ADVERTISEMENT

nole fans were correct: fsu handled Winston case perfectly

Do some reading and don't let your hate for FSU blind you from the truth. Treon Harris is guilty to right?! give me a break. That girl should be going to jail.

Only reason why Gate fans still bring this up is that's the only way they can deal with the fact that we won the title in 2013.....sad so sad.

The problem for FSU is that someone in the athletic department was apparently aware that TPD received a complaint about Jameis and failed to inform the general FSU administration. As a result, no investigation was done until much later.

Yep;

“The first time anyone at FSU outside the campus police and Victim Advocate Program learned about the alleged sexual assault was in January 2013, when a Tallahassee PD detective called the athlete on his cellphone,” the school’s letter said, in part. “The athlete immediately notified the Athletics Department, where officials referred him and his family to a Tallahassee attorney."

The school’s letter also said that athletic department officials failed to notify the school’s Title IX coordinator — an issue that federal investigators are almost certain to examine closely.​

Plus

Meggs, the top prosecutor in Florida’s capital city for nearly 30 years, told FOX Sports recently he was handicapped in trying to conduct a proper investigation of the case. Meggs said he called attention to the fact that university officials apparently turned copies of the police report over to Winston’s attorney days before his office even knew the allegation existed.​

FSU screwed the pooch on this one. And are having to pay. Rightfully so.

Yep;

“The first time anyone at FSU outside the campus police and Victim Advocate Program learned about the alleged sexual assault was in January 2013, when a Tallahassee PD detective called the athlete on his cellphone,” the school’s letter said, in part. “The athlete immediately notified the Athletics Department, where officials referred him and his family to a Tallahassee attorney."

The school’s letter also said that athletic department officials failed to notify the school’s Title IX coordinator — an issue that federal investigators are almost certain to examine closely.​

Plus

Meggs, the top prosecutor in Florida’s capital city for nearly 30 years, told FOX Sports recently he was handicapped in trying to conduct a proper investigation of the case. Meggs said he called attention to the fact that university officials apparently turned copies of the police report over to Winston’s attorney days before his office even knew the allegation existed.​

FSU screwed the pooch on this one. And are having to pay. Rightfully so.

Girl was a slut who chased after athletes by her own admission on social media. So let me get this straight....after Winston rapped her she let him drive her back to campus on his scooter.....yeah OK

ONE....MILLION....DOLLARS
Huh ?!? if she really felt rapped she would have never excepted the settlement. Besides the school is sort of admitting that the title 9 part of the investigation was not done 100% by the book but that doesn't mean the school believes he rapped her

I can't believe when Title 9 was passed in the 70's anyone could imagine it would turn into rape tribunals and kangaroo courts.

I can't believe when Title 9 was passed in the 70's anyone could imagine it would turn into rape tribunals and kangaroo courts.
From a Title IX perspective, who the aggrieved here? Winston? Or his accuser?

Winston, by all accounts, was treated with kid gloves. The campus police, the TBD and FSU all protected him at every step of the way. He had more than due process. His civil rights were in no way violated by any government entity

FSU is the entity that screwed the pooch, from a Title IX perspective.

It was easy to see from the beginning FSU was going to settle this case. From the moment they didn't properly inform the Title IX folks, she had them. It has nothing to do with Jameis Winston or his guilt/innocence. I see people on TV and the Web always commenting on this case and most call Jameis a rapist and very few give him the benefit of the doubt. Everyone just gives Erica a pass like she's this battered truth teller who's fighting for justice. That couldn't be further from truth. Nobody who comments on this case brings up the fact that she has changed her story numerous times, the fact that her rape kit was consistent with sex, not necessarily forced sex, her toxicology reports were clean, or the fact that the second set of DNA found on her was from her self proclaimed "boyfriend" whom she refused to identify. The SA tracked him down and he refused to cooperate with the investigation. That's a hell of a boyfriend right?? Why is none of this mentioned?? Because it doesn't paint her as a victim, more like a liar who can't tell the same story twice.

It was easy to see from the beginning FSU was going to settle this case. From the moment they didn't properly inform the Title IX folks, she had them. It has nothing to do with Jameis Winston or his guilt/innocence. I see people on TV and the Web always commenting on this case and most call Jameis a rapist and very few give him the benefit of the doubt. Everyone just gives Erica a pass like she's this battered truth teller who's fighting for justice. That couldn't be further from truth. Nobody who comments on this case brings up the fact that she has changed her story numerous times, the fact that her rape kit was consistent with sex, not necessarily forced sex, her toxicology reports were clean, or the fact that the second set of DNA found on her was from her self proclaimed "boyfriend" whom she refused to identify. The SA tracked him down and he refused to cooperate with the investigation. That's a hell of a boyfriend right?? Why is none of this mentioned?? Because it doesn't paint her as a victim, more like a liar who can't tell the same story twice.
Actually, now that you mention it, I think the noles were right the first time. Maybe OJ can join forces with the nolies and find the 5'6 person that is the real culprit here....FSU settled because they did not handle correctly, which probably helped JW tremendously.

Actually, now that you mention it, I think the noles were right the first time. Maybe OJ can join forces with the nolies and find the 5'6 person that is the real culprit here....FSU settled because they did not handle correctly, which probably helped JW tremendously.

How does someone not informing the Title IX staff helps when you have a accuser that is not credible?? If you really care to look at this case you would see that's why Winston is in the Pro Bowl and not in a jail cell.

Huh ?!? if she really felt rapped she would have never excepted the settlement. Besides the school is sort of admitting that the title 9 part of the investigation was not done 100% by the book but that doesn't mean the school believes he rapped her

You don't even know what the settlement and this thread is about. LOL.

How does someone not informing the Title IX staff helps when you have a accuser that is not credible?? If you really care to look at this case you would see that's why Winston is in the Pro Bowl and not in a jail cell.
Hey, I just said I'm on your side. After listening to you I am confident JW was at church during the incident.....he's never been caught doing anything else dishonest, so why would we think anything wrong here.....guy is spotless. Now, are you going to help the rest of us look for the real crook here or not?

Reactions: GatorGray

You have to be putting us on....let's get this straight.

First, you are actually telling us that f$u should not have investigated because you don't think the accuser was credible enough, and second you are saying that jamie being an alternate to the pro bowl is proof of his innocence....wow.

First, you are actually telling us that f$u should not have investigated because you don't think the accuser was credible enough, and second you are saying that jamie being an alternate to the pro bowl is proof of his innocence....wow.

Personally I believe law enforcement should be the ones investigating rapes and other major crimes. Not the English Department head or the Student body president.

Actually I didn't say any of that

Hey, I just said I'm on your side. After listening to you I am confident JW was at church during the incident.....he's never been caught doing anything else dishonest, so why would we think anything wrong here.....guy is spotless. Now, are you going to help the rest of us look for the real crook here or not?

Smh. Basically you could give two shits if the accuser is credible right?? Lock him up and throw away the key. Who cares she's lied many time! He stole crabs and did some cussing!

You're a dumb-ass

I really wish all parties would have done their due diligence from the onset...video surveillance, taxi drivers, interviews, etc. It would have nipped this thing in the bud QUICKLY.

Either A. EK would have been proven a nut job (my assumption) liar

or

B. Jameis was guilty as accused, kicked off the team, and FSU came out looking like they did their job.

Instead we have

C. A train-wreck.

C. A train-wreck.

Various heads should have rolled over there for years. fsu has frequently gone with the cover up option rather than face things head on. As such, it is just a matter of time before there will be another train wreck to keep us all entertained - the gift that keeps on giving. It could be a reality show that would make the Kardashians passe.

Girl was a slut who chased after athletes by her own admission on social media. So let me get this straight....after Winston rapped her she let him drive her back to campus on his scooter.....yeah OK

I'll give you a time and a place to meet you pathetic excuse for a man.

I really wish all parties would have done their due diligence from the onset...video surveillance, taxi drivers, interviews, etc. It would have nipped this thing in the bud QUICKLY.

Either A. EK would have been proven a nut job (my assumption) liar

or

B. Jameis was guilty as accused, kicked off the team, and FSU came out looking like they did their job.

Instead we have

C. A train-wreck.

I think the cops deemed her not credible very early on, maybe even that same night. Remember first she was stuck in the head and knocked out. Once she was examined at the hospital and there was no trauma to her heard they probably knew she wasn't being 100% truthful. Also remember first it was an unidentified "white male" that gave her a shot with something in it?? Well these days Erica is saying Jameis Winston himself gave her the shot that supposedly drugged her. This girl is all over the place and she doesn't care because people hate Jameis and she knows she won't be called out by the media. It is absolutely ridiculous

It was easy to see from the beginning FSU was going to settle this case. From the moment they didn't properly inform the Title IX folks, she had them.

So, you finally change your tune.

FSU screwed the pooch. You finally admit that.

But then, so did the Campus police. So did the TPD. Meggs leveled that accusation.

Any further embarrassment to FSU for the ongoing Federal Investigation will be fun to watch. There will probably be some fines there too. Your boosters are going to have to come up with several more million dollars to bail them out.

Personally I believe law enforcement should be the ones investigating rapes and other major crimes. Not the English Department head or the Student body president.
I do not think that is what happened here.

Again, I will ask the question; did JW suffer from any civil rights violations? Was he ever deined rights to access to due process?. Did anyone other than the Campus Police or the TPD conduct a criminal investigation?

Of course not.

By contrast with other sexual cases in other universities, in THIS case, the system bent over backward to protect the accused.

It is so cute that you attempt to imply otherwise.

You realize that does not matter? When the accusation was made, a Title IX investigation was necessary.

I know. But I was talking to the other guy telling him that it did not benefit Jameis legally. Look, we all know the athletic dept didn't relay this info to the Title IX folks in a timely fashion. They admitted that. Still doesn't change the fact that Jameis was falsely accused. Jameis wasn't charged because the accuser is not credible. All people have to do is read her many statements. They are all online.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
Various heads should have rolled over there for years. fsu has frequently gone with the cover up option rather than face things head on. As such, it is just a matter of time before there will be another train wreck to keep us all entertained - the gift that keeps on giving. It could be a reality show that would make the Kardashians passe.
As witnessed by FSU's failed attempt to portray the disbursement of the settlement.

FSU is an institution that reveals its incompetnece often

I know. But I was talking to the other guy telling him that it did not benefit Jameis legally. Look, we all know the athletic dept didn't relay this info to the Title IX folks in a timely fashion. They admitted that. Still doesn't change the fact that Jameis was falsely accused. Jameis wasn't charged because the accuser is not credible. All people have to do is read her many statements. They are all online.

You realize that was never the outcome of any investigation? Meggs never said there was no rape. The Code of Conduct hearing said both parties were not believable. There was NEVER a conclusion of a false accusation. By anyone save the most sycophantic of FSU fans

Becasue FSU, the Campus Polcie and the TPD all abdicated their responsibility, we will never know the truth of the accusation.

So, you finally change your tune.

FSU screwed the pooch. You finally admit that.

But then, so did the Campus police. So did the TPD. Meggs leveled that accusation.

Finally admit what?? I said from the beginning FSU would settle. Once it was known they didn't immediately contact the Title IX staff it was a done deal.

TPD dude is beyond incompetent. I'm from Tallahassee and it's been that way forever. Please Google Rachel Hoffman and you will see just how incompetent they are. Still doesn't make Jameis accuser credible though.

You realize that was never the outcome of any investigation? Meggs never said there was no rape. The Code of Conduct hearing said both parties were not believable. There was NEVER a conclusion of a false accusation. By anyone save the most sycophantic of FSU fans

Becasue FSU, the Campus Polcie and the TPD all abdicated their responsibility, we will never know the truth of the accusation.

I keep telling you dude but you refuse to listen. Jameis Winston accuser is not credible. She has told multiple versions of the events of that night including different people giving her a shot that drugged her even though she wasn't drugged. This was not an elaborate cover up. This is a case with a accuser that is not credible. Since you want to quote Meggs, he pretty much admitted that.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
They don't care that her multiple stories don't shake out. They think somehow the school, city and state all were the ones who changed her story 3-4 times.

Reactions: danoleman
They don't care that her multiple stories don't shake out. They think somehow the school, city and state all were the ones who changed her story 3-4 times.
They don't care and they don't want to know. It would interfere with the what we see going on here for example.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT