ADVERTISEMENT

Official Coaching Change Thread

MJWilliamson

Bull Gator
Apr 23, 2007
In all, there have been what, 18 openings?

1.Miami
2. VTech
3. South Carolina
4. USC
5. Maryland
6. UGA
7. Rutgers
8. UCF
9. Minnesota
10. Hawaii
11. Illinois
12. North Texas
13. Iowa State
14. Missouri
15. Syracuse
16. ULM
17. Virginia
18. Tulane

*19. Memphis (Fuente to VTech)
*20. Toledo (Cambell to Iowa State)

I think , Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa State and maybe VTech have made hired replacements?

Last years HBC move by UF is looking either smarter, or luckier at this point. :cool:

I'm sure glad that we aren't in that massive coaching carousel right now... :confused:

I can't remember a year with more head coaching changes in a single year. o_O

This is the Georgia Way.

Persons close to the Georgia football program who are acquaintances with Smart said the Bulldogs could not afford to sit by idly as “one of their own” took another head coaching job, possibly with a rival program.​

Jesus wept.

I wonder how those people felt when Florida hired Will Muschamp.

As most of you know, I don't think Georgia needs to hire a coordinator over an established head coach. But if Smart is the choice, I'd sure like to think it's for some other reason than that. Unfortunately...

Senator Blutarsky

BTW, for those of you complaining that Pruitt is overrated, here is what he has done at UGA. He is responsible for the 2014 and 2015 UGA defenses;

Total Defense

• 2013: 375.5 ypg (45th nationally)
  • 2014: 337.2 ypg (17th nationally)
  • 2015: 298.0 ypg ( 8th nationally)
Scoring Defense

• 2013: 29.0 ppg (79th nationally)
  • 2014: 20.7 ppg (16th nationally)
  • 2015: 16.9 ppg (10th nationally)

I think Pruitt is a pretty good DC. He's much better than the guy UGA had before (Grantham) or whatever his name was. I wouldn't want Pruitt though. He sounds a little unstable and a bit of a head case. UGAs problem now is their offense is terrible with awful QB play (sound familiar)

Rumor has it that Dino Babers (Bowling Green) will be the UCF coach. Good news for us.

Rumor has it that Dino Babers (Bowling Green) will be the UCF coach. Good news for us.
@CoachBabersBG: The rumors about me accepting a job at UCF are not true. I am focused on @BG_Football and winning a MAC Championship Friday night.

Classic coach speech.

That means he is taking it.

The only thing that means some coach is not taking is another job is if they say...I am NOT taking the job, and I am coaching here next year.

UCF down right now, but is a step up.

From Senator Blutarsky;

This wins the Internet today, for sure.

#Louisville head coach Bobby Petrino has expressed interest in the #UGA vacancy, source tells @FOXSports

— Bruce Feldman (@BurritoBrosShit) November 29, 2015

The best part, of course, is you can't entirely discount the possibility that's actually happened.

Looks like a visit was made to someone at Ohio State. Wonder which coach was visited?
CVBn5vUUAAAf2cs.png:large

I believe Herman has already turned down USCe and smart money is on Smart going to UGA. USCe IMO is going to go back to a SEC East cellar dwellar like they have been in the past. They have had 2 legendary coaches in Lou Holtz and Steve Spurrier and even those guys couldn't win a SEC title. In fact between the two of them I think South Carolina only has 1 Eastern division title.

Strong will be around until he messes up next year. At least, according to some buddies I have that are well connected at UT.

That's what I've also been told. I have lots of family in Texas and a couple law school classmates are big boosters there.

Of course, that could all change if Baylor really puts a beating on the Horns this coming weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT