ADVERTISEMENT

LSU game is officially ON for Nov. 19th (link)

And you think that why? Seems like a pretty good match-up to me

Our weaknesses play into their strengths. Small D line overall, LSU usually shuts screen type dink and dunk passing plays down pretty good, Miles gone and using a wider variety of sets now.

I'm never going to understand why Florida wouldn't have just moved the game to BR in the first place and saved everyone the aggravation... unless it really was about avoiding the game while dealing with all of those injuries.

FWIW, LSU is currently without two starting OL, a starting OLB, a starting safety, a starting DL and the 2nd best RB in the country all due to injury so it probably would have been a pretty fair fight... looking forward to seeing you guys in Baton Rouge, just like South Carolina last season!

Fixed it for ya

So we didn't just go there last weekend because......??????????
Because then we would have had to play three consecutive conference games on the road. You know, the same reason why LSU did not want to come to Gainesville on 11/19.

Anyone that thinks that LSU wasn't looking to steal a game is naive.

Ripped from twitter (all but the first & last from Foley's PC):

Coach O: I want to thank our administration on fighting hard for (Florida) game.

AD Foley said LSU got what it wanted from the start of the week.

“LSU had drawn a line in the sand.’’ — Foley on negotiations to reschedule LSU game

SEC office thanked Florida, the Sun Belt, Karl Benson, Presbyterian. Did not thank LSU.

Anyone that thinks that LSU wasn't looking to steal a game is naive.

Ripped from twitter (all but the first & last from Foley's PC):

Coach O: I want to thank our administration on fighting hard for (Florida) game.

AD Foley said LSU got what it wanted from the start of the week.

“LSU had drawn a line in the sand.’’ — Foley on negotiations to reschedule LSU game

SEC office thanked Florida, the Sun Belt, Karl Benson, Presbyterian. Did not thank LSU.

LSU wanted to play in Gainesville last weekend. Like everyone else dealing with the storm did. Like LSU did after two CAT 4 storms hit our state in 2005. No one at LSU felt like playing UT after Katrina and Rita especially on a Monday, but they did because Slive told them to.

I dont blame UF, but Sankey crapped his pants last week. he should have told UF the game is postponed until Sunday. then if something terrible happens in Gainesville, it is postponed indefinitely. Zero reason to do that on Thursday when they did. Dumb and now UF and LSU both got screwed....

sadgator when he heard that Foley had agreed to have this year's game in Baton Rouge...

nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

Reactions: TheRealJoePistone29
LSU wanted to play in Gainesville last weekend. Like everyone else dealing with the storm did. Like LSU did after two CAT 4 storms hit our state in 2005. No one at LSU felt like playing UT after Katrina and Rita especially on a Monday, but they did because Slive told them to.

I dont blame UF, but Sankey crapped his pants last week. he should have told UF the game is postponed until Sunday. then if something terrible happens in Gainesville, it is postponed indefinitely. Zero reason to do that on Thursday when they did. Dumb and now UF and LSU both got screwed....

Total dodge of my post. I don't blame you though. LSU just got knocked down a few rungs in the eyes of the SEC.

To anybody who ever thought our permanent cross-division foe wasn't much of a rivalry, sadgator thinks that pretty much just got taken care of...this is the kind of crap that spans generations of ill-will.

It's pretty obvious it's more of a rivalry to LSU than to UF.

The whiny bitchy LSU fans are doing their best FSU fan impression.

It's so funny. They really showed their asses.

They get to play us in BR, yet they are still bleeding about it.

It's pretty obvious it's more of a rivalry to LSU than to UF.

The whiny bitchy LSU fans are doing their best FSU fan impression.

It's so funny. They really showed their asses.

They get to play us in BR, yet they are still bleeding about it.

Well, they have nothing else to do, their admin is a dumpster fire, and they have been in turmoil since Miles was fired and then unfired last fall.

sadgator loves that they are getting lambasted in the media over this...

if we could somehow, someway pull off a win in that game, it would be epic.

They are too stupid to realize that they are wrong in this whole thing.

I really do not understand the big deal about the game being delayed and played in BR.

How are they still crying?

Are they THAT scared of Luke Del Rio? They can't possibly be that pathetic, can they?

Reactions: GatorGray
They are too stupid to realize that they are wrong in this whole thing.

I really do not understand the big deal about the game being delayed and played in BR.

How are they still crying?

Are they THAT scared of Luke Del Rio? They can't possibly be that pathetic, can they?

Colonel Angus aka Gaylord Focker speaks.

K Y S

These three statements and photo of the BR newspaper (Front page headlines announcing it is AT HOME) tell all:

Thomas Goldkamp ‏@ThomasGoldkamp 4m4 minutes ago
South Alabama offered to move its homecoming game on LSU's bye week to another date. LSU said no dice -

Foley: "It became abundantly clear this was going to be a difficult negotiation, LSU had drawn a line in the sand and was refusing to consider any other options presented except those consistent with the line they had drawn."

CuvC6lXUEAAYauA.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out what concessions Florida made or how they got jerked around. All I see is win for them. They got to dodge LSU while they were beat up and get a bonus SEC home game next year... basically they just missed the Presby game this year and insurance is going to cover that anyway.

If you really don't see the concessions Florida made, you are a moron

Why are you guys arguing with the LSUers? They are right, they got shafted. We made them our bitch.

And the hits against LSU keep coming:

Sankey talked to reporters in Columbia, S.C., where the University of South Carolina's Board of Trustees was meeting. One of his themes was the importance of fostering a family atmosphere in the league, something that was compromised, he said, by LSU athletic director Joe Alleva's so-called "line in the sand" refusal to reschedule the game – a UF home game – anywhere but at his Tiger Stadium.

"It is difficult to come to conclusions when we're publicly stating lines in the sand. We can't do that," Sankey said. "I give great credit to Jeremy Foley, great credit for when we reached an impasse, stepping forward and I think in the best interests of the conference, showing a willingness to make an adjustment to this year's schedule, flips next year's game as well obviously, but it moved us forward.

LINK

Reactions: sadgator and 46885
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT