ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp still a little bitter?

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Mo Money Muschamp bitter? Why? I thought those Florida paychecks just keep coming. Screw Muschamp. I am bitter. Bitter he wasted our time, our players time and our schools money. Bitter that he recruited like a defensive coordinator building up our team disproportionately. Give McElwain credit coach Muschamp. You left your own inadequate droppings all over Florida Field before leaving it up to the next guy to clean up. Boom please don't let your loud mouth over rule you pea brain before noting the name of the biggest depositor into your bank account.

Proudly,
Your Ex

images

This post was edited on 4/3 2:24 PM by cwesleyf

Will "dont change who you are" Muschamp still thinks he'll be a head coach in the SEC again. Dude's clueless and not worth paying any mind now that he's no longer our problem.

This post was edited on 4/3 7:25 PM by GSMBrefugee

Lol...you guys.

I suppose this like how he "trashed" Florida and blamed his recruiting difficulties in our facilities by simply complimenting his new team's facilities
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Look, I was never one to defend Will, but lets be honest here. The truth behind this set of exchanges is somewhere between Champ trying to cover himself and Mac buying as much time as possible until the expectations return to typical UF levels.

And I must say Champ's dog comment was pretty good

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:
Lol...you guys.

I suppose this like how he "trashed" Florida and blamed his recruiting difficulties in our facilities by simply complimenting his new team's facilities
rolleyes.r191677.gif
You mean when he purposely misled recruits on the IPF until it was announced officially.

No I mean when he literally only complimented Auburn's facilities and mentioned how it would be nice to use them in recruiting for Auburn.

But the narrative is better when you just take single remarks and run with it, right?

I find this funny because everyone was soooo obsessed with ending the Muschamp era and putting him in the past, yet it never fails that the same people hang on his every word to find ANY reason to bring him up and/or dislike him further.

Oddly, it's generally the same people who begged that people would stop bringing up Meyer and blaming for "insufficient nbers in certain parts of the roster" when Muschamp took over.

Right, Danny just like you backed up muschamp's whining about the roster full of draft picks Meyer left him while telling everyone to move on now.

Truth is we are low on numbers on the line and at linebacker...and who cares what Muschamp thinks. Here's the other thing. ..I don't care what the numbers are...win anyways! Great coaches find a way to win regardless of what's happening I don't expect the SEC title this year but I do expect improvement...look at Meyer...3rd string QB wins a National title...guy is a freaking gamer. Musrcat...lol

How so?

I've been consistent with both.

Before I get into this though, I'll preface it with this: some of the problems when Muschamp took over were due to very different philosophies.

So.

1. We can't forget 2010. Even with his own recruits for his system Meyer failed with his system. So what did we lack? Well first of all we didn't have a decent QB on the roster and inherited Driskel (yes, Muschamp deserves blame for not replacing him but I think he hoped Brissett would be the answer or he could ride it out and wait for Grier). Our RB situation was awful for our new offense. Our OL had nbers, but sparse on substance. We very quickly lost some of our best experienced guys and were left with ones who were backups that not only were inexperienced, but not really qualified for the offense we were trying to run. Throw on top of it all that we had few if any receiving threats and you end up with a disaster.

2. So to summarize the top (which, I think is a rather fair assessment) we had a very young, first time headcoach who could create defense but relied on his offensive coordinators to make that side of the ball work. Weiss didn't give a damn and basically hobbled around if he managed to get off his cooler. Pease and Roper were promising hires but both were gambles having come from bonfires offensive geniuses (who really made those work? Petersen and Cutcliffe or Pease and Roper?). It is not Muschamp's fault that he got hired. That's completely on Foley. As stated above, many of the issues came from roster and philosophy not mixing. That's not Muschamp's fault. He was hired to run what he wanted (dominate defense, ground and pound offense). So the transition was terrible, and then we had 3 offensive coordinators in 4 years. Again, when your headcoach is a defensive mind and relies on his OC to design the offensive system and bring in players, you are always going to have a problem when you run the OCs like that. You get a roster full of people for different philosophies. In our case, Weiss was NFL pro, Pease was multiple, and Roper was slightly more spread. That can cause havoc on your roster.

3. Muschamp f***ed us on OL. How in the world do you preach "cobtrol the line of scrimmage" and after 4 years barely have enough guys to lineup at OL? Completely absurd and it's already hurting us. We are also in an odd spot at QB because Meyer left us Brantley, Murphy, and Driskel (and technically Reed and Burton), Weiss brought in Brissett, Pease brought in career backups in Mornhinweg and Staver, and Roper brought in Harris. Grier is the only anomaly because he committed back in Decemeber of 2012 and was recruited from day one basically.

4. So now that said, we have a new staff and we are severely weak at OL, will start a very young kid at QB, an overall unproven receiving and running back corp.

5. Thank God Muschamp left us with one hell of a defensive group.

I guess Muschamp was saying the NFL is to blame also and other than the O line we have a lot of good players.
smile.r191677.gif

"I didn't see any comments," Muschamp said in his presser. "At the time (November), D.J. Humphries and Tyler Moore had not declared for the NFL draft. That's two guys that started a lot of ball games, and Rod Johnson was a returning starter."Certainly at that position, at the offensive line the number are obviously down … but I didn't know of any comments. Other than that, there's a lot of good football players sitting down there."

A reporter began to ask the next question, but Muschamp interrupted to take one last jab at McElwain.

"He said he could coach a dog and win," Muschamp said. "Heck, he like the dog better than his players?"

This post was edited on 4/4 2:05 PM by Gator Fever

Really this is all childish. And Michi I don't think McElwain is trying to buy time at all. The whole 'I can win with my dog' comment was just typical win the press conference talk. He obviously knew we had roster problems in certain areas judging by his comments around singing day but I think seeing it up close has reality settling in for him a bit more. I mean we have three scholarship running backs when the top teams carry 5-6. Two remotely average scholarship QB's when teams have 4-5 star guys sitting the bench. Four linebackers and on and on.

And I don't think he was taking a shot at Muschamp either. He got asked a question about the roster and he gave an honest response. But of course the media had to take his comments to Muschamp to drum up some controversy. And the fact that Muschamp is so sensitive about the comments say it all. If he read the comments in context and was still that defensive he's just letting everybody know he's a meatheaded moron who can't ever think before speaking.

Lol "if he would have read Mac's comment in context..."

Or if we were reading or hearing Muschamp's quote in context, right?

The full Muschamp quote is available, what context is needed? You're misunderstsnding me. I'm saying the media drummed up a controversy here by acting as if Mac was taking a shot at Muschamp. And Muschamp being as sensitive as he is got all defensive about the comments. But none of this would have made news if that reporter wouldn't have asked Muschamp about this so called diss from Mac knowing full well there wasn't any kind of shot at Muschamp from Mac. Either way he could have kept it professional and kept it moving, but as always he has to open his big mouth and say something because he's 'tough.' Yawn.

And if we want to be technical, all this foolishness started with Muschamp's comment about the roster being good and not to let the other coach make any excuses...completely unprompted by the way. I'm sure that wasn't self serving at all. New coach wins big, he makes himself look good by bragging about all the talent he left. New coach loses, he gets to sit back and say 'well I left y'all a lot of talent it ain't my fault.' So now McElwain is asked about the roster completely unrelated to Muschamp, he says depth is insufficient in some areas, and Muschamp gets all defensive and has to say something in response. How is saying depth is insufficient some type of shot worthy of the response Muschamp gave? Why you keep defending this clown is beyond me. All this BS started with his self serving comment on his way out. McElwain's comments were in no way a shot at him but he's too stupid to even think straight. Typical.

Is there a video of him saying it?

Because there's one of Mac. You're taking a hardline.

I suppose my overall point is that it's always the people that hated Muschamp the most that can't seem to let him go.

OF COURSE you see everything he says as a whiny little bitch move from an overly sensitive guy. That's how you guys feel about him.

He's gone, but many won't let it go.

Either way, I find it...humorous....because of the juxtaposition of the Muschamp "facilities" comment with the Mac "roster insufficiency" comment.

Obviously one gets the benefit of the doubt while one doesn't....even though both are accurate.

Again....people just can't move on. I moved on as soon as I saw Mac's intro presser and it got better since then. All the people that obsessed over hating Muschamp are STILL bitching about him.

Like I said...humorous.

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:
Either way, I find it...humorous....because of the juxtaposition of the Muschamp "facilities" comment with the Mac "roster insufficiency" comment.

Obviously one gets the benefit of the doubt while one doesn't....even though both are accurate.

Again....people just can't move on. I moved on as soon as I saw Mac's intro presser and it got better since then. All the people that obsessed over hating Muschamp are STILL bitching about him.

Like I said...humorous.
But you're ignoring the fact the recruits confirmed Muschamp was negatively recruiting UF. Ryan Davis was one of the first to say so to the UF sites. You're right...Muschamp's comments praising Auburn's facilities as a stand alone isn't a big deal, but combine it with recruits saying that he was dogging UF's facilities, and then it becomes clear he was passively-aggressively talking ish about UF's facilities. You gotta take the whole picture.

Just like with this made up beef now. He said he didn't hear the comments and if that's the case was his response necessary? Especially at the level he came back with the dog comment? So you didn't hear the comments but you're gonna take a shot at the coach anyway, makes sense. That's a clear sign he's still bitter. I guess I don't understand why everyone has to move on from him so after 4-5 months, especially when he keeps opening his mouth. But people to this day still bring up Meyer.

The difficult part is now over and we put it it off for far too long. We've lanced the boil. The pain will continue to last for a little while longer but we are now on the mend.

Let's put some comments in perspective

During an interview last February with the Sentinel, Muschamp
estimated bad weather affects only four to six practices a season, thus
making an indoor practice facility an unnecessary expense.

"I
think we have more pressing needs right now," he said. "Certainly the
renovation of the O'Connell Center is really important. And I think
we're going to redo our academic facility for the student athletes. I
think those things are more important right now than an indoor practice
facility."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT