ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Question for Heisman, Halley etc

Moosepoo80

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
Orlando, FL
First off thank you all for what you do. I know I'm missing other major contributors to our beloved Gators so thank you all as well.

I was listening to the Shane Mathews podcast yesterday and he had JC Sherbert on. JC was talking about how he was at a Political event the night before with Major $$$ Gator boosters. He asked a group of them he knows about donating to the NIL and he said ALL of them said they just write a check to the University of Florida and whatever they do with it is up to them. He was shocked by their answer.

My question is, Is our messaging about the NIL and how it works and that its not associated with University funds or donations getting out there? According to JC these were high level boosters who sound like they might not know the difference. I'm a member of Florida Victorious and donate what I can, but I am also confused between BD Inc and Florida Victorious sometimes.

Should we simplify the process, is it worth spending some NIL funds on a marketing firm that will send email blasts, or advertise during games, or billboards in major cities Ala John Morgan style etc....because it seems by the lack of contributions vs how many alumni we have, something is off. And I think it might be the messaging.

I'm sure yall have full time jobs as do I, so maybe spending some donations to spread the word or simplifying a fund called NIL ONLY might help increase Gator Nations awareness so other boosters don't think their checks to the Univeristy is getting split up to pay players etc.

Sorry for the rant, but I want to see our NIL fund explode, I'm afraid people don't know where to donate

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News