ADVERTISEMENT

No one signing up for Obamacare

Hoppo

Bull Gator
Jul 19, 2001
#teamapplebees
Not going to bother posting the myriad of news items. Conservatives have already read them, liberals will deny their voracity.

Still, it begs the question -- if this legislation were really so urgent and necessary, should there not have been a great deal of pent up demand for the exchanges? I mean, we've been waiting for nearly four (4) years for this to finally come to fruition. Per Obama's stump speeches, I would have expected more uptake.

Much like most "American Crises" that the media likes to trump up. there is not as much of a problem with the way we were doing healthcare as they make it out to be. The problems we did have were not addressed with Obamacare rather exasperated. high cost being one of the biggest issues.

obamacare was not intended to fix anything, rather it's primary intention was in fact exasperation. that and control and collapse.

See? Most patriotic Americans always understood what obamacare was all about. Its easy to spot the people that thought it was a great idea.

I’ve been on Obamacare from the beginning. Kept all my same doctors. It works great for me.

Then me and others must be paying for it, because my insurance went up over 500 dollars a month and it's still climbing yearly. :mad:

If you don’t buy on the Exchange, then it shouldn’t matter. That’s on your insurance company.

And I don’t receive a subsidy, so you aren’t paying for shit for me.

If you don’t buy on the Exchange, then it shouldn’t matter. That’s on your insurance company.

And I don’t receive a subsidy, so you aren’t paying for shit for me.

What I know for sure is that Obama-care doubled my monthly insurance rates.
Maybe it just went into the Obama/Hillbillery slush fund bank, so you and yours still got the benefits at my expense....o_O

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
What I know for sure is that Obama-care doubled my monthly insurance rates.
Maybe it just went into the Obama/Hillbillery slush fund bank, so you and yours still got the benefits at my expense....o_O
So why are they still going up under Trump?

Is Obamacare completely gone?
Have the after-effects of that Dim-Moe-Rat slush fund all been cleared up yet?
Try again... :cool:

instant does @BSC911 Realize Lamumba and the RATS stole over 800 million from Medicare to fund Mugabacare his GUBmint subsidized healthcare? The healthcare forced on the American people that most can’t even use because the massive cost of the deductibles?

Medicare trustees tell me Medicare will be broke in less than 10 years.. I hope @BSC911 enjoys mugabecare

Thanks Lamumba

instant does @BSC911 Realize Lamumba and the RATS stole over 800 million from Medicare to fund Mugabacare his GUBmint subsidized healthcare? The healthcare forced on the American people that most can’t even use because the massive cost of the deductibles?

Medicare trustees tell me Medicare will be broke in less than 10 years.. I hope @BSC911 enjoys mugabecare

Thanks Lamumba
Are you talking about Part A of Medicare. The Trust Fund operated at a small surplus in 2016, the last year of Obama. The reason it may “go broke” is purely from demographics, as per below.

Like the Old-Age and Survivors Insurance and Disability Insurance trust funds, the HI trust fund faces long-term deficits (figure 1). (The SMI fund, primarily financed by general revenue, does not face these trust fund imbalances, though it still adds growing pressure to the overall budget.) As the number of Medicare beneficiaries increases from about 58.4 million in 2017 to nearly 80 million by 2030, the number of workers per beneficiary will decline from 3.1 to 2.4. The cost of health care has increased rapidly as well—though this dynamic has slowed but not stopped during and following the Great Recession—putting further pressure on program costs. HI trust expenditures exceeded taxes for several years up to 2016, and though these outflows and inflows will roughly stabilize for a few years, the fund is projected to be exhausted by 2027. These pressures now and in the future will force lawmakers to find ways to finance promised benefits or cut services or provider payment rates.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT