ADVERTISEMENT

Mullen to visit Fields

i am torn here. IF, IF its true Fields reached out to Seider, then Mullen has to pursue that. There are definite reasons for Fields to waiver on UGa from fit to having Eason and Fromm ahead of him. He is also a perfect fir for Mullen.

Now Corral is going to be a stud. And shouldn’t be dismissed. He does carry very, very strong red flags and did visit Bama last weekend.

I don’t think Mullen is being as risky as some think because if Fields stick at UGa and Corral chose Bama then Emory Jones becomes available. So lots of top guys still in the picture.

Don’t buy Corral not fitting, look at Stidham with Gus

i am torn here. IF, IF its true Fields reached out to Seider, then Mullen has to pursue that. There are definite reasons for Fields to waiver on UGa from fit to having Eason and Fromm ahead of him. He is also a perfect fir for Mullen.

Now Corral is going to be a stud. And shouldn’t be dismissed. He does carry very, very strong red flags and did visit Bama last weekend.

I don’t think Mullen is being as risky as some think because if Fields stick at UGa and Corral chose Bama then Emory Jones becomes available. So lots of top guys still in the picture.

Don’t buy Corral not fitting, look at Stidham with Gus

I’m fine with working on Fields’s but you don’t drop the ball with Corral.

Corral is a very good QB but let’s be honest. Is he really an ideal fit for Mullen’s offense/scheme? He’s not.

We have to transition back from a pro style offense to a spread style offense. Some things are going to change.

Ask yourself this. If Mullen was the coach this past year would he even have recruited Corral? I think we know the answer.

Corral is a very good QB but let’s be honest. Is he really an ideal fit for Mullen’s offense/scheme? He’s not.

We have to transition back from a pro style offense to a spread style offense. Some things are going to change.

Ask yourself this. If Mullen was the coach this past year would he even have recruited Corral? I think we know the answer.

He can sling it and he’s very mobile.

God you’re an annoying company man.

It’s like you don’t even know what you’re talking about.

He can sling it and he’s very mobile.

God you’re an annoying company man.

It’s like you don’t even know what you’re talking about.
I like your posts most of the time, but sometimes I see why INSTA gets irritated with you. You get on a position and you hammer away relentlessly. We have no control over who the new coaches are going to recruit, but his #1 priority has got to be to get a QB who best fits his system. Otherwise he's going to be hampered in building the offense like he wants. From everything I've seen, Corral is the real deal and appears to have always wanted to be a Gator. But Fields is the #1 ranked player in the country and a QB who has ALL the tools. Don't know if he can be flipped, but what would it hurt to have both these guys on campus and may the best man win? It would, also keep Fields out of Athens.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Fields isn’t likely coming either but if a player like Fields reaches out to you then you have to listen.

I expect Mullen will go after some other QBs before it’s all said and done.

I like your posts most of the time, but sometimes I see why INSTA gets irritated with you. You get on a position and you hammer away relentlessly. We have no control over who the new coaches are going to recruit, but his #1 priority has got to be to get a QB who best fits his system. Otherwise he's going to be hampered in building the offense like he wants. From everything I've seen, Corral is the real deal and appears to have always wanted to be a Gator. But Fields is the #1 ranked player in the country and a QB who has ALL the tools. Don't know if he can be flipped, but what would it hurt to have both these guys on campus and may the best man win? It would, also keep Fields out of Athens.

I think I’ve mentioned that I have no problem with both of them being hereZ

What I don’t want is Mullen basically dropping him.

And I’m also playing a character and having fun with this.

You won’t see me pulling an Insta and Trask situation.

You’ve seen me post long enough, you know a lot of this is for comedic value, right?

I literally said at one point that you should want us to have Corral before you want happiness for your family.

I mean...you get it, right?

With the ish that is going down in Tallacrappy, Mullen needs to be visiting all of their top commits. Plums ripe for the picking!

I think I’ve mentioned that I have no problem with both of them being hereZ

What I don’t want is Mullen basically dropping him.

And I’m also playing a character and having fun with this.

You won’t see me pulling an Insta and Trask situation.

You’ve seen me post long enough, you know a lot of this is for comedic value, right?

I literally said at one point that you should want us to have Corral before you want happiness for your family.

Your posts are comedic sometimes, Danny. I get it. It will be interesting to see what Corral will do. And Fields. Mullen is probably also going to talk to 2 other QB's he was recruiting for Miss. St. - Jalen Mayden, the #11 rated QB in the nation who committed to the Bulldogs in May; & Jarren Williams, the #8 Dual threat QB from Snellville, GA who decommitted from Kentucky a couple of weeks ago and is being heavily recruited by Miami & Ohio St., thought to be a current lean to Miami. He needs to get 2 QB's in this class who are high quality and fit the type of player he wants to run his offense. If Corral is one of them, I think Mullen will adapt and make it work.

Your posts are comedic sometimes, Danny. I get it. It will be interesting to see what Corral will do. And Fields. Mullen is probably also going to talk to 2 other QB's he was recruiting for Miss. St. - Jalen Mayden, the #11 rated QB in the nation who committed to the Bulldogs in May; & Jarren Williams, the #8 Dual threat QB from Snellville, GA who decommitted from Kentucky a couple of weeks ago and is being heavily recruited by Miami & Ohio St., thought to be a current lean to Miami. He needs to get 2 QB's in this class who are high quality and fit the type of player he wants to run his offense. If Corral is one of them, I think Mullen will adapt and make it work.

Wouldn't be hard to convince a recruit he can start right away. Heck, I'll bet there are some good PAL QB's out there that would be an upgrade over what we have now.

Fields didn't reach out, Mullen called and begged for a visit and got his one in home, that's done, Fields is back to recruiting for UGA.
I’m sorry to the Corral fans out there, but if Justin is calling; you damn well better listen. He is that elite!

Not how it happened, JF wasn't the one doing the calling. Mullen didn't make Gainesville a shorter drive to Kennesaw, but carry on, when Corral gets his feelings hurt and goes elsewhere UF is left scrambling for a qb.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Fields isn’t likely coming either but if a player like Fields reaches out to you then you have to listen.

I expect Mullen will go after some other QBs before it’s all said and done.
One wonders if he is not going after the 4 star guy, Jaylan Mayden, that committed to MSU last May?

I do, it means that we should want this HS kid more than we want happiness in our family. And you are exactly correct.

Fields didn't reach out, Mullen called and begged for a visit and got his one in home, that's done, Fields is back to recruiting for UGA.

Not how it happened, JF wasn't the one doing the calling. Mullen didn't make Gainesville a shorter drive to Kennesaw, but carry on, when Corral gets his feelings hurt and goes elsewhere UF is left scrambling for a qb.

Looks like your flash in the pan just went out. Get ready for your annual beatings to resume.

Cosign. That's why we couldn't get a real RB here under Meyer.

WTF??? :confused:
Meyer couldn't get a real RB while at UF? :rolleyes:

2005 - RB Kestahn Moore 5-10 207 4.6/40 ***
2008 - 29 for 142 yds, 4.9 ypc, 4 TD's.

2006 - RB/LB Mon Williams 6-2 192 **** 5.9 (died heart attack age 31)
2008 - Moved back to TX and switched to LB for more playing time.
-----
2006 RB Chevon Walker 5-10 185 **** 5.9 -- 3 Years in CFL
2006 RB/KR Brandon James 5-6 167 *** - Indy Colts, then CFL
2006 WR/RB Percy Harvin 6-1 188 ***** - 1st Rnd Viks
Harvin had more Yds & TD's running than receiving at UF.

2007 RB Bo Williams 6-1 203 **** 5.8 - Later xfer to Iowa St.
2007 RB/KR Chris Rainey 5-9 159 **** 5.9 - 5th Rnd Steelers

2008 RB Jeff Demps 5-8 162 **** 5.8 - 2012 Olympics, Pats, Bucs, Colts

2009 RB Mike Gillislee 6-1 205 **** 5.8 - Dolphins, Bills, Pats

2010 RB Mack Brown 5-11 185 **** 5.8 - Redskins, Vikings
============

While none of the current 4 star RB's are leaving because of Dan or his offense, and both of the committed 4 star RB are sticking. :cool:

Whoever the hell we get in the recruiting class, I will NOT sit sober in those stands for one more game and watch Franks stare down receivers and toss wild balls to the opposing team when we have open guys on almost every single play. We looked like friggin Tennessee out there this year.

With the ish that is going down in Tallacrappy, Mullen needs to be visiting all of their top commits. Scums ripe for the picking!
(fixed that for ya) :D

Sorry, but UF is already over their limit on crims, thugs, and scum, so they don't need any of those reFSUcks wannabees... o_O

IF I took any of them, I'd be very choosy and selective about it. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: grommit
Whoever the hell we get in the recruiting class, I will NOT sit sober in those stands for one more game and watch Franks stare down receivers and toss wild balls to the opposing team when we have open guys on almost every single play. We looked like friggin Tennessee out there this year.

Why was Mc fired? JMOHO''s of course, but here it is...
LDR - Happyby - Zaire - Franks
While Trask, and then Allen sat on the bench.
Both Trask and Allen are better QB's, then Mc-Nuss are QB coaches.

Nuggets from Mullen:

~ QB Intelligence is key, obviously. “I don’t want a guy who has to check over to me after yelling “hut, hut,” Mullen said in his introductory press conference. “The smarter the quarterbacks are the more we can do.”

~ Accuracy is crucial to getting the kind of efficiency Mullen wants on offense, which in turn leads to tempo. “Accuracy over anything else”, he said Monday.

~ Quarterbacks need to throw with the rhythm. Their dropback must match up with the steps of receiver’s routes. And the ball must be out on time and in rhythm.

Mullen’s win % at MsSt, in total and against SEC competition, is around 10% better than the school’s averages. He performed better at the school than anyone in 70 years. MsSt was an SEC doormat when he took over.
===============

If Matt Corral is such a big deal, and if he's been recruiting for UF since July, then why has his fellow Poly 5 star WR teammate NOT committed to UF??? :cool: -- And why did the two that were committed to UF, since decommitted? o_O

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT