ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe lighten up on Treon just a bit...

jamminjethro

Gator Great
Gold Member
Dec 16, 2002
Nashville & Gainesville
I'm so proud of this team, and would've been even if we lost by the time the 4th Quarter had expired. They played their hearts out, and the coaches did a heck of a job learning from their earlier miscues (whether those be execution, or playing calling, the latter of which I'm just not knowledgable enough to critique as other than wishing we'd have used our running backs a little more consistently to take some pressure off Will throughout the game I enjoyed the willingness to chuck it around), and not panicking/giving up. That alone had my admiration, and appreciation. The win was just such delicious gravy. (I HATE UT as much as IH8FSU, or however you spell his handle, hates the Noles. I have good reason: My ex-wife's grandparents WROTE friggin' Rocky Top.... Ughhhhh!! Other than being happy for my son to have a kinda' cool legacy seeing as he's been born and raised here in Nashville, I hate all things Vols!)

That said, and in light of the never ending conversation on the QB's I just wanted to share something: I just realized I have Treon in the online class I teach as GA for UF. Now, I'll state right from the outset that I know it is completely unprofessional to discuss students etc, and I'm doing nothing other than commenting on a bigger picture issue. I'm just saying, the kid is a damn good student (at least in our course otherwise I'd never say a thing/will of course respect his privacy), and while I wish he'd make better choices (do any of us actually know what he did for sure?) I just hate seeing us pile onto our players let alone a young man who respects the "student" component of "Student Athlete". Let me be clear here, I'm personally all in on Will as our QB, and I whole-heartedly agree that Treon's poor choices (whatever they were) have about pushed Mac to the point where he won't have any choice should something else occur, but I'm just imploring us all to maybe take a cue from Mac's example (yeah, I'm sure there is a good deal of PR in play but still...) of not taking it so personally. The kid screwed up, but as Mac pointed out, he's contributed a great deal to this wonderfully cohesive, tight-knit team, and who knows how much HE NEEDS the support of his brothers in that locker room to maybe make better choices as he moves forward. Coach, and the team are ready to welcome he and Tabor back, and help them learn from their mistakes. Maybe we as fans (kinda' like the almost 10,000 that left/gave up last night) can have a little more patience as well?

So ends my sermon. We just talk so much about inside information, and all I can say is the kid takes care of business in his academic life. That indicates to me that he's got a pretty solid head on his shoulders. Maybe cut him some slack, and see how this plays out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News