ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Coach with pretty harsh criticism of the offense.....

SGUN

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Oct 31, 2001
Nashville, TN
I've been going back and forth whether to even post this or not. I've thought "no" because I feel it might make the apologists freak out and label me as a hater, which I am not (currently). I also didn't want to give the haters more ammo. I think it's way too early to make any final decisions.

I just decided to post it because I doubt many will come across the video and I think it's pretty interesting. Jay Gruden may not be coaching in the NFL currently but he knows offense. I'm a Skins fan so I'm very familiar with Gruden. He's not head coaching material from a leadership standpoint but he DEFINITELY understands concepts. He's very smart and is an excellent talent evaluator. I'm sure the first thing everyone will say is that he's washed up, out of the league, etc.... The guy understands football. He's arguably had more success than any coach under Snyder, which is saying something.

Ok, all of that aside..... When getting to Pearsall I was somewhat surprised how Gruden described Florida's offense. He was unflattering to say the least. He was very complimentary of Pearsall but hates the offense. In these player breakdowns he rarely says anything negative about a team, player, program, etc... Several times he voiced how unimpressive the offensive concepts are. It doesn't completely change my thoughts to one direction but I thought it was interesting to understand how one offensive coach with many years of NFL experience views things currently.

Jay Gruden on Pearsall

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News