ADVERTISEMENT

MAX BROWN time - Let's go!!

As I said before the season began, having a dual threat QB makes the RB's job easier and it helps the OL with their blocking assignments. The LB's can't key on the RB's because of the QB run threat.

Also, the fact that Max is an excellent passer (see his HS & UF stats), the DB's have to be careful when crowding the line for runs, because they can get beat deep on a run/pass option play.

IMO, this is not a Mertz vs Brown contest, it's which is better with the current OL, and with Billy's game planning and play calling..... It's more a question of which TYPE of QB suits this roster better, a QB-pp or a QB-dt, no matter which individual QB is running the offense.

As to being a 'Team Leader,' the offensive players rallied behind Max pretty darn good/quick in the 4th Qtr, coming from behind to give UF a 31-30 lead, a definite credit to all of them. They all told him, 'We've Got Your Back,' so let's just go play, and Max rewarded their support with consecutive scoring drives on his arm and his legs....

If Max Brown is a somewhat better decision maker on the field than Anthony Richardson ever was, then I'm on the Max Brown bandwagon. He has the arm to go with his ability to run.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I'm on the bandwagon for the guy that can hopefully win lol. From reports he's not the best passer, though admittedly I haven't seen him.

Brown does have good wheels and is pretty shifty - makes quick decisions. He'll have a week to prep and FSU will know what's coming so this week will be interesting.

I'm on the bandwagon for the guy that can hopefully win lol. From reports he's not the best passer, though admittedly I haven't seen him.

Brown does have good wheels and is pretty shifty - makes quick decisions. He'll have a week to prep and FSU will know what's coming so this week will be interesting.

gbo, Forget the spurious reports and just look at his passing stats, both in HS and at UF....
The real question is this imo, can Max save Billy from himself, or not???
😉

Napier needs to go all out for this win. Brown needs to run enough option plays to where he can't get out of bed the next day. FSU will be expecting it but the FSU fans here claim they struggle with that even when they know it's coming.

From everything I've see so far, I think that Max will do okay. I'm just hoping that Billy & staff can put a good game plan together that fits his skills, and then make the correct calls on game day. We'll all see soon enough how it all goes. Billy Napier still has his chance to be a good HC for the Gators, I haven't given up on him,,, yet....

Like most, I don't think they will win it,,, but hope springs eternal as a long time Gator fan...
IF Max lights it up, then that will help confirm my opinions, and if not, it won't be the first time that I gave someone more credit for their potential than they deserved. Life goes on....

From everything I've see so far, I think that Max will do okay. I'm just hoping that Billy & staff can put a good game plan together that fits his skills, and then make the correct calls on game day. We'll all see soon enough how it all goes. Billy Napier still has his chance to be a good HC for the Gators, I haven't given up on him,,, yet....

Like most, I don't think they will win it,,, but hope springs eternal as a long time Gator fan...
IF Max lights it up, then that will help confirm my opinions, and if not, it won't be the first time that I gave someone more credit for their potential than they deserved. Life goes on....

We have to hope the defense decides to show up this game. Hopefully the home crowd can work some magic.

Reactions: instaGATOR

Game won't be up to Max, that's the great news. Gators have been putting up big numbers offensively so he just needs to be himself and play within the game plan and we should be ok. This game will be decided by the defense. We need to get stops and we need to hold them to under 30. If we can do that I think we can win.

Reactions: gatordad3
Gators head coach Billy Napier will tailor the offense to play to the strengths of redshirt freshman signal caller Max Brown. What will that look like? This will mark Brown's first start at the collegiate level after serving as a backup through 24 games. (with almost no actual playing time)

As Brown assumes the reins of the offense, head coach, offensive play-caller and quarterbacks coach Billy Napier is tasked with tailoring the attack to Brown's strengths.

Last edited:
Gators head coach Billy Napier will tailor the offense to play to the strengths of redshirt freshman signal caller Max Brown. What will that look like? This will mark Brown's first start at the collegiate level after serving as a backup through 24 games. (with almost no actual playing time)

As Brown assumes the reins of the offense, head coach, offensive play-caller and quarterbacks coach Billy Napier is tasked with tailoring the attack to Brown's strengths.

Hopefully Napier lets Brown throw the ball more than just a few yards beyond the line of scrimmage quite a few times in this game.

Wouldn't have been too difficult to design a 2-3 series each game. The good thing is there won't be much tape of Brown, so that could be an advantage.

Yep at least if there is some passing tendencies with Brown FSU didn't get to see it on tape.

Brown's legs and running ability open up a lot of options. Cue Billy to run the wishbone this weekend.:mad:

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Brown's legs and running ability open up a lot of options. Cue Billy to run the wishbone this weekend.:mad:

If there had been time to install it imagine having Brown rolling out with Wilson in the backfield as the pitch option. That would light a defense up that wasn't really prepared for it.

This might me the definition of a Baptism by Fire....

Enter the 4th Qtr behind @ #9 Mizzou.

First start
vs #4 FSUcks..... 😮

Reactions: Gator Fever
If there had been time to install it imagine having Brown rolling out with Wilson in the backfield as the pitch option. That would light a defense up that wasn't really prepared for it.
Fever, they could do that easily with a roll out run/pitch/pass option play....

Brown's first pass @ Mizzou was a hard roll-out hitting a crossing Pearsall on the numbers.
Then he hit Jackson on a quick slant dart for the 1st on a 4 down play.
Then he hit Jackson again on the deep sideline.
His passing looked very solid to me, reminiscent of his HS Sr season with 41 TD's to 4 Ints....

I may be trying to talk myself into believing that they could actually win this game and ruin the criminoles hopes for making the playoffs,,,,, which would also give them a much needed bowl game. Pleasant dreams anyway....

Reactions: NavigatorII

Brown's first pass @ Mizzou was a hard roll-out hitting a crossing Pearsall on the numbers.
His passing looked very solid to me, reminiscent of his HS Sr season with 41 TD's to 4 Ints....

I may be trying to talk myself into believing that they could actually win this game and ruin the criminoles hopes for making the playoffs,,,,, which would also give them a much needed bowl game. Pleasant dreams anyway....
I don't think it's a dream, IF the DBs could chew gum and walk. 😂

Highly doubt they will risk a rollout outside pitch option with this being Brown's first start but I would love them to do it though.

You should be allowed to name the starting qb every yr... you have been right every time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT