ADVERTISEMENT

Never thought I'd say this but...

brownlec

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2005
Kansas City, Kansas
....I'm really digging this purge of the current roster. I'm more of a realist (it's evident that some of our fans consider the truth to be negative 🤷🏽‍♂️), and even in his first year I've placed Napier under a microscope. His lack of emotion and fire on the sidelines on game days screws with my anxiety, and I also hate that he won't hire an OC to manage and call the plays. But....I do know an intelligent man when I see one, and I believe that Napier fits the bill. There hasn't been anything that I have witnessed this past fall season on the field that makes me question these particular players that are entering the portal. I can only imagine that Billy laid out his vision to the Lagways and the Grahams ( 2 very important key pieces to our future) to clean house and to incorporate the culture that he wants to put in place....and hopefully it's a winning one! Will we be competitive and make the playoffs next year?.....absolutely NOT. Will the purge and future implementation of "better" athletes prepare us for a playoff run in 2025?.....I positively believe that it will. This gives us hope for the future. Now, it does frustrate me that missing out on key interior lineman, linebackers, tight ends, and Money this recruiting cycle may foil/alter Billy's plans in minor fashion. We cannot, and I stress CANNOT continue to miss out on bringing in ELITE recruits if we are even going to consider to be placed in a 12 team playoff system. It is going to get tougher also with Texas and Oklahoma joining the conference soon. I'm sure that Billy embraces this challenge, I truly hope that he makes me live down my words of believing that he is an intelligent man. Anyways, just my opinion on this lovely, cold Christmas eve. Hope you all enjoy time away from the office and time with your loved ones. Go gators 🐊🐊🍻

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News