ADVERTISEMENT

meanwhile, in the land of the free

BigOleNastyGator

Ring of Honor
Sep 27, 2002
This happened..............................

Think about what a pile of crap land of the free home of the brave is..............

1.) Could you build an addition to your house or add a pool without state sanction? permits forms to be filled out proper zoning etc? No, your property isn't yoru own, on top of that if you don't pay your annual property tax they can confiscate it. That's called renting and means the state really owns everything, you're just leasing it with extended renters rights.
2.) Can you leave the country, go where you want, and not account for your time? No you can't, upon re entry you have to account for your time, where you were, what you were doing etc.
3.) can you as an adult ingest whatever you want? Absolutely not, hell in new york they even want to tell you how much soda you can drink.
4.) Can you defend yourself, or must you rely on the state? In some places and you can bet if you kill someone threatening you in your own home there is a good chance you'll face charges yourself.
5.) Right to privacy? hello, no knock warrants and gestapo tactics, that probably means you can kiss protection against wrongful arrest etc good bye.

I could go on, but I need to get back to work. But I want to know, how the hell are you satisfied with this?

link

It is an inevitable progression, I think., it just depends on how quickly it happens. Get on the train or get under it. In a democracy, people get the govt they ask for.

This was never supposed to be a democracy, you're right that in a democracy it is as you say.

And let me understand your answer, so you're good with it, not worth expending political capital to fix it?

Originally posted by BigOleNastyGator:
This was never supposed to be a democracy, you're right that in a democracy it is as you say.

And let me understand your answer, so you're good with it, not worth expending political capital to fix it?
No, I actually believe libertarians, the Tea Party, etc. are beneficial to help slow the progress of extreme liberalization (kind of like Howard Roark in the Fountainhead). It's just that these groups will always be a minority so why beat your head against the wall worrying about it? Personally, I worked for large corporations during most of my career so I'm used to the beauracracy. Take Obamacare, for instance. I plan on shifting some of my employee's health care costs to the govt (legally of course). So rather than complain about it I try to find ways to take advantage of it.

Think about what a pile of crap land of the free home of the brave is..............

1.) Could you build an addition to your house or add a pool without state sanction? permits forms to be filled out proper zoning etc? No, your property isn't yoru own, on top of that if you don't pay your annual property tax they can confiscate it. That's called renting and means the state really owns everything, you're just leasing it with extended renters rights.
2.) Can you leave the country, go where you want, and not account for your time? No you can't, upon re entry you have to account for your time, where you were, what you were doing etc.
3.) can you as an adult ingest whatever you want? Absolutely not, hell in new york they even want to tell you how much soda you can drink.
4.) Can you defend yourself, or must you rely on the state? In some places and you can bet if you kill someone threatening you in your own home there is a good chance you'll face charges yourself.
5.) Right to privacy? hello, no knock warrants and gestapo tactics, that probably means you can kiss protection against wrongful arrest etc good bye.

I could go on, but I need to get back to work. But I want to know, how the hell are you satisfied with this?
...but asking for ID from someone trying to vote is too much!?

Originally posted by Dr. Nole:

ironic isn't it, but they know those votes will go to them and thus represent real political power.

ironic isn't it, but they know those votes will go to them and thus represent real political power.
Also ironic in that opponents of photo ID requirements for voters tend to view receiving medical care as a "right".

Originally posted by Rushie:

Also ironic in that opponents of photo ID requirements for voters tend to view receiving medical care as a "right".
It's so much absolute BS it makes me sick.
You can't ask for ID to vote becuase it's voter supression "making" these poor people have to get an ID...even if it is free. It's still too much to ask from them.

Yet, these same people are asked to sign up for obamacare on the internet....wait, how can they afford the internet and a computer but not able to get an ID? How do they pay for this internet? A credit card? How did they get this credit card without ID?

Sorry for the hi jack...just venting

It's fine, as bad pointed out the system is broken, from the populace and through out the system, there are no constitutional means to fix it, vent away my friend.

Originally posted by badselectioncommittee:

No, I actually believe libertarians, the Tea Party, etc. are beneficial to help slow the progress of extreme liberalization (kind of like Howard Roark in the Fountainhead). It's just that these groups will always be a minority so why beat your head against the wall worrying about it? Personally, I worked for large corporations during most of my career so I'm used to the beauracracy. Take Obamacare, for instance. I plan on shifting some of my employee's health care costs to the govt (legally of course). So rather than complain about it I try to find ways to take advantage of it.
In other words, you really don't give a crap one way or the other...

I see several posts by you, all ignored until someone finally threw you a one sentence pity reply.

Trying to be relevant, but just background noise.

Some things never change LOL

I see several posts by you, all ignored until someone finally threw you a one sentence pity reply.

Trying to be relevant, but just background noise.

Some things never change LOL
I’m never posting here again. Waaaa.

——New Ghost. The welcher

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT