ADVERTISEMENT

My observations at the Under Armor Combine and Camp

robroy6019

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2005
Hey guys i got to go to the Under Armor Camp and game and thought i would share some of the things i saw.

A) Trey Burton is Impressive Looking when it comes to the eye ball test, i would say he is 6'1" 200 and some change. I know he checked in according to the Under Armor staff at 6'2" 204 lbs but I am barely 6'2" and I was just a bit taller then him. The 204 looks about accurate. The funny thing is one of my kids that i coach (who happens to be a big cane fan)saw him at the camp and said "wow that is a big linebacker," Thats when i had to tell him that Trey was our QB of the future, and he said that sucks for us...lol Trey looked head and heals above the other QB's there and looks to be coming along mechanically but it still looks like he needs to hold the ball a little higher and is still shot putting it a little. He had a couple wooble passes on the day due to that. The kid definetly has an arm and it looks like he is starting to use his hips a little more which only means more zip on the ball.

b) Chris Dunkley was very impressive and looks to be a very good wr. He runs decent routes and appears to be very explosive, fast, and quick. My only concern about him is i was suprised how small he looked in person. Not saying Chris Rainey small but he looked to me to be Andre Debose small. By no means and im i saying that means anything just smaller then i expected. He would have been the most dominating player there if it was not for Dorsey and a wr from Dr. Phillips (not ricardo miller).

c) The best part of the combine had to be Dorsey, Kid was everywhere on pass skelly drills, dominated one on ones, and when he ran the forty i could have sworn i heard the sound barrier break. Lets just put it this way the fastest time i heard besides his 4.25 was by Nical Robey from frostproof who ran a 4.35 and a 4.41. Everyone else was in the high 4.5 and low 4.6 range. This kids is special and was really nice when i talked to him. I can tell you as of sunday he was really really excited to be a Gator.

d) Marvin Robinson was at the combine and he did ok. Believe he ran a 4.61 (not good for him) and had a vert of 34 inches. Im not sure on his other stuff because i had to watch my other boys. He was on the field as the SS during pass skelly with Robey (cb) and Dorsey (Free Saftey) and they pretty much dominated the offense.

e) keep in eye on Robey this kid is lighting quick and is going to be a shut down corner in D1. He has intrest in UF and has already been offered and was at the USCe vs UF game this year on an unofficial.

got some recruiting news also from this trip when i get done with court i will get back on to inform thanks hope you enjoy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News