ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of smoke

Just like Kevin Sumlin and Butch Jones, Mac has very few supporters at the moment. When it gets to the point where it seems the majority of fans would opt to see you lose than win, you are likely in trouble.

The administration’s response to his accusations also seem to point toward likely frustrations prior to the now infamous presser. I just can’t imagine they would have released such a firm and direct statement if the relationship was amicable prior to this most recent issue.

Couple that with his whiny, aw shucks personality and it wears on people rather quickly. If he doesn’t feel comfortable talking to the media about the death threats...fine, but you sure as hell need to inform your employer.

Why do you and a few other always feel the need to contend with me on any post that I make here? Oh, because you're desperate for attention and have to make everything about you? Carry on then... :rolleyes:

I realize that carrying on this conversation is pointless, but why jump into a thread, post a bunch of dancing monkeys and call everyone in it a circle jerker, except to get a response?

Pro-Mac, neutral Mac, or anti-Mac, in the best interests of the Gator football program we all need to lay low and shut up and keep our dirty laundry to ourselves (i'm guilty)...we look like a bunch of fools

Reactions: sadgator
Pro-Mac, neutral Mac, or anti-Mac, in the best interests of the Gator football program we all need to lay low and shut up and keep our dirty laundry to ourselves (i'm guilty)...we look like a bunch of fools

Nothing that is posted on these boards impacts the football program by even .0000001 percent. We do look like fools, but it has nothing to do with posts on a message board.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
giphy.gif

I realize that carrying on this conversation is pointless, but why jump into a thread, post a bunch of dancing monkeys and call everyone in it a circle jerker, except to get a response?

That is the enigma, wrapped in a mystery, shrouded in a puzzle, smothered with secret sauce that is Instagator.

Tread carefully. When you look into the Abyss, the Abyss looks into you.

Last edited:

So let me get this straight, a bunch of free message board posters are looking like fools. Meanwhile our HBC has humiliated the university by exaggerating/lying about death threats to gwt sympathy that he can’t coach and is now getting drug through the mud nationally. This has brought out now that the UAA loathes him, staffers have now publicly confirmed that he ran off Grier because he wanted to start LDR and he refuses to cooperate with the admin on any of this.

Yeah, we better tone it down, because outside of the message boards UF football looks great

Last edited:
Paco’s 100% right. It is a bad reflection on all of us. Trust sadgator, he has as much concern and negative feelings about the current coaches as anyvbody, but it really isn’t serving us well to continually bash them. sadgator is guilty too...but it is like we are feeding into this negative energy train wreck...it is about as far from “in all kinds of weather” as we can get. Not good

Paco’s 100% right. It is a bad reflection on all of us. Trust sadgator, he has as much concern and negative feelings about the current coaches as anyvbody, but it really isn’t serving us well to continually bash them. sadgator is guilty too...but it is like we are feeding into this negative energy train wreck...it is about as far from “in all kinds of weather” as we can get. Not good

This is all totally standard. Good program hires bad coach. Coach sucks. Fans bitch. Coach gets fired. It's fine.

In the big picture, Mac at Florida won't be a blip on the radar screen, and these message boards are completely inconsequential. Bottom line is winning cures everything, and once we get someone in here who knows how to win, this will all be forgotten. Winning straightened out Penn St. I think we'll be ok.

First and foremost...before any person on this board posts one more word about Mac, it should be absolutely required that you watch today’s press conference (sadgator is posting it below)...if you don’t...and we will go on the honor system...you really should have no right to criticize this guy...

Mac made a mistake. He openly admitted it. We need to acknowledge that. You can be as critical as you want about Mac’s coaching decisions, but sadgator accepts Mac’s explanation on this issue. We all should.

He overreacted. We have all done it. He has admitted his mistake.

After you watch this video...if you believe that Mac is done, or if you believe he doesn’t love our program and players then you aren’t listening to him. He will not quit on this team. He will not resign. He is committed to these players and he is committed to this team being the best it can be. sadgator does not want him to fail...no one should...watch the video before you speak...listen to his words...they are genuine...

I get that. I guess I just don't see excitement in having to start over again and wait another couple years to compete again. I know it's necessary and I think he should be gone, but I don't feel like I need to celebrate that our program has fallen this far and we are going to be in rebuild mode again. It's actually kind of depressing.
If we get a winner we will be a LOT better the 1st season. Coaches that win do it right away.

That is the enigma, wrapped in a mystery, shrouded in a puzzle, smothered with secret sauce that is Instagator.

Oh lawd...you know Insta is in a basement somewhere posting in nothing but his nuthuggers.

Hard pass. Nothing he has to say interests me. Win or gtfo. I've heard enough "uhhhhms," "And yet..." without actually answering anything to last me a lifetime. I don't waste my time listening to bullshit and ain't about to start now. Mac is a politician. No more or less.

Hard pass. Nothing he has to say interests me. Win or gtfo. I've heard enough "uhhhhms," "And yet..." without actually answering anything to last me a lifetime. I don't waste my time listening to bullshit and ain't about to start now. Mac is a politician. No more or less.

I don't even think he's a politician. I just think he's not that bright and only knows how to communicate by stringing together coachspeak cliches that he's heard other people use.

I don't necessarily want him to fail, but I think he's going to. We're in year three and he has yet to put a competent offense on the field with any consistency. And the defense is trending worse, the further away we get from Muschamp's players.

The death threat thing was absolutely ridiculous. I'll move on, since he's basically admitted he made it up. But he's still not owning it. Apologizing for letting "the noise and clutter" get to you is still blaming other people for your screw up.

The only thing I feel bad about is that the goon is an embarrassment to himself and doesn’t realize it. Time to head back to the Mountain West where no one cares. An SEC coach he is not.

So let me get this straight, a bunch of free message board posters are looking like fools. Meanwhile our HBC has humiliated the university by exaggerating/lying about death threats to gwt sympathy that he can’t coach and is now getting drug through the mud nationally. This has brought out now that the UAA loathes him, staffers have now publicly confirmed that he ran off Grier because he wanted to start LDR and he refuses to cooperate with the admin on any of this.

Yeah, we better tone it down, because outside of the message boards UF football looks great

As usual, Michi, you missed my whole point

As usual, Michi, you missed my whole point

Paco, the damage is done, he humiliated himself and the university. The boosters and UAA despise him. Stricklin doesn’t want to retain him.

The money excuse is out the door, its there. And even before the bafoon made this stupid remarks it was being discussed how to get him out. In no way before or after Monday, is it a guarantee he sees next year.

So no, message board posters aren’t changing anything. The guy made an ass of himself of himself and UF, and nothing here can change that

The boosters and UAA despise him. Stricklin doesn’t want to retain him.

The money excuse is out the door, its there. And even before the bafoon made this stupid remarks it was being discussed how to get him out.
How do you know this? Do you work in the UAA or know someone that does or are you just making stuff up based on reading some other message board.

I know somebody who works very close to the UAA and was just up there yesterday to hang out with Mike White and the basketball operations as well as some football related items and much of what you just said is not factual.

I suggest you take a wait and see approach and see what happens and not your current stance at this time. We saw how that worked out on your Gouraige comment.

Mac very well may not be here next year but your putting the cart before the horse again

How do you know this? Do you work in the UAA or know someone that does or are you just making stuff up based on reading some other message board.

I know somebody who works very close to the UAA and was just up there yesterday to hang out with Mike White and the basketball operations as well as some football related items and much of what you just said is not factual.

I suggest you take a wait and see approach and see what happens and not your current stance at this time. We saw how that worked out on your Gouraige comment.

Mac very well may not be here next year but your putting the cart before the horse again

I know nothing but 5 days ago you said every thread was dumb because Mac WOULD be here in 2018 regardless of what happened.

I know nothing but 5 days ago you said every thread was dumb because Mac WOULD be here in 2018 regardless of what happened.
That was also before this latest incident had happened but I also know Stricklin and the UAA don't despise McElwain like you stated. He may not be a good football coach for UF but he isn't despised by people at the school. Those are strong words.

That was also before this latest incident had happened but I also know Stricklin and the UAA don't despise McElwain like you stated. He may not be a good football coach for UF but he isn't despised by people at the school. Those are strong words.

His arrogance is not well accepted. I read a couple years ago the other varsity coaches did mot associate with him. I have been told Stricklin is not a fan. Actually from what I have heard his arrogance is a bigger issue than his inability to coach. A good drubbing Saturday and none of this will matter

NoW Paco, I know you know some people that talk to people inside. I have heard that the person that the higher ups absolutely adore is Randy. Have you heard anything along these lines?

Last edited:

I don't know if Andy Staples knows anyone in the UAA, or if he's just speaking generally, but I think his take is pretty right on:

when Florida’s athletic department released this statement Monday afternoon: “The University Athletic Association takes the safety of our student-athletes, coaches, staff and families very seriously. Our administration met with Coach McElwain this afternoon and he offered no additional details.”

Someone very high up had to approve the wording of that statement, because it amounts to a very public distancing from the head football coach by the athletic department administration. That is a sign of an unhappy union. Typically, a situation like this would cause strife behind the scenes, but any public-facing correspondence would imply unity. This did not, and that wasn’t an accident.

I’ve said all season that McElwain’s two SEC East titles and his $12.5 million buyout would absolutely keep his job safe this year. Now I’m not so sure. If he can’t get along with the administration, it’s difficult to imagine the administration protecting him when much of the fan base wants a change. I may call Florida fans the nation’s most spoiled—because two all-time great coaches provided most of the program’s success in a short time—but they aren’t wrong here. The Gators won a weak East twice, but under McElwain they have yet to look capable of truly competing for an SEC or national title. Fair or unfair, that’s the expectation at Florida.

His arrogance is not well accepted. I read a couple years ago the other varsity coaches did mot associate with him. I have been told Stricklin is not a fan. Actually from what I have heard his areogance is a bigger issue than his inability to coach. A good drubbing Saturday and none of this will matter
Arrogant?? He's not arrogant? Spurrier or Meyer were arrogant. We need a coach with some arrogance.

He's a very laid back aw shucks type of guy and pretty easy going. He's certainly not arrogant.

Arrogance is one trait we are missing.

Reactions: EvilWayz
We need a coach with an arrogant step on your throat and not letting up type of mentality.

Shannon is well liked but he certainly isn't head coach material either.

I still believe he won't get out and out fired this year. Now could some kind of negotiation take place where both parties agree to part ways. Yes I could see that happening. I don't think you will see any kind of interim head coach situation happening this year.

Last edited:
We need a coach with an arrogant step on your throat and not letting up type of mentality.

Shannon is well liked but he certainly isn't head coach material either.

No. I was in no way insinuating Randy would be the next head coach. I’ve just heard that he is one of the more respected people on that staff. It sounds kind a like that too they deal with

No. I was in no way insinuating Randy would be the next head coach. I’ve just heard that he is one of the more respected people on that staff. It sounds kind a like that too they deal with
Well yes he's the most experienced coach on the staff with the best "resume", etc.The other assistant coaches have nowhere near the experience Randy has.

Paco, TOS has a great article on how UAA and Mac have never gotten along, how he offended the other coaches early on and how it has all worsened since Stricklin was hired. Not a bunch of he said, she said, but a true article. Its pretty clear Mac is not well liked by the adminstration and for reasons well beyond the field.

Lets just say we are not in ‘if’ mode, its just a matter of ‘when’.

Paco, TOS has a great article on how UAA and Mac have never gotten along, how he offended the other coaches early on and how it has all worsened since Stricklin was hired. Not a bunch of he said, she said, but a true article. Its pretty clear Mac is not well liked by the adminstration and for reasons well beyond the field.

Lets just say we are not in ‘if’ mode, its just a matter of ‘when’.

Have you heard this is the AD's short list if a change was made?

Mullen, Frost, Dino Babers and Norvell - I doubt Norvell would fly right now.

One thing about Mac, he is a survivior, a whiny survivor. Just when it looks like he's crapped his pants to the point where he's going to get blown out of his job, he falls ass backward into a win. It happened last year at LSU. It wouldn't surprise me if it happens this Saturday. They will have to drag him kicking and screaming out of his office.

I think he's saying in a nutshell any time you have to fire a coach midseason, it means your program isn't in a good place. So from that standpoint it's not something to celebrate, which I agree with.

But I also agree that firing that coach who has the program in a bad place is worth celebrating on its own.

Such a simple post, yet so very correct!

Actually, it is more of sham of a mockery...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT