.

Statistically speaking you are correct, but that's about it.

He might very well be, but so was Willie.

As for your dip$hit, uneducated post, here goes.

First, it's not Willie's mess (aside from the inability to recruit a QB), it was Jimbo's. After Candy cheated on Jimbolt with the UF trainer Jimbo took his hands off the reigns. Hell, Jimbolt wouldn't even come downstairs for the indoor practice facility ribbon cutting ceremony with the doners. Willie took over a program in complete disarray. They ONLY thing successful about Taggart's tenure was academics; he righted the ship there and that's about it.

As @PacoGator19 can attest to, Willie was completely unorganized and in way over his head. Sadly, the admin wanted a fast turn-around and Taggart wasn't capable of that. We all knew when FSU went all in with Mike, we'd be stuck with him good or bad for 3+ years. No matter who they hired, you can't send the message you have 24 months or less to turn things around.

The fact you pulled out the race card really shows your ignorance and pretty much should negate my need to engage with you. Willie's termination was based on performance, not skin color.

Norvell is likely in over his head and that isn't questioned, but if you can't see even in loss FSU looks more like a football team than under Willie, pink turnover purse, Taggart, than you shouldn't be commenting on things you don't understand. We lost to Wake Forest because they were simply the better team under the leadership of a Senior QB who executed better. Our loss to NC State was a melt down by everyone but the defense (who kept forcing kicks). Our receivers dropped passes that should have had FSU putting together a route. Execution and some coaching head scratchers. Unlike vs Wake, FSU was the better team, they just $hit the bed.
I liked the Norvell hire. 6-8 wins this year will be a success candidly. It only takes one bad year to ruin a program but it takes 2-4 to get it back on track.

In my not so expert opinion Norvell isn’t very good but he’s certainly much better than Taggart. I will say FSU is certainly much improved from the last year or two but then they were so bad I’m not sure that is saying much but they are improved nonetheless. Make that what you will. He just doesn’t recruit that good is the biggest concern if I was a FSU fan. He’s done well in the portal but you can’t sustain or be competitive just through the portal either. It’s more of a band-aid or too fill a hole here in there but not something that can be sustainable over time IMO. You have to get some guys the good ole fashioned way (high school prospects). What he has going for him is generally the ACC has really only had 1 consistent top program over the last several years in Clemson. Everyone else has had their ups and downs & been inconsistent.

Last edited:
Reactions: fsu939913
In my not so expert opinion Norvell isn’t very good but he’s certainly much better than Taggart. I will say FSU is certainly much improved from the last year or two but then they were so bad I’m not sure that is saying much but they are improved nonetheless. Make that what you will. He just doesn’t recruit that good is the biggest concern if I was a FSU fan. He’s done well in the portal but you can’t sustain or be competitive just through the portal either. It’s more of a band-aid or too fill a hole here in there but not something that can be sustainable over time IMO. You have to get some guys the good ole fashioned way (high school prospects). What he has going for him is generally the ACC has really only had 1 consistent top program over the last several years in Clemson. Everyone else has had their ups and downs & been inconsistent.
I agree. Better than Willie, but not the long term answer.

I agree. Better than Willie, but not the long term answer.
No I don’t think so. I guess it also depends on what your expectations are as well. He’s certainly not going to win FSU any national titles. He doesn’t recruit anywhere near good enough so that would have to improve first and then if that was to improve a lot then he also has some “gameday coaching” areas to improve on as well.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Too bad Coach Cornrows got him an extension. The Carolina Panthers just canned Matt Rhule, and he would be stupid to take the Nebraska job under the dipsh*t Trev Alberts.

No I don’t think so. I guess it also depends on what your expectations are as well. He’s certainly not going to win FSU any national titles. He doesn’t recruit anywhere near good enough so that would have to improve first and then if that was to improve a lot then he also has some “gameday coaching” areas to improve on as well.
I can somewhat stomach the Wake loss...we just got out played. The NC State game, though...some bad coaching decisions, but even worse was the uncanny amount of key drops. It's one thing to have 1 or 2, but there were at least 6 that were either for a TD or a 1st down and literally killed the game...that and a roughing the passer call that was as bad as the Bucs one this weekend. Had the players executed, the bad coaching would have been masked and we'd be hosting Clemson at 5-1.

I now change my previous 8-4 predictions back to 7-5 with a bowl. If Norvel doesn't get at least 9 wins next season he needs to go.

Reactions: PacoGator19
I can somewhat stomach the Wake loss...we just got out played. The NC State game, though...some bad coaching decisions, but even worse was the uncanny amount of key drops. It's one thing to have 1 or 2, but there were at least 6 that were either for a TD or a 1st down and literally killed the game...that and a roughing the passer call that was as bad as the Bucs one this weekend. Had the players executed, the bad coaching would have been masked and we'd be hosting Clemson at 5-1.

I now change my previous 8-4 predictions back to 7-5 with a bowl. If Norvel doesn't get at least 9 wins next season he needs to go.
I honestly didn’t watch any of the game. I was watching the Bama/A&M game. I only saw the FSU punter doing what he did via a highlight. I haven’t even had a chance to see the interception that Travis threw at the end of the game.

I honestly didn’t watch any of the game. I was watching the Bama/A&M game. I only saw the FSU punter doing what he did via a highlight. I haven’t even had a chance to see the interception that Travis threw at the end of the game.
I understand the call to throw it instead of the winning kick, but our kicker is TERRIBLE (despite kicking a 47 yarder before the half). The best play of the game was the fake punt return. I don't care what team you root for, it's a great highlight reel.

Interception to seal the win.

I understand the call to throw it instead of the winning kick, but our kicker is TERRIBLE (despite kicking a 47 yarder before the half). The best play of the game was the fake punt return. I don't care what team you root for, it's a great highlight reel.

Interception to seal the win.

Yes FSUs kicker is terrible. UFs isn’t so good either. I don’t have a problem with passing the ball there to try and get a little bit closer for your kickers sake. I don’t like that particular pass play though. Something a little safer probably would of been smarter. Was it a bad play call and that was the first read on that particular play or was it just a terrible decision by Travis or a combo of both?

Last year he got his pants pulled down on ESD, Hunter flipping and all 6 other blue chippers picked someone else. We were 5 and 7 though so that's probably why they bailed. He's better than Willie (I mean damn tho who isn't, I'd take the shark humper over willie). Team has improved but it melts down hard-core late in games. They did against LSU (got lucky with the blocked kick), they did against Louisvville (got lucky with a pick), they did against NC state

• Wow
Reactions: gatordad3
The more things change…
ibl5srnM38qfiE.gif

Say whatever you want about Jimbo being a thief or an average football coach…

but he did trade up in both football teams and wives…so you have to respect him for that….
Courtney-Harrison-Fisher-age.jpg
Fisher almost had no choice. He saw the writing on the wall during the 2017 season when he lost his French quarterback and on the verge of a losing season. It only took a garbage UF staff to avoid FSU having a certain losing season. They were staring at 3-6 before their last 2 regular season games(then they got desperate by making up a canceled game ULM to play in a bowl game). I don't think they were gonna fire him after the 2017 season but he definitely would have been in 2018.

Fisher almost had no choice. He saw the writing on the wall during the 2017 season when he lost his French quarterback and on the verge of a losing season. It only took a garbage UF staff to avoid FSU having a certain losing season. They were staring at 3-6 before their last 2 regular season games(then they got desperate by making up a canceled game ULM to play in a bowl game). I don't think they were gonna fire him after the 2017 season but he definitely would have been in 2018.
I dunno. That administration loves longevity. Bowden, Martin, Hamilton. It just shows you how bad Taggert was (and how hard the alumni must have lobbied) to get him fired. Bowden's successor, holder of a national title? His rope would have been much longer than 2018.

I dunno. That administration loves longevity. Bowden, Martin, Hamilton. It just shows you how bad Taggert was (and how hard the alumni must have lobbied) to get him fired. Bowden's successor, holder of a national title? His rope would have been much longer than 2018.
About the only thing that would keep Fisher around that long, which I forgot, was his hefty buyout, and we all know FSU would still struggle to cough up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT