ADVERTISEMENT

My Take: Eastern Washington @ Florida Raw & Unedited

JasonHigdon

Bull Gator
Staff
Nov 5, 2021
First play from scrimmage missed tackle on Amari Burney.

Miguel Mitchell, Jaydon Hill, Kamari Wilson, Tyreal Sapp, Jalen Lee all on the field for the first series as well as Justus Boone – Boone offsides second play of the game.

Jaydon Hill missed tackle result for a first down.

4th and 1 and option look – easy first down around the right side with the unbalanced line on the right side to keep the drive alive for EW.

Easy first down with Jason Marshall in coverage.

Brenton Cox with his second tackle for loss on the opening drive – QB kept the ball and that was a mistake on the zone read loss of 8 nice play.

Amari Burney with a big sack for back to back losses on the naked boot and 3rd and 22

FG for EW – not what you want to see from the D on the opening drive BUT they firmed up when it counted near our RedZone.

Love the naked boot/play fake by AR15 to Shorter for 75-yards and a TD on the first play of the game

EW 7 minute drive to start the game and one play later the D right back on the field after the quick TD by the offense. Good to see Shemar James and Chris McClellan in the game early – 10-yard run for a first down. First down on the rollout to the right – Jaydon Hill on the coverage. EW quickly to the 50 and a run of about 7 or 8 on first down. Miguel Mitchell with a nice top – keep hearing good things about him. He and Kamari will be guys we need to get used to seeing on the field together. Another first down inside the UF 30 and EW moving the ball easily right now these first two drives of the game that time we had outside leverage on the WR and they went to the slant – great read by the QB. EW running for 6+ on first downs not a good sign down to the UF 20 – Miller makes a nice stop no gain and big 3rd and 3 coming up – maybe a gain of 1 or so and 4th and 1 maybe – and Summerall in the game early. Lots and lots of young guys playing and on the 4th down play Jaydon Hill comes up and makes the play and Miller cleans it up. NO gain and UF ball – EW having big time success between the 20s but UF holds again in the RedZone

AR 2nd play from scrimmage RPO and makes a great cut and runs all he way to the EW 37 for a 45-yard gain or so. 8 yard gain for MJ on first down – Clock is moving under 2 minutes already with UF running 4 plays with the last a 28-yard gain to Zipp down to the five yard line and AR threw a dart to Zipp. UF going hurry up and MJ with the rushing TD 14-3 Gators after the 3-yard TD run and 1:13 on the clock.

Aggressive tackle on kickoff by Jacky Pyburn BUT he got a little of the facemask and a 15-yarder. I love how aggressive Jack is though.

Justus Boone is going to be a heck of a player for us in the years to come

I believe I saw Corey Collier on the field right before the end of the 1st QT

START of the 2nd QT:

3rd and 6 and Amari Burney on the stop bringing up 4th down and punt time-good to see the D get them off the field quickly this drive.

UF ball at the 11-yard line – N. Wright in the game run for about one yard or so. Wheel route and AR missed that one throwing off he back foot but it was open for sure and 3rd and 8 – throws high but Zipp just went up and made a nice grab bc it was covered pretty good. NICE play by AR with a guy on his ankle and still makes a nice pass to Henderson but looked like he stepped out and AR down shaken up a bit. Looked like Henderson had his right foot in bounds when he caught it and it stands. And welcome aboard Jalen Kitna – Wright for about 5 or 6 on first down – Jalen is a big dude by the way – and nice pass to Pearsall for his first career pass by Kitna – 1st and 10 – at the EW 20 -Wright lost about five yards on the carry – Wright for a carry of about 5 or so and a 3rd and long now, call it 3rd and 8 for Kitna – nice swing pass in stride from Kitna to Wright and a first down with a nice block by Fraziars on the edge all the way down to the 2 yard line. AR back in the game and I get it he is the starter but would have loved to see Kitna see this drive to the end – Wright TD run 21-3 Gators with 9:22 to go.

Name of the game for the UF D is YOUTH and I love it – Nice tackle by Perkins but real strong pressure from Chris McClellan and he looks like a heck of a player early on for UF. Loss of three and then another missed tackle this time by Perkins – 19 yard gain and a first down. Kamari Wilson made that tackle. Burney shaken up a couple of plays later. Devin Moore and Perkins on the field right now for UF – Gators rotating a ton of guys on D which is what we were told would happen this game – Jalen Kimber also out there right now with R. Torrence. 3rd and 10 for EW with 7:12 in the 2nd QT – great play call and EVEN better play by Scooby Williams to GET OFF the block and make a nice tackle short of the chains. VERY nice play to get off that block. EW punt to the UF 25-yard line and first down UF

Revers for Persall and TD Gators 75-yard and let me tell you tip of the hat to the OL bc Richie Leonard and Gouraige were working hard DOWN the field on that play. 28-3 Gators with 5:48 to go in the first half.

Donovan McMillon getting some reps and its youth all over the place for the Gators so I expect to see some mistakes BUT this is what we need to do!! Build for the future – Miguel Mitchell forces a fumble on a great play!! Chris McClellan covers. And MM is a physical looking dude. UF ball at the 40 of EW – nice touch pass little over thrown but Whittemore makes a finger tip catch wow great catch – at the EW 16 or so – 4:28 to go and clock ticking – Etienne with a BURST around the left side down to the three BUT a flag on UF holding on Zanders – 1st and 20 from the 21 – Run no gain by Etienne – GREAT touch pass in the endzone to Henderson and TD – 35-3 with 3 minutes to go until the half.

EW drove to the UF 30 – with under a minute but a dropped pass hurt them a bit on 1st and 10. Wingo gets off a block makes a stop at the UF 25 – it was a well designed play and Wingo kept it from being a bigger gain and a first down. 3rd and 4 – Speed option and Torrence comes up and blasted the RB and stopped them for no gain. 4th and 3 and they are going for it again – clock ticking and UF calls timeout – Pass into the EndZone – Torrence drops it but nice coverage by Marshall very nice by Jason and Torrence really has to make that catch had both hands on the ball. 35-3 at the half.

SECOND HALF THOUGHTS:

2nd Half and you better have your roster for the rest of the game which I love to see the youth of this team getting on the field.

Total Yards in the First half:

EW had 214 and UF 370

EW 135 passing and 80 rushing

UF 221 passing and 149 Rushing

TOP EW 21:51 and UF only 8:39 with all the explosive scoring plays.

I did not want to see AR at all in the second half to be honest with you up 35-3. AR makes a horrible decision and throws into coverage – and when I say coverage I mean FOUR guys had Henderson and interception.

EW at the 46 for a 3rd and 3 – Dexter makes a tackle after a four yard run and a first down at the 50 – 3rd and 7 and pretty back shoulder throw with Helm on coverage and hit the guy right in the chest and dropped the ball we got really lucky on that and punt time. UF ball at the UF 7 yard line.

1st and 10 and lets see what we do coming off the horrible interception on the first series of the second half.

M. Johnson shaken up with what looks like an ankle, left ankle maybe. AR still in the game and 2nd and 3 and nice cut back and picks up the first down. At the UF 20 and AR finds a WIDE OPEN Daejon Reynolds all the way down to the EW 30 or so. 1st and 10 UF with 10:34 in the third – and nice hard run by MJ who came back in the game – gain of about 9 or so. MJ loss of about 3 or so. 3rd and 3 it looks like – pass to MJ and tackled short so a 4th and 2 and FG time from 36 yards – 38-3 Gators with 7:47 to play

1st and 10 at the EW 25 yard line – nice run for a first down. Later in the drive facing a 3rd and 7 from the EW 40ish – and Princely forces a fumble and Sapp tried to scoop and score and misses the ball. 4th and long and punt time – UF ball 1st and 10 at the UF 28 after he fumbled by was able to cover the ball.

1st and 10 with 5:16 to go and this should be all Kitna from here on out – and it is – Wright for a run around left side for a first down it looks like. Kitna 2/2 with 36-yards passing so far. And the best part about this is the first string OL is in the game for Kitna and he DROPPED A DIME to Caleb Douglass for a 62-yard TD pass ….He was not even open BUT the pass was dropped perfectly where only the WR could catch it and I mean that was awesome. 3rd TD drive in two plays or less on the day. 45-3 Good Guys.

EW ball 1st and 10 with 4:25 to play from the 25-yard line. Facing 3rd and 10 and Wingo and Lee on the stop for no gain so punt time again for EW and UF ball 1st and 10 at the 50 with 2:53 to play and Etienne carry for about 8 – J. Odom in the game with some back up OL and had Caleb Douglass open but just over throws him a little bit – Jalen Farmer out there with Kam Waites and another pass to Douglass this time broken up by the CB very nice play – brings up a 4th and 2 and UF going for it – and roll out pass to Etienne and Kitna holds the ball too long and Etienne stopped short. EW ball at the 41 and Jordan Young getting some reps – and Jamari Lyons and Moore and Mitchell back out there in the secondary. And that is Corey Collier out there getting Reps – good to see – 4th and 1 EW guy wide open and missed him. UF ball with :37 seconds to play in the 3rd QT – Kitna starting this drive from the 50 – Lingard gets the carry – Noah Keeter sighting for UF at TE and we go to the 4th QT. Farmer, Leonard, Waites all playing right now with I think Braun and Barber but not sure. Odom getting reps now No 87 – at the start of the 4th QT – from the 44-Lingard catch down inside the 30 on the check down – 1st and 10 both routes down field covered and he checked down – love that from the QB – and that is Barber playing LT and nice play to Reynolds and nice run after for 21-yards down to the 9 – and that is Bruan at LG. LL for about four yards to the five or so of EW – most important thing right now is the 2s are getting TONS of valuable real game reps – flag on UF so 2nd and G from the EW9 and Leonard playing the C position – Quick pass to Jordan Pouncey no gain maybe lost a yard – Reynolds did not block his guy very well – 3rd and G and LL explodes through a huge hole on the left side and walked in for a TD – Barber and Braun nice nice work for Lingard and the TD run. 52-3 UF with 11:53 to go.

I love seeing 30 out there running around making plays, Diwun Black. Jack Pyburn out there getting reps also and Jordan Young – all new guys every where you look right now and its great – EW did drive down and score a TD but the reps are more important to me with Black, Collier, McMillon, Pyburn, Sapp, Wingo, Wilcoxson, all on the field right now for the Gators. Black makes another play – he is m aking the most of his opportunity right now. David Reese also getting reps – Unfortunately, Devin Moore bites on a fake on a 3rd and 14 and TD pass and Collier was late getting over.

EW ended up scoring one more TD to make the final 52-17 but we accomplished what we needed which was #YOUTHMOVEMENT

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News