ADVERTISEMENT

non FB subject - Marco Rubio

CaribbeanNole

Bull Gator
Nov 30, 2006
although he's a UF Gator, I'd vote for him. Very sharp young man. Think he'd be a good president, far better than Obama. Definitely prefer him over Trump & Clinton.

Good luck in your bowl game, gonna be an interesting one to watch.

While Rubio has good potential as a leader, I think he needs a bit more seasoning. It's disturbing that the trend has been to elect presidents in their early 40s.

It used to be we would elect presidents in their mid50s that had more experience with life issues & governing. In making big decisions, I would trust someone that is wise and would take everyone/everything in to account.

350px-Age_of_presidental_ascention.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States_by_age

good point RD_Gator. I agree. Looking at what's out there I think Rubio & Cruz are in their early / mid 40's. Carson had the edge in age and life issues, but not govt. Same with Carly. She's 59 with biz experience,but not govt. Trump, not my cup of tea, I guess thru my conservative eyes I'm looking for who would beat Clinton ha ha

John Kasich would be my ideal candidate. Kasich is fiscally conservative and tries to work with both democrats and republicans. We could use a leader that could try to unite the country better. Chris Christie and Jeb Bush would be my other alternatives.

If Trump gets elected and employs some of his suggestions, the U.S. would be pushed so far right (more than ever in its history) & could represent a version of NAZI Germany:
- rounding up Muslims (vs rounding up Jews/Communists)
- rounding up illegal immigrants and transporting them out of the country.
It sounds kind of familiar doesn't it.

Or if Trump decides to go 3rd party, it'll be another 3rd term democrat again!

It's a timing issue and in this cycle, it's not good timing for Kasich. I like the man as well, but his message and style won't allow him to break out of the pack this year.

I'm going to vote for Rubio even though he made his bonehead remark about FSU. So he's young. JFK was the same age, or close. His knowledge of the facts, grasp of the issues, and ability to speak to those issues gives me hope. Far more hope than the current zero in the WH.
Trump is, I fear, a Trojan Horse.

It's a timing issue and in this cycle, it's not good timing for Kasich. I like the man as well, but his message and style won't allow him to break out of the pack this year.

I'm going to vote for Rubio even though he made his bonehead remark about FSU. So he's young. JFK was the same age, or close. His knowledge of the facts, grasp of the issues, and ability to speak to those issues gives me hope. Far more hope than the current zero in the WH.
Trump is, I fear, a Trojan Horse.
Before you vote for Rubio I think you should check out his personal financial issues. He is very bright but I'm not sure if that's the person you want in the white house especially when it comes to financial matters. I'm shocked that Kasich who is the most qualified doesn't get any traction.

Last edited:
Reactions: regator
Before you vote for Rubio I think you should check out his personal financial issues. He is very bright but I'm not sure if that's the person you want in the white house especially when it comes to financial matters. I'm shocked that Kasich who is the most qualified doesn't get any traction.

Ah. Dem troll. So his finances are more of a concern than Hillary's?
Okay.

I agree on his finances.
If he can't handle household finances how can he run a national budget?
And by the way I won't be voting for a democrat.

He who, when it's time to put pen to paper, has the best chance to keep Hillary Clinton out of the White House will get my vote. While he's not my #1, Rubio is seemingly more and more likely to be that guy.

My goodness.

You fell for that?

Seriously?

My goodness.

You fell for that?

The guy had to short sell his house with a salary of over $300,000
Nobody is falling for anything.
He is just like Obama.
Great speaker with not much substance.
He also didn't do the job he was voted in for.
Didn't think it was important enough to show up and vote.
He is a pure politician thru and thru

oH.

He is bad in that regard compared to....who?

I am not necessarily a Rubio fan. I prefer one or two other candidates over him. But that kind of ankle biting crap is just that, ankle biting crap.

Ankle biting crap?
The guy can't manage his finances.
The guy isn't doing tHe last job he was voted in to do.
If these arnt important things to take in consideration when picking a president what the heck is?

Ankle biting crap?
The guy can't manage his finances.
The guy isn't doing tHe last job he was voted in to do.
If these arnt important things to take in consideration when picking a president what the heck is?

Rubio doesn't make that much money in the grand scheme of things and is likely spending more and earning less than he normally does while running for president. He had to take assets out of his retirement plan mainly to cover tuition for his kid's private school. Were I his financial advisor, I would tell him to try and find a good public school, but using money from your nest egg isn't the worst thing in the world.

Since you are so focused on the ability of a candidate to generate net worth, I have to assume that unless you are just grandstanding here, you voted for Romney in the last two elections and will be voting for Trump in this one, right?

Rubio doesn't make that much money in the grand scheme of things and is likely spending more and earning less than he normally does while running for president. He had to take assets out of his retirement plan mainly to cover tuition for his kid's private school. Were I his financial advisor, I would tell him to try and find a good public school, but using money from your nest egg isn't the worst thing in the world.

Since you are so focused on the ability of a candidate to generate net worth, I have to assume that unless you are just grandstanding here, you voted for Romney in the last two elections and will be voting for Trump in this one, right?

You're a financial advisor?!?!

HO LEE SHE YIT.

So you can like add and stuff, huh?

Couldn't be better, 10 months now. Shockingly, despite being an a$$hole on the internet, I'm a pretty solid dad so far.

Thanks for asking, my man.

Kudos to you my friend. I envy you as I have no children of my own.

My nephew Ford. He just turned five months old.
2rzb68y.jpg

He's not my son, but now I finally get why people love their children. When he cries in frustration my reaction isn't "Will someone shut that kid up." It's heart wrenching. The first few times I got very upset.

He means he has one of the worst attendance records in the senate and headmitted he doesn't like the job!

That's not really uncommon (which itself is a helluva indictment on our political representatives). If that's going to be an important criteria then you're going to eliminate a lot of people.

I know a Democrat mover-and-shaker in Chicago. Before she figured out I'm not a Democrat, she was telling me about how whenever they needed to find Obama for a vote in the Illinois state senate (because he was never there) they'd go to a series of place almost always starting at a local Starbucks and frequently finding him on a basketball court playing a pickup game. She found the whole thing amusing.

If you want to find warts on a candidate then you will.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone . . .

Early in his legislative career (in the State), I had high hopes for him - but my opinion of him has changed through the years. He's somehow done a good job of selling himself as an outsider & has frequently been critical of "lifetime politicians," despite the fact that he's spent his entire adulthood feeding at the public trough.
He's definitely a skilled & polished politician; a pretty face & a smooth talker. If you bumped into him on the street & asked him "what time is it" he'd talk to you for five minutes; you'd walk away feeling really impressed, but then you'd realize "I still don't know what damn time it is."
Just another empty suit, IMO.

Kudos to you my friend. I envy you as I have no children of my own.

My nephew Ford. He just turned five months old.

He's not my son, but now I finally get why people love their children. When he cries in frustration my reaction isn't "Will someone shut that kid up." It's heart wrenching. The first few times I got very upset.

He is a beautiful baby. Congrats to you and your brother (?). Just remember, as the uncle, you get to spoil him and be cool in ways that the parents can't. Nothing wrong with that.

I had a conversation recently with friends who are thinking of starting a family explaining what you noticed about your innate desire to care for a little one. When my son cries, all I think is I want to take care of him, never that I am upset or annoyed. When I have to clean up the dirtiest diapers, I just do it to get him clean, the thought of being disgusted doesn't enter the equation.

Early in his legislative career (in the State), I had high hopes for him - but my opinion of him has changed through the years. He's somehow done a good job of selling himself as an outsider & has frequently been critical of "lifetime politicians," despite the fact that he's spent his entire adulthood feeding at the public trough.
He's definitely a skilled & polished politician; a pretty face & a smooth talker. If you bumped into him on the street & asked him "what time is it" he'd talk to you for five minutes; you'd walk away feeling really impressed, but then you'd realize "I still don't know what damn time it is."
Just another empty suit, IMO.

I pretty much agree with you. I like Rubio because I think he is pretty strong on foreign policy, OK on fiscal matters, and the best candidate in the general. I don't have anyone in the race who inspires me or anything like that.

I would just find it amusing if someone were to find Rubio's treatment of his retirement account an unforgivable offense, but then go vote for Hillary and ignore her email scandal or vote for Trump and ignore basically everything he has ever said, etc.

Reactions: goldmom
When my son cries, all I think is I want to take care of him, never that I am upset or annoyed.

One thing you have to keep in mind, as cute and lovable as they are.....they WILL learn to use 'crying' to manipulate you if they can. They're smart and they're very self centered.

I have inlaws with their first kid and, if she whimpers in the least, they are both there in seconds attending to her with the accompanying baby talk. They're going to have issues when she gets a little older.

That's not really uncommon (which itself is a helluva indictment on our political representatives). If that's going to be an important criteria then you're going to eliminate a lot of people.

I know a Democrat mover-and-shaker in Chicago. Before she figured out I'm not a Democrat, she was telling me about how whenever they needed to find Obama for a vote in the Illinois state senate (because he was never there) they'd go to a series of place almost always starting at a local Starbucks and frequently finding him on a basketball court playing a pickup game. She found the whole thing amusing.

If you want to find warts on a candidate then you will.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone . . .
Frankly, I think they are all worthless on both sides. There are no more statesmen running for office.

He is a beautiful baby. Congrats to you and your brother (?). Just remember, as the uncle, you get to spoil him and be cool in ways that the parents can't. Nothing wrong with that.

I had a conversation recently with friends who are thinking of starting a family explaining what you noticed about your innate desire to care for a little one. When my son cries, all I think is I want to take care of him, never that I am upset or annoyed. When I have to clean up the dirtiest diapers, I just do it to get him clean, the thought of being disgusted doesn't enter the equation.

Yes, younger brother. Thank you. Fordy (as we all call him) is damned cute.

I shut down my practice in Gainesville and moved to Tallahassee (and am just now getting the practice going here) to help my aging parents as well my brother and his wife with their child.

Family comes first. Always.

Reactions: dakid_0812
I pretty much agree with you. I like Rubio because I think he is pretty strong on foreign policy, OK on fiscal matters, and the best candidate in the general. I don't have anyone in the race who inspires me or anything like that.

I would just find it amusing if someone were to find Rubio's treatment of his retirement account an unforgivable offense, but then go vote for Hillary and ignore her email scandal or vote for Trump and ignore basically everything he has ever said, etc.

Cruz is the guy I like best. I really like his long term tactical and strategic thinking.

I would just find it amusing if someone were to find Rubio's treatment of his retirement account an unforgivable offense, but then go vote for Hillary...

If Rubio wasn't a Republican, maybe Hillary would have given him some day trading trips for the cattle futures market and he wouldn't have to tap into his savings...

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT