ADVERTISEMENT

Mullen to visit Fields

I see Corral has tweeted pics of UCLA football and he was enamored of Chip potentially signing with us before Chip chose UCLA and considering that's all in his backyard now in LA, are we thinking he is gone from us?

Corral has repeatedly said he wanted to play in the SEC and away from home. But the closer it gets to signing day and he starts thinking about family and friends and how far it is to Gainesville, I can understand the kid reconsidering. But he was willing to play for McElwain & Nussmeir, in spite of the putrid offense we've had for 3 years. So maybe it's a combination of Kelly now being at UCLA and actively recruiting him, plus the distance. Who knows and, personally, I don't care. I only want kids who want to be Gators. If he wants to come, great. If not, best of luck.

Corral has repeatedly said he wanted to play in the SEC and away from home. But the closer it gets to signing day and he starts thinking about family and friends and how far it is to Gainesville, I can understand the kid reconsidering. But he was willing to play for McElwain & Nussmeir, in spite of the putrid offense we've had for 3 years. So maybe it's a combination of Kelly now being at UCLA and actively recruiting him, plus the distance. Who knows and, personally, I don't care. I only want kids who want to be Gators. If he wants to come, great. If not, best of luck.
I kind of feel the same way...but save this kid if anyway possible. He's a difference maker. We'll see...got to be behind the coach now.

Would you rather have Fields or Corral in Mullen's offense?

Yeah so I just checked his twitter.

It is all Gator related accept for one post a day or two ago retweeting something for UCLA.

Everything else is U.F. including a retweet of Copeland mentioning talking to Mullen, and a tweet from a few hours ago dogging people who flip their commitments.

Don’t Come at me with this anti-Corral stuff again.

Mullen is fired up right now and ready to go. Fields reached out to Seider. Mullen & Seider went to see Fields. Mullen has already talked to Corral about this. Billy G is currently out on the trail as well.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I see Corral has tweeted pics of UCLA football and he was enamored of Chip potentially signing with us before Chip chose UCLA and considering that's all in his backyard now in LA, are we thinking he is gone from us?

Actually I believe the only time Corral hesitated on UF was Chip Kelly fearing his fit in the offense.

That said, I do believe Mullen would take Fields if that option really arose. And that would get interesting

I love Danny.

I love Corral’s swagger.

But I will go ahead and be the one to say it. The cibe seems to be growing that Mullen may not be on the Corral bandwagon.

Corral is a hothead. Most coaches don’t want him which is why he was committed to Butters. I say we go all in on Fields. Fields has to know they’re are five 5* qbs ahead of him. Also Fields would fit Dan’s system perfectly. Also if that doesn’t pan out we should go after Jalen Mayden. Most importantly it’s time to avoid getting more hotheads in the program.

ANYBODY is better than what we've got - at least better than those I've seen play. I want a QB who wants to be a Florida Gator, can throw with accuracy, can read defenses, make quick decisions and run when needed.

He got kicked out of HS last year. USC pulled his scholarship. Then was suspended twice this year at poly. Sorry I don’t want a punk/ wannabe frat boy as qb

Reactions: instaGATOR
Mullen has coached Alex Smith, Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, and Dak Prescott. The sell should be easy enough if Fields wants to maximize his potential. You can't doubt Kirby can coach based on this season, but Mullen's QB resume is eye poppingly good. He didn't coach Cam for long, but he did coach him.

Mullen is now talking to Fields.
A week of two ago, Corral took a trip to talk to Saban at Bama.
He's still got one eye on UCLA/cow-Chip.
It's NBD either way imo. :rolleyes:

On recruiting, everybody is open game until Early Signing Day, and then again until NSD. o_O

Dan can recruit anyone, among any that want to come to UF.
The currently UF committed recruits can stay or go as they choose.
Some movement is always expected, even without a coaching change, and even more is likely with one.
As always, I only want the ones that truly WANT to be Gators.
The gatorbaits are always welcome to go elsewhere...
Nothing new to see here imo. o_O

============

UF had 2 of their 4 star Mc-Nuss WR's de-commit.

UF likely just added 2 of the MsSt 4 star WR commits, offers made.

#2 JuCo WR Stephen Guidry 6-3 190 **** 6.0 - Raymond, MS
Offers: MsSt -- UF, LSU, Mizz - AzSt, Mia, Ore, OreSt, etc.

#37 WR Malik Heath 6-4 200 **** 5.8 - Jackson, MS
Offers: MsSt -- UA, UF, UK, LSU, MS - UL, Mia, Neb, TxTech, Memp, etc.

And the world continues to turn,,, unabated. :cool:

You people are insane if you don’t want Corral more than you want happiness for your own family.

Cosign. And although Fields is a better fit for what Mullen has done historically I really don't want JS to turn into that offense where the QB runs 20 times a game. That's why we couldn't get a real RB here under Meyer. There's also the possibility Fields is playing us and we lose a QB weeks away from enrolling chasing a dream.

Um Corral said Done Deal after the Mullen hire.

Dude has been and is all about Florida.

If he goes to UCLA then I’m going to be the most pissed I’ve been since Mac got rid of Grier.
If Corral said he's a Gator it's going to be good times. This is like a gift from God...Mac deserved to get fired after letting Grier out of the bag...this kid can take us to the next level. You don't get a QB like this guy but every few years. If he stays healthy he will kill it in Mullen's offense at UF.

Yeah so I just checked his twitter.

It is all Gator related accept for one post a day or two ago retweeting something for UCLA.

Everything else is U.F. including a retweet of Copeland mentioning talking to Mullen, and a tweet from a few hours ago dogging people who flip their commitments.

Don’t Come at me with this anti-Corral stuff again.

Mullen smothers great players and changes their minds

Corrall was slow played at uga because of fields,then jumped to gators and now looks like instant replay,being second Fiddell to fields again,he is a big time talent, no way fields will run 25-30 xs a game,not built like smith or Tebow

Corral was caught off guard Mullen went to visit Fields with Seider.

We may, and I mean may, be looking at a situation where Mullen ia not interested in Corral, at least not at the level we were before

Corral was caught off guard Mullen went to visit Fields with Seider.

We may, and I mean may, be looking at a situation where Mullen ia not interested in Corral, at least not at the level we were before
Mullen talked to Corral and told him he was visiting Fields. Fields reached out to us. Fields contacted Seider.

Mullen talked to Corral and told him he was visiting Fields. Fields reached out to us. Fields contacted Seider.
Is UGA smart enough to tell Fields to flirt with Mullen enough that Corral gets his feelings hurt and decommits? Corral seems like a hot head

I can't believe Georgia can get a top QB like that with a true freshman starting this season.

Time for all of the recruits, QB's included, to put on their 'Big Boy' pants.
Mullen's teams make a living on position competition, and not just at MsSt either.o_O

For those making a big deal out of Mullen talking to Fields, just consider this fact.
2005 Tebow *****
2006 Brantley ***** & Newton ***** -- Both were Top 50 prospects.
So just go ahead and get comfortable with it... :cool:

No one confirming but possible. My guess is he will work to keep him but I see no way that their isn’t a second QB in this class. Matt will have to be OK with that, and honestly he has no choice, his offers are next to none
Our QB situation is abysmal. We need 2 really good ones in this class. Injuries happen all the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT