ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp has message for Carolina fans

passoverGator

Bull Gator
Sep 26, 2002
Reactions: NavigatorII
This will likely be Muschamp’s last year at USCjr. If ADs are smart this will be the last Power 5 head coaching job he gets for a long long time.

Reactions: gatordad3
This will likely be Muschamp’s last year at USCjr. If ADs are smart this will be the last Power 5 head coaching job he gets for a long long time.

never know. He's mostly kept South Carolina not awful, which is saying something.

the argument could easily be made by an AD in the ACC or Big10 that a school like USCe in the SEC is incredibly difficult to find success at. It took Steve Spurrier several years to get to an unprecedented level with them and that's Spurrier, they don't come around every day.

now I wouldn't be surprised if he does take a DC job somewhere, but don't be shocked if he's coaching P5 again next year.

I kind of think he should go ahead and make another attempt in the NFL. He was ridiculously young when Saban made him his DC in Miami.

They were 4-8 last year and the year before 7-6 with a bad 28-0 loss in the Belk bowl game. Real chance they only win 2-3 games this year looking at their schedule.

Reactions: gatordad3
The very same coach who swore he never heard the fans at BHG chanting Fire Muschamp. His career even as a DC at a power 5 school is over as well.

never know. He's mostly kept South Carolina not awful, which is saying something.

the argument could easily be made by an AD in the ACC or Big10 that a school like USCe in the SEC is incredibly difficult to find success at. It took Steve Spurrier several years to get to an unprecedented level with them and that's Spurrier, they don't come around every day.

now I wouldn't be surprised if he does take a DC job somewhere, but don't be shocked if he's coaching P5 again next year.

I kind of think he should go ahead and make another attempt in the NFL. He was ridiculously young when Saban made him his DC in Miami.
I believe Dom Capers was Saban's DC in Miami.

Not sure how I feel about that hypothetical either, but remember, our D was stellar when he was the coach.

Not sure how I feel about that hypothetical either, but remember, our D was stellar when he was the coach.

Is he going to come in and commit to being the DC, and being the best DC possible, and recruit for the defense like he did when he was HC? Then yes. Is he going to do what he did to Auburn, which was half-ass it while waiting for a HC offer? Then obviously no.

Reactions: seffnergator
Would you guys take Muschamp as D-coordinator right now?
I’d take him in a heartbeat. If nothing else, you can’t say the guy didn’t put in the work, and or that he didn’t hate losing. UF is a tough hc gig, Esp for a first time head coach. I think he was in over his head, but I never got the feeling he gave up on us. I feel like mcelwain quit and the team did too. I think with muschamp it was a lot of inexperience and some really terrible luck. I’d take him as a DC bc I don’t see him getting a really good hc offer for awhile, and he can recruit lights out on defense.

Now that I thought about it, WM is a far better DC and recruiter than 3rd and Grantham ever will be, although I see Muschamp going either back to Texas or Oklahoma.

Muschamp sends message to fans

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">LFG! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CB90?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#CB90</a> <a href="https://t.co/5jR1595pnv">pic.twitter.com/5jR1595pnv</a></p>&mdash; Cocksby90 (@cocks_by_90) <a href=" ">September 26, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I got a good laugh out of that!...and yes on the D Coordinator. Guys is one of the best in the business on that.

I’d take him in a heartbeat. If nothing else, you can’t say the guy didn’t put in the work, and or that he didn’t hate losing. UF is a tough hc gig, Esp for a first time head coach. I think he was in over his head, but I never got the feeling he gave up on us. I feel like mcelwain quit and the team did too. I think with muschamp it was a lot of inexperience and some really terrible luck. I’d take him as a DC bc I don’t see him getting a really good hc offer for awhile, and he can recruit lights out on defense.
Mac was a total pu$$y...at least Muschamp had some fire. He's a great D Coordinator and get players on that side of the ball. HBC is a tough gig everywhere...especially at UF. Some guys just can't put it all together.

Reactions: ih8f$u
Mac was a total pu$$y...at least Muschamp had some fire. He's a great D Coordinator and get players on that side of the ball. HBC is a tough gig everywhere...especially at UF. Some guys just can't put it all together.
Although both sucked totally sucked and Muschamp's"fire" was an ignorant hissy fit. I will agree, Mc recruited well on defense especially the DB's (his speciality) while Mac at best (the supposed QB whisperer) hit the transfer portal for 3rd string QB's.

With the right HC(Mullen) I think Zook would make a great DC. Good recruiter the players liked him and he was good in rivalry games.

With the right HC(Mullen) I think Zook would make a great DC. Good recruiter the players liked him and he was good in rivalry games.

Zook was too passive, played too much read & react. That's the defense you play when you don't have the athletes, but UF has the athletes.

Serious question... Is this real

Look at it like this. Mus is a great recruiter, has an aggressive scheme and seems pretty good at play calling and in-game adjustments. All he would need to do to be Mickey Andrews is play dirty. You liked Mickey, right?

Zook was a DC here once before and got demoted. Zook was a head coach and that didn’t work out so well either. Not sure why anybody would even consider Zook back on the UF sidelines. Zook really hasn’t had a legitimate coaching position since 2011.

Zook was a DC here once before and got demoted. Zook was a head coach and that didn’t work out so well either. Not sure why anybody would even consider Zook back on the UF sidelines. Zook really hasn’t had a legitimate coaching position since 2011.
I don't want either of the three to step foot on the campus other than the way Muschamp is coming in this weekend. As an opponent. All had some positives but all had too many negatives. If I was forced to accept any of the 3 it would be Zook.

SEC 2019 Team Defense Rankings:

1. Georgia

2. Florida - Shouldn't that be 2nd with Grantham.... ;)

3. Alabama
---
8. LSU - Natl. Champs
---
10. S.Ca - The Musclecramp - Yep, that's some killer defense right there....
---
Note: Grantham is putting 3-stars in the NFL, and a 4-star in the Top 10, 1st Rnd.
=====

Mullen & Grantham taking over a loser chit-show 4-8 team:

10 wins, then 11 wins.
B-2-B New Years 6 Bowl wins.
Top 10 Ranking Finishes
Top 10 recruiting classes
Currently Ranked #3.
Jus-sayin....

Recruiting maybe? He was a good recruiter

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT