ADVERTISEMENT

No more GATOR BAIT CHANT!

I never saw or heard of anything racist connected to fans use of that chant.
This crock of liberal PC BS needs to end. :mad:

Maybe it will, when they are playing the games with a near empty stadium.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...lorida-discontinue-gator-bait-chant-athletics

No more 1st Amendment I guess. How the fvck is it racist? It has to do with coming to our stadium THE SWAMP with Gators in it? I’ll go to one game and I’ll do the chant until they throw me out while my attorney films the whole thing...

Seminoles?

This infuriates me and I’m a Nole. I know the Seminole name is living on borrowed time, even though the Seminole Tribe is in full support of the use. The Gator Bait chant is a huge part of cfb and I hate to see it go. The left won’t be satisfied until everyone’s nickname is the Eagles

I don't care if the university circles around and freshens things up from time to time - go for it.

Here's the problem: it's mob rule. If anyone comes along and simply dreams up an offense, we have to all acknowledge it as if it matters and look to make drastic changes. And if you don't - you are screwed...normal every day people are getting fired from their jobs over this ish. I'm not talking about people that are public figures in any way. Even if you do comply, you will simply get a shake down on you and have to pay out tons of money and then beg for forgiveness for doing nothing wrong.

This is insane.

The country has gone insane!! And college campuses are the worst. Oversensitive, snowflake, feelings-only babies. And the powers that be everywhere are letting a tiny vocal minority drive this woke, PC agenda down the throats of everyone else and we are all sitting back letting it happen.

The process is wrong.

If there's an actual concern based in history or reality, then discuss it and make a decision - move on.

That's not what is happening here: make up a perceived offense, for any reason - everyone else has to acknowledge it and agree or be run over. That's mob rule.

Reactions: rdgtr
I’m honestly blown away by this guy’s arrogance.

I could almost understand if the students were actually demanding it, but this came out of nowhere. And he even admits in his letter that there is no evidence of a racist origin, yet still bans it? I know he’s the president, but I honestly don’t think it is his place to dictate something this without there being a clear mandate from the community. He doesn’t have that kind of moral authority.

This is the epitome of sanctimonious virtue signaling. And the fact that no one was even asking for it makes it bizarrely presumptuous.

Fuch this guy.

Why not let the minority student body vote on it?
That's not how things operate on the libtard plantation. They are told how to not only feel but vote. It keeps that vile party in control of the narrative........and the MSM is complicit. I would feel that demeaning AF.

Edmund Burke said, "The only thing necessary for the triumph pf evil is for good men to do nothing.". That is where we are now. The Republicans and most decent Americans are allowing evil to steamroll us over and if they win we deserve everything that happens to this country.

Reactions: nail1988
Edmund Burke said, "The only thing necessary for the triumph pf evil is for good men to do nothing.". That is where we are now. The Republicans and most decent Americans are allowing evil to steamroll us over and if they win we deserve everything that happens to this country.

You actually think that a movement to de-emphasize the glorification of a racist past is evil? A movement spurred by yet another unjust killing by someone who is supposed to protect and serve? Literally, a group of people, standing up for themselves and their rights, that's evil to you?

Wow. Just, wow.

Reactions: rednblack4life
You actually think that a movement to de-emphasize the glorification of a racist past is evil? A movement spurred by yet another unjust killing by someone who is supposed to protect and serve? Literally, a group of people, standing up for themselves and their rights, that's evil to you?

Wow. Just, wow.
That's not what this is about, and you know it. You believe that the intent of the current Gator Bait cheer is racist and somehow glorifying a racist past? It's just a cheer, so whatever. But how long before its decided something you care about, that is more important than a cheer, is deemed reprehensible?

Wow. Just, wow.

Quite literally - nobody believes what you are assigning to other people. There's quite literally nobody out there that is looking to glorify racism. There might be like 5 dudes out of the 330,000,000 Americans but you get the point.

Way to go - overstating your opponent by creating a straw man - strong opening move!

Reactions: NavigatorII
Quite literally - nobody believes what you are assigning to other people. There's quite literally nobody out there that is looking to glorify racism. There might be like 5 dudes out of the 330,000,000 Americans but you get the point.

Way to go - overstating your opponent by creating a straw man - strong opening move!

So...good men do nothing while evil goes unchecked. That's what he said. He was referring to the unrest in the country. So I explained the unrest, which he has ALREADY CALLED EVIL, and you say I'm overstating and creating a straw man?

No, I am stating it EXACTLY, and you evidently need to look up the definition of "straw man".

Reactions: rednblack4life
That's not what this is about, and you know it. You believe that the intent of the current Gator Bait cheer is racist and somehow glorifying a racist past? It's just a cheer, so whatever. But how long before its decided something you care about, that is more important than a cheer, is deemed reprehensible?

His post, and my post, had nothing to do with the cheer.

I stated my case concerning the cheer elsewhere.

They had to dig DEEP to find an obscure connotation between the cheer and racism. In fact, all they found was some comic looking drawing. There are no actual documented incidences of this actually happening. This move is beyond ridiculous. If anyone can't see the slippery slope on this, they are either being intentionally obtuse or are operating only on a brain stem.

I’m honestly blown away by this guy’s arrogance.

I could almost understand if the students were actually demanding it, but this came out of nowhere. And he even admits in his letter that there is no evidence of a racist origin, yet still bans it? I know he’s the president, but I honestly don’t think it is his place to dictate something this without there being a clear mandate from the community. He doesn’t have that kind of moral authority.

This is the epitome of sanctimonious virtue signaling. And the fact that no one was even asking for it makes it bizarrely presumptuous.

Fuch this guy.

UF needs a new president!
Dumb call on Fuch's part.

This call to ban a chant that is ONLY related to the school mascot
only antagonizes the fan base and causes division not unity.
The "Gator Bait" chant was one of many traditions that united a fan base
and is only done in fun to opposing fans/teams - there is no malice in its intent.

So...good men do nothing while evil goes unchecked. That's what he said. He was referring to the unrest in the country. So I explained the unrest, which he has ALREADY CALLED EVIL, and you say I'm overstating and creating a straw man?

No, I am stating it EXACTLY, and you evidently need to look up the definition of "straw man".

Sure thing Boomer.

I do love it when people inject statements into others' quotes, misquote on purpose, don't ask what someone else is thinking - and then assign that person to the other team.

It's pretty lazy and you should be better than that. Do better in the future.

You're welcome.

Reactions: GatorNation79
I don't care if the university circles around and freshens things up from time to time - go for it.

Here's the problem: it's mob rule. If anyone comes along and simply dreams up an offense, we have to all acknowledge it as if it matters and look to make drastic changes. And if you don't - you are screwed...normal every day people are getting fired from their jobs over this ish. I'm not talking about people that are public figures in any way. Even if you do comply, you will simply get a shake down on you and have to pay out tons of money and then beg for forgiveness for doing nothing wrong.

This is insane.
Dumbest shit I've heard. Do it anyways, screw that crap. We're the Gators. This is our culture.

It is nice to see that UF is doing its part to promote racial equality and end systemic racism.

Lawrence Wight isn't going to take this sitting down.

what an insane, out of nowhere decision.

“The Gator Nation is a culture, too,” said Wright, who is Black. “It’s not about what happened way back in the past. How about our culture?

“Me and the president need to sit down and talk about this.”

Wright did receive a call from a University Athletic Association official to inform him of the decision.

“I’m not going for it,” said Wright, who won the Jim Thorpe Award for the nation’s best defensive back in 1996. “I created something for us. It’s a college football thing. It’s not a racist thing, It’s about us, the Gator Nation. And I’m Black.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...nt-acknowledging-isnt-racist-appease-blm-mob/

“The Gator Nation is a culture, too,” said Wright, who is Black. “It’s not about what happened way back in the past. How about our culture?

Wright did receive a call from a University Athletic Association official to inform him of the decision.

“I’m not going for it,” said Wright, who won the Jim Thorpe Award for the nation’s best defensive back in 1996. “I created something for us. It’s a college football thing. It’s not a racist thing, It’s about us, the Gator Nation. And I’m Black.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...nt-acknowledging-isnt-racist-appease-blm-mob/

It's his white privilege - obviously, it's the only explanation.

Wtf are you talking about? You sound like a retard and you're redirecting the topic to grind an axe you have. You can't even see it. You're backing something that has no virility and destroying our great history. This whole thing is dumb AF

Reactions: gatordad3

100....this is BS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT