ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Stokes dropped

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
A video emerged with him using a racial slur. The hits keep coming in Gainesville.

Crazy. He's a 17 yr old kid si ging a song, no vile meaning behind it. It's as easy as someone saying, don't do that next time. You don't think he would learn from that and not do it again? Something like this is ridiculous to suspend, ban, or cancel someone for. Repeat offenders who are doing it in a harmful way I understand. I bet other players say the same word daily, if a blk player was singing and said "cracker" do you think he would get let go? No.

Crazy. He's a 17 yr old kid si ging a song, no vile meaning behind it. It's as easy as someone saying, don't do that next time. You don't think he would learn from that and not do it again? Something like this is ridiculous to suspend, ban, or cancel someone for. Repeat offenders who are doing it in a harmful way I understand. I bet other players say the same word daily, if a blk player was singing and said "cracker" do you think he would get let go? No.
I really wish the kid hadn't apologized, but rather called out the ludicrousness of the ridiculous double standard, BUT as a HS kid, trying to land a college schollie, he's not coming from a position of strength, so I get it ...

Agreed. Accept his apology for the FIRST offense and let him prove it was an error in judgment. My gosh.

Yeah if you're white, you really don't want to video yourself using the n word even if it's a rap song. You can easily skip over it . It's just a dumb thing to do and then to upload it is pretty ballsy.

Reactions: sadgator
I really wish the kid hadn't apologized, but rather called out the ludicrousness of the ridiculous double standard, BUT as a HS kid, trying to land a college schollie, he's not coming from a position of strength, so I get it ...
100 percent across the board. if he sang megan thee stallion, thot s..t, he also would have been removed.

uploading is perhaps a different item. Maybe.

You are 100% correct with what you said.

However the university and UFAD higher ups and legal department will unfortunately tell you this is not something you want to be associated with, especially in the world we currently live in. They erred on the side of caution.

Riley Cooper did the same thing (I mean basically) years ago and almost got canceled before canceled was even a thing.

This sucks.

Reactions: fsu939913
Riley Cooper did the same thing (I mean basically) years ago and almost got canceled before canceled was even a thing.

This sucks.
Haha, you serious, Clark? This kid sang a song lyric along with the song. RC used the n-word during an altercation at a public event (concert, I think) in the heat of the moment. That's pretty different contextually.

Agree with the last 2 points, about being almost canceled and it sucking ...

Agreed. Accept his apology for the FIRST offense and let him prove it was an error in judgment. My gosh.
Nick,

Could be an overreaction on my part - BUT -
1. getting rid of Stokes over nothing ?

2. Napier said all preseason - we will be a running team' then he puts in a stupid game plan against Vandy -
Setting AR up for a 400 yd passing game - good - if we win - but we didn't.

Was the game plan meant to entice NFL scouts & to get AR to jump to NFL; if this happens no feedback on Billy - AR just another kid leaving early for the money.

Is Billy trying to clear out the QB room so Rashada can come in & start at once ?

Florida football pulls scholarship offer from QB commit Marcus Stokes​

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/20/florida-football-recruiting-marcus-stokes-loses-offer/

Last edited:
No wonder the Chinese, and Russians are waiting another decade to just take over. We are so soft, I expect our military will be instructed to use their "safe space" to repel an invading force.

Reactions: EvilWayz
RC used the n-word during an altercation at a public event (concert, I think) in the heat of the moment. That's pretty different contextually.
It was a bad showing but let's be honest...black guy does the same thing and nobody gives a sh*t. Don't get me wrong...words matter and make a difference but people put way to much emphasis on every word that people say and then want to ruin someone over it too. It's out of control...and a complete mob mentality.

I just can't stand this society of pu$$ies that we live in today. Singing wrap lyrics??? how about cancel the artist?

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
It was a bad showing but let's be honest...black guy does the same thing and nobody gives a sh*t. Don't get me wrong...words matter and make a difference but people put way to much emphasis on every word that people say and then want to ruin someone over it too. It's out of control...and a complete mob mentality.

I just can't stand this society of pu$$ies that we live in today. Singing wrap lyrics??? how about cancel the artist?
I hate double standards of any nature ...

So much for avoiding politics. Not sure why that rule doesn’t apply to some people

Yeah, it's an overreaction, but I'm just amazed at the lack of social awareness by people nowadays. It's humongous, despite seeing people being "canceled" or whatever nearly every day, ESPECIALLY when it regards race.

I don't have tiktok, Instagram, twitter, snapchat, or any of those things and even I know how common it is that people get caught in these types of situations....so no way does a teen(who is likely neck deep) have an excuse of not being aware.

Last edited:
Ultimately, this was Napier's decision. I won't say I'm surprised, because outside of Urban Meyer I don't think any of the HCs in the last 20 years would have reacted differently if they were in this situation today.

One extreme or the other, really.

After Rashada committed to Canes, Marcus flipping from penn state was a savior !

he showed up every wekend to help recruit ! Without him, we would not have the class we MAY sign.

Now this foolishness about a young kid signing some lyrics (which he did not write) - makes no sense !

Not that Rashada MAY have come back, Napier wanted an excuse to kick Stokes out.

Disgusting !​

What happened to Bobby Bowden & running stadium steps for punishment ?

That was in The Swamp. More latitude in the other forums, where this thread was moved, as long as no rules are broken ...
Whatever. I’m so sick of politics I want to puke, but I’m refraining from responding, and I have plenty to say, in the name of keeping the peace. It would be nice if other people did as well. It could get nasty really quickly and we don’t need or want that.

Whatever. I’m so sick of politics I want to puke, but I’m refraining from responding, and I have plenty to say, in the name of keeping the peace. It would be nice if other people did as well. It could get nasty really quickly and we don’t need or want that.
Cool. In the Locker Room and The Parking Lot we ask for civility and no name calling. Since TLR is moderated by @PacoGator19, he might be able to tell you more specifics ...

I
Cool. In the Locker Room and The Parking Lot we ask for civility and no name calling. Since TLR is moderated by @PacoGator19, he might be able to tell you more specifics ...
knew the parking lot allowed political stuff but I didn’t think we allowed it in our forums. I sure af wish we didn’t, but I’ll keep that in mind

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT