ADVERTISEMENT

NM

rsFr Max Brown 6-2 200 --- 71.1% 41 TD's, 4 Ints + 7.8 ypc, 20 TD's, 0 LPF's.
His Jr season he threw for 72.7%, so consistent accuracy, QBR 142.6

Fr Jaden Rashada 6-3 180 - 62.4%, 32 TD's, 13 Ints + 6.2 ypc, 7 TD's, 1 LPF.
The 62.4% was his best season completion % in his HS career, QBR 107.3
While the totally un-biased and not camp money motivated recruit ranking services,
🙄 rate Brown as a 3-star, while Rashada is a 5-star. (blind-stupid-biased?)

The iG is calling BS on their HS star ratings....
🤓

Were I BN, I would spend the Spring almost exclusively on seeing which Fr QB is the best for starting the 2023 season, and stop wasting time on mediocre xfer-in QB's. In the iG's OHO, both Miller and Mertz (the M&M boyz) are non-starter xfers for emergency depth ONLY.... (here's to hoping that BN doesn't repeat McLame's constant xfer-in QB mistakes)

Well Jack Anders is gone so he won't be in a dogfight with any freshman again. 5th year QB Kyle Engel may not want to give up that #2 spot so easily though.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
rsFr Max Brown 6-2 200 --- 71.1% 41 TD's, 4 Ints + 7.8 ypc, 20 TD's, 0 LPF's.
His Jr season he threw for 72.7%, so consistent accuracy, QBR 142.6

Fr Jaden Rashada 6-3 180 - 62.4%, 32 TD's, 13 Ints + 6.2 ypc, 7 TD's, 1 LPF.
The 62.4% was his best season completion % in his HS career, QBR 107.3
While the totally un-biased and not camp money motivated recruit ranking services,
🙄 rate Brown as a 3-star, while Rashada is a 5-star. (blind-stupid-biased?)

The iG is calling BS on their HS star ratings....
🤓

Were I BN, I would spend the Spring almost exclusively on seeing which Fr QB is the best for starting the 2023 season, and stop wasting time on mediocre xfer-in QB's. In the iG's OHO, both Miller and Mertz (the M&M boyz) are non-starter xfers for emergency depth ONLY.... (here's to hoping that BN doesn't repeat McLame's constant xfer-in QB mistakes)
Your last paragraph is spot on.

sadgator won’t speculate on playing time or ability, but after being stuck in Wisconsin for four years, that Mertz kid is gonna love hanging out at the Heavener Center lounge pool…

We are probably in big trouble if Miller is in front of him after spring practice.

We are in big trouble if either of the M&M boyz are ahead of either/both rsFr Brown, or Fr Rashada...

It will be interesting to see how this plays out though I think Miller may take off if he isn't the starter after the spring. Not sure how Napier will approach game one @ Utah as we know certain coaches like our previous one would never start freshmen with no playing time under their belt even if they did look like the better option in practice. Hopefully he will at least be willing to make a change early in the season if things aren't working out well.

Fever, imo both of the M&M boyz are at best, 'Game Managers' not top quality SEC QB's.

Florida fooball has a long history of playing true Fr QB's, I won't bother to list them again.

If Billy and/or a new QB's coach can't get either rsFr Brown (already a year in BN's system) or Fr Rashada (an early enrollee) up to speed by next Sept, then that's the major coaching problem for 2023...

Fever, imo both of the M&M boyz are at best, 'Game Managers' not top quality SEC QB's.

Florida fooball has a long history of playing true Fr QB's, I won't bother to list them again.

If Billy and/or a new QB's coach can't get either rsFr Brown (already a year in BN's system) or Fr Rashada (an early enrollee) up to speed by next Sept, then that's the major coaching problem for 2023...

Even the rare true freshman that do start in the SEC don't usually do it at the beginning of the season though. Of course there are some exceptions but that is how it usually goes.

Even the rare true freshman that do start in the SEC don't usually do it at the beginning of the season though. Of course there are some exceptions but that is how it usually goes.
Try telling that to all of the dweebs that are calling for tFr Rashada to start/play, while they claimed that Brown wasn't ready, and still isn't ready. If rsFr Brown's not ready to play by Sept, then that's on the coaching Imo.... 🤓

I found a QB for you guys!!!

A 29-year-old has hit the portal. Yes, Austin Aune of North Texas entered the NCAA’s transfer portal on Thursday according to On3 Sports. Aune is 29 years old and was a Class of 2012 recruit!

On3 Sports tweeted the news on Thursday. “North Texas QB Austin Aune has entered the NCAA transfer portal, per Matt Zenitz”

Aune has lived a fascinating life since he originally committed to TCU in 2011. He was selected in the 2012 MLB First-Year Player Draft by the New York Yankees. Aune was with the organization for several years before he suited up for Arkansas in 2018. But things didn’t work out there, so he transferred to North Texas.

Don't laugh - the Noles had a helluva run last time we had a starting QB who was older than most of the coaches!

I found a QB for you guys!!!

A 29-year-old has hit the portal. Yes, Austin Aune of North Texas entered the NCAA’s transfer portal on Thursday according to On3 Sports. Aune is 29 years old and was a Class of 2012 recruit!

On3 Sports tweeted the news on Thursday. “North Texas QB Austin Aune has entered the NCAA transfer portal, per Matt Zenitz”

Don't laugh - the Noles had a helluva run last time we had a starting QB who was older than most of the coaches!
Then again, having a championship defense such as FSU's during Wienke's years as a starter didn't hurt in the least.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Comes to mind....
Spurrier's Johnson
(Doug) is bigger than Bowdown's Wienke (Chris)..... 😁

Mertz is pretty dope. That wisky coach was allergic, allergic, to passing. Mertz can play. He’s got like 40 games started in the Big 10 at a program that’s been a lot better than us.

Honestly it does not matter

2023 is a lost year, 4-5 wins, as long as no one else leaves

Might as well start the freshman

Yep this is nuts if you aren't going to seriously compete for good players in the portal. Mertz or a freshman is going to get killed out there most likely. It almost as if Napier wants year 2 to be looked at like another year 1 now. Now people think Marshall may be thinking about hitting the portal also.

• Wow
I used to work with a girl who graduated from wisky. She was hot and a beer drinking party girls and had a bunch of pics of here sorority sisters, who also appeared to be hot beer drinking party girls. Think wisky is being undersold here.

Mertz is pretty dope. That wisky coach was allergic, allergic, to passing. Mertz can play. He’s got like 40 games started in the Big 10 at a program that’s been a lot better than us.
WTF??? LMFAO 🤣 at that claim.... (dopey maybe) 😉

2022 4th Season Wis starter stats:

P- 164 of 286, 57.3% for 2,136 yds, 7.0 Yd/Comp, 38 TD's, 26 Ints, 49 Sacks, QBR 127.7

R - 50 for -40 Yds, -0.8 YPC, 2 TD's

Hell, I'd start and play Gator W-O QB Engel before I'd play Mertz...
Hard to believe, but he might be even worse than Miller is.
🤓

P- 164 of 286, 57.3% for 2,136 yds, 7.0 Yd/Comp, 38 TD's, 26 Ints, 49 Sacks, QBR 127.7

🤓

Maybe we should have paid Jack Anders to not leave with what we have on the roster now.

• Haha
Maybe we should have paid Jack Anders to not leave with what we have on the roster now.
BN swapped another WO for Anders on Christman Eve...

Fevered, did you miss out on BN's PWO from IMG?

Leise is a pro-style quarterback who likes to stay in the pocket, which is different from most of the quarterbacks Napier likes to bring in (I guess the writer missed out on QB-PP Miller & Mertz).
Leise held offers from Butler, Kansas, Miami (Ohio) and Toledo among others but chose to take the PWO path and stay in Florida. IMG Academy, of course, is in Bradenton, but Leise hails from Prairie Village, Kansas, so beating out the Jayhawks is significant. (beating out Kan. for the #142 QBpp is now significant recruiting???)
😂

#142 QB-pp Parker Leise 6-2 215 *** .8178 - Prairie Village, Kan./ IMG
9 Gms -
P 73 of 157, 46.5% for 1,161 ytds, 15.9 Yd/Comp, 18 TD's, 6 Ints, QBR 93.9
R - 62 for 380 yds, 6.1 ypc, 3 TD's, 2 LPF's

The iG's Spring QB roster depth chart, IF I had any say in it,,,
which I surely don't and won't ever...

QB-dt Max Brown 6-2 200 rsFr
QB-dt Jaden Rashada tFr 6-3 180 Fr
QB-dt Kyle Engel 6-1 190 rsJr - PWO
-----
QB-pp Jack Miller III 6-3 211 rsSo - xfer that's had his go.
QB-pp Graham Mertz 6-3 205 Sr - 5th year Co-V xfer.
QB-pp Parker Leise 6-2 215 Fr - PWO scout team.

So take those 6 and show me the depth chart you'd like to see come Spring practice...

End of spring I think it will be Mertz over Miller. PWO Engel will be fighting the freshman to be next in line.

I think Miller probably takes off after spring and the freshman pull ahead of PWO Engel in camp before the season starts.

• Wow
End of spring I think it will be Mertz over Miller. PWO Engel will be fighting the freshman to be next in line.

I think Miller probably takes off after spring and the freshman pull ahead of PWO Engel in camp before the season starts.
😧
Fevered, if that happens, I might have to make a dummy 🤡 out of my Gator football gear, and then burn it in effigy...

• Wow

🤓
Mertz does have 32 starts with starts against some big time comp. But the guy is a statue with no ability to run. No way he fits with this offense. Wisky has been a power running team during his 3 years as the starter so his passing yards aren't very high as they seldom throw the ball middle/deep. They actually don't throw it much at all about 23 times per game. I do not believe he's the answer and think it will be a battle between Brown and Rashada. It's nice to have his kind of experience in the QB room and he will be an outstanding backup should there be some injuries.

Mertz does have 32 starts with starts against some big time comp. But the guy is a statue with no ability to run. No way he fits with this offense. Wisky has been a power running team during his 3 years as the starter so his passing yards aren't very high as they seldom throw the ball middle/deep. They actually don't throw it much at all about 23 times per game. I do not believe he's the answer and think it will be a battle between Brown and Rashada. It's nice to have his kind of experience in the QB room and he will be an outstanding backup should there be some injuries.
I don't know man. From I've seen of Mertz, he has Richardson's inconsistency without the ability to run like AR. I'm honestly hoping that Rashada, Miller or Brown takes the job in the spring.

I don't know man. From I've seen of Mertz, he has Richardson's inconsistency without the ability to run like AR. I'm honestly hoping that Rashada, Miller or Brown takes the job in the spring.

He wasn't being helped by the O line which looks like it could be the case here in 2023. In the games they weren't overwhelmed he didn't seem too bad with the shorter and mid range stuff He is probably doomed here just like the freshman will be this first year. Mertz probably gets the starting role and then is yanked mid-season. I would hope he throws a freshman in there right away if the battle for the starting job is close. They would probably had to have won the job for the spring game to start game one at Utah though.

Last edited:
Reactions: PacoGator19
Mertz looks fairly consistent to me. He is/was not a good QB, HS or at Wis.
Is his daddy the Gov or a Senator? The Godfather of the Wis. Mafia???

HS 2016-17 - 9 Games -- Max Preps Stats
P - 14 of 25, 56.0% for 135 yds, 9.6 Yd/Rec 2 TD's, 0 Int, QBR 97.9
R - 8 for -7 yds, -0.8 ypc, 0 TD's

(Wis -- 57.3% and -0.8 YPC)

Hey Nappy, you got some splain-in ta-dooo.....
🤓

Mertz looks fairly consistent to me. He is/was not a good QB, HS or at Wis.
Is his daddy the Gov or a Senator? The Godfather of the Wis. Mafia???

HS 2016-17 - 9 Games -- Max Preps Stats
P - 14 of 25, 56.0% for 135 yds, 9.6 Yd/Rec 2 TD's, 0 Int, QBR 97.9
R - 8 for -7 yds, -0.8 ypc, 0 TD's

(Wis -- 57.3% and -0.8 YPC)

Hey Nappy, you got some splain-in ta-dooo.....
🤓

Are you selectively picking high school stats? Wiki says he threw for over 3800 yards and 51 TDs with a 61% completion rate as a high school senior.

Are you selectively picking high school stats? Wiki says he threw for over 3800 yards and 51 TDs with a 61% completion rate as a high school senior.
I did a search -- Graham Mertz Max Preps Stats -- and this is what I got.

PS -- But Tittie-T is just as FoS as I've come to expect from the dweeb....
🤣

I did a search -- Graham Mertz Max Preps Stats -- and this is what I got.

PS -- But Tittie-T is just as FoS as I've come to expect from the dweeb....
🤣

I am not going to hold a 10th grade year against a high school kid though. You just don't know with these players that are in states not known for producing many top college players. I guess we will see what Napier can do with him as its not like he hasn't seen all the defenses already with that many starts. I am bored today so I am going to see if I can find the film on those games Mertz didn't do hardly anything this season and see how much of the blame looks to be the O line and how much looks like he can't handle pressure well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT