ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Baseball Tourney

Miami is the only host team that won the first game of their Super Regional. They lost game 2. Texas A & M & Texas Tech bounced back to win their game 2, Miss. St. lost 2 straight. SEC has their backs against the wall today, with UF, LSU, South Carolina & TAM all facing elimination. UF's loss to FSU 3-0 was reminiscent of our softball loss to GA in Game 1 by the same score. Couldn't hit. Hopefully we'll turn it around in Game 2.

In a weather delay:
CkyEXx8VEAAHFm7.jpg

Down to 3 SEC teams left, all with 1 loss. As a conference, we've done very poorly this NCAA tourney cycle, especially considering teams are losing on their home fields. Vandy, you can understand, Ole Miss, Miss St. and South Carolina choked out. Let's hope UF, LSU and TAM can win, with UF & LSU needing to win 2.

Down to 3 SEC teams left, all with 1 loss. As a conference, we've done very poorly this NCAA tourney cycle, especially considering teams are losing on their home fields. Vandy, you can understand, Ole Miss, Miss St. and South Carolina choked out. Let's hope UF, LSU and TAM can win, with UF & LSU needing to win 2.
The home teams have all had problems

Of the 8 home teams, only one won the first game. That was Miami. And they dropped the second. So there seems to be an odd trend this year. And MSU, USCe and Louisville have all gone two and a Q.

Coastal Carolina scores in the bottom of the 9th and wins 4-3. We're the only SEC team left. Logan Shore is the guttiest Gator pitcher I can remember. Reminds me of Jack Morris, pitched for 4 World Series champ teams, Tigers, Twins & Blue jays twice. Just a bulldog on the mound. Our lack of hitting still concerns me, but Noles haven't faced Puk this year and if he has control he can dominate. Our pitching depth should be the difference.

Coastal Carolina scores in the bottom of the 9th and wins 4-3. We're the only SEC team left. Logan Shore is the guttiest Gator pitcher I can remember. Reminds me of Jack Morris, pitched for 4 World Series champ teams, Tigers, Twins & Blue jays twice. Just a bulldog on the mound. Our lack of hitting still concerns me, but Noles haven't faced Puk this year and if he has control he can dominate. Our pitching depth should be the difference.

Morris is who he reminds me of. He doesn't light up the radar gun, but he is the toughest player on the field. He let FSU know early that they were not going to beat him.

Morris is a good comparison for Shore, I was thinking Greg Maddox. No SEC teams left except us. I must admit I'm really glad LSU lost, can't stand those arrogant a-holes

There are no words for how awful Reed's steal was. First and third, no outs, freshman pitcher struggling, defense struggling, hottest hitter in the country at bat and you try to steal? Then, you give up on the steal 98 percent of the way to 2nd and try to head back to first. It's unimaginable that Sully put that play on, it's so horrible. But if he did, he needs to settle down and let these guys do what they do. (I do think he put that play on. I think it was a hit and run and that's why Reed bailed when Alonso took he pitch). Maybe Reed missed a sign.

AJ getting squeezed. Ump gave that same pitch to Fsu three times in a row to strike out India.

Five walks five strikeouts, guys going from first to third on wild pitch strikeouts... the AJ experience is in full effect. The more tall boys I drink, the more I like it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT