ADVERTISEMENT

Mac, please resign immediately

GatorsFanYeah

Rowdy Reptile
Dec 3, 2005
You just lost to Ed Orgeron, one of the absolute worst coaches in SEC history. What's his record in SEC games now, like 3-40? Good god, what a joke. How do you lose to this LSU team at home? You're a terrible coach, go away.

Reactions: GatorNation79
This team is very limited and now we gave up over 200 yards rushing to a team that couldn't even beat Troy at home and had 3 true freshmen playing on the O line much of the game.

Who should they go after then, Frost, Kelly, Strong? Who could be a slam dunk Saban or Meyer hire here? Then how do we hang onto our recruits? I'm not arguing, I just want Saturday's to be fun again as far as a fan.

There IS chance.

If we lose three straight (and watching TAMU and UGA that’s probably likely), we go into FSU with 4 losses, and FSU is starting to look a lot better.

That’s 5 losses, and we really don’t know what the knew AD will do.

Foley wouldn’t fire him, but the new guy? Who knows? He might be willing to cut and run and delve into the UAA pockets.

If nothing is going to change, things could get ugly from the fan base, and especially the boosters.

See you guys during Basketball, Softball and Baseball season. I am out and done with Florida Football until they change the Coaching staff.

One thing is for certain, the pistol offense has ruined this game I USE to love watching and playing!!! Time to move on and time to fine something else to do instead of wasting my time in watching whatever scheme they call this. I quit watching the NFL some time ago, nothing to do with the kneeling, I just seen some years ago how over paid these athletes were getting paid. So see ya guys later until round ball...

Urban Meyer is a GENIUS compared to what we have currently!!! That is the FACT..

There IS chance.

If we lose three straight (and watching TAMU and UGA that’s probably likely), we go into FSU with 4 losses, and FSU is starting to look a lot better.

Foley wouldn’t fire him, but the new guy? Who knows? He might be willing to cut and run and delve into the UAA pockets.

If nothing is going to change, things could get ugly from the fan base, and especially the boosters.

Why wouldn't Foley fire him? He fired Steve and he had a better record!!!!

UCF is already up 13-0 just 5 minutes into the game. They already have 150 yards of offense. Frost goes for 2 from time to time just like Oregon used to do on occasion.

You just lost to Ed Orgeron, one of the absolute worst coaches in SEC history. What's his record in SEC games now, like 3-40? Good god, what a joke. How do you lose to this LSU team at home? You're a terrible coach, go away.

I hear the cookie monster sales are on a rise for some odd reason..

UCF is already up 13-0 just 5 minutes into the game. They already have 150 yards of offense. Frost goes for 2 from time to time just like Oregon used to do on occasion.

Paco- i think you would pay the buyout if we could get Frost (and I mean that as a compliment because Frost is the real deal)

Why wouldn't Foley fire him? He fired Steve and he had a better record!!!!

Maybe instead of watching other sports, you should watch more football.

Seeing as you think the problems are the pistol and not recruiting fullbacks (which isn’t even a true position anymore) and somewhere in that brain I assume you have you believe Foley FIRED STEVE SPURRIER.

Yeah, Title IX might be more your speed.

Reactions: EvilWayz
There IS chance.

I doubt it will happen now. Getting those close wins against Tenn and KY saved Mac for another season probably and just Nuss will be fired.

Fear of getting somebody worse as well as losing the top committed recruits will keep Mr Ed safely in his job. Only way to keep the recruits happy and even improve would be to get some former U/F star to come back and take over. I don't know of any Ex-Lizerds in the coaching ranks other than former R/B Robert Gillespie who is UT's R/B coach. I'm sure there are some out there. But not H/C material and Tebow is busy playing baseball.( I'd personally take him over Botch Jones any day. But I'm prejudiced. I think my dog could coach better than Jones)

That is what is going on in Knoxville with Botch Jones. As lousy as he is, he will be back next season.

Do what it takes to get Frost before Nebraska snatches him up.

If not possible go after Norvell.

Sure just watching an occasional game here and there or looking at box scores the first thing one says is "lack of defense"...that could hold true but his first season at Memphis he was replacing multiple starters and this season injuries have depleted the defense. I mean currently their best LBer is Austin Hall and that guy isn't your typical LBer size. The guy puts up video game type stats on offense. With a UF budget to hire a top notch DC, it could be glory.

Take away the depleted defense, his teams have great special teams with two kick return TD's already this year and one punter with a good average and a short yardage punter who has great net punting numbers. His best WR is former Walk On and his QB was a UT reject. He develops players pretty damn good.

Mac aint going nowhere imho. His first two seasons bought him a 4th. But he has to can his buddy nuss. If he doesnt, next year will be his last

Reactions: instaGATOR
Fear of getting somebody worse as well as losing the top committed recruits will keep Mr Ed safely in his job. Only way to keep the recruits happy and even improve would be to get some former U/F star to come back and take over. I don't know of any Ex-Lizerds in the coaching ranks other than former R/B Robert Gillespie who is UT's R/B coach. I'm sure there are some out there.

Kerwin Bell is currently at Valdosta State. 8-3 last year and an impressive record at Jacksonville U as well.

Atmosphere and culture needs a major overhaul. That stems from the head man.
1) The suspended players are a result of an atmosphere where there is no fear of mcelwain. No one else has 10 players suspended. Leadership and program culture issue.
2) Strength and conditioning needs to be looked at. Too soft, too many injuries, and just not a tough team. Watch other games, no one has as many injury time outs as we do.
3) recruiting tougher kids that may be less primadonna athletic but are blue collar
You also may have a full roster as kids aren’t leaving to go pro after year three
4) The way you win today is a homerun hire. Urban was one. Spend the money get the big name. Mcelwain wasn’t a homerun and is not a top level SEC coach.
And I know Dannygator gets sick of me saying it but the lack of discipline program wide on and off the field is tell tale of a poorly run program from the top.

Atmosphere and culture needs a major overhaul. That stems from the head man.
1) The suspended players are a result of an atmosphere where there is no fear of mcelwain. No one else has 10 players suspended. Leadership and program culture issue.
2) Strength and conditioning needs to be looked at. Too soft, too many injuries, and just not a tough team. Watch other games, no one has as many injury time outs as we do.
3) recruiting tougher kids that may be less primadonna athletic but are blue collar
You also may have a full roster as kids aren’t leaving to go pro after year three
4) The way you win today is a homerun hire. Urban was one. Spend the money get the big name. Mcelwain wasn’t a homerun and is not a top level SEC coach.
And I know Dannygator gets sick of me saying it but the lack of discipline program wide on and off the field is tell tale of a poorly run program from the top.

You’re just exaggerating the “lack of discipline.”

That’s been a problem for a very, very long time.

You seem to see every miss step as a discipline issue that is unique to this team and staff.

Like I said.

Chill.

Kerwin Bell is currently at Valdosta State. 8-3 last year and an impressive record at Jacksonville U as well.

Kerwin is getting a little long in the tooth. (that makes me ancient, I watched him play QB and am older) He learned offense from Galen Hall and Galen really was a good offensive coordinator just not a great head coach. I have no idea how suited Kerwin would be to being HBC of UF but he'd be light years better than Nuss as OC. This I can guarantee you.

UCF only has 385 yards of offense and 37 points at halftime
So far they’ve scored on their first 8 possessions tonight.
Florida couldn’t score 8 straight times against air.

Seriously, does ANYBODY here think the mighty Gators could put 51 points on any D1 team in 2 1/2 quarters? Ever? Since 2009 we’ve been pathetic. The common thread? Saban copycats trying to run an outdated offense that SABAN DOESNT EVEN RUN ANYMORE!!!!!!!

Reactions: ceilo77
At least no one is hysterical.

This is going to be a shit year.

We win that game if we had Cleveland and Calloway.

We didn't we lost. Shit happens.

Georgia is going to come into Jax and go Harvey Weinstein on us.

Lets not overlook A&m, but yes Uga will hang 40 plus

Georgia is going to kick our doors in. I don't know if Kirby Smart is going to be a great HBC but Georgia is legit this year. They are going to physically pound us.

If Mac can squeak out 7 wins (hell, maybe even 6 wins with one less cupcake game), I'd say give him another year. Nussmeier, on the other hand, needed his walking papers about 18 months ago.

Reactions: GordonGecko
See you guys during Basketball, Softball and Baseball season. I am out and done with Florida Football until they change the Coaching staff.

One thing is for certain, the pistol offense has ruined this game I USE to love watching and playing!!! Time to move on and time to fine something else to do instead of wasting my time in watching whatever scheme they call this. I quit watching the NFL some time ago, nothing to do with the kneeling, I just seen some years ago how over paid these athletes were getting paid. So see ya guys later until round ball...

Urban Meyer is a GENIUS compared to what we have currently!!! That is the FACT..
Urban Meyer is a genius compared to anyone. Not a great sentence to end with there.

Kerwin is getting a little long in the tooth. (that makes me ancient, I watched him play QB and am older) He learned offense from Galen Hall and Galen really was a good offensive coordinator just not a great head coach. I have no idea how suited Kerwin would be to being HBC of UF but he'd be light years better than Nuss as OC. This I can guarantee you.
I was by no means suggesting that Kerwin become our HC. Was just replying to MD speaking of former Gators coaching at college positions. But yes, Kerwin would be a better OC than the guy we have right now. But darn near anyone in the college ranks is better than Nuss.

Seriously, does ANYBODY here think the mighty Gators could put 51 points on any D1 team in 2 1/2 quarters? Ever? Since 2009 we’ve been pathetic. The common thread? Saban copycats trying to run an outdated offense that SABAN DOESNT EVEN RUN ANYMORE!!!!!!!
UCF could honestly kick our butts right now. They are the second (if not the best) college school in the state right now. They'd beat FSU and give Miami a run for their money.

I have said this for 7 years now, but hell, lets keep at it by all means

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT