ADVERTISEMENT

LOL UGA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say both AJ and Julio are good NFL WR's.

Derek Henry still has a career ahead of him so to say he is not on the Herschel level is too premature. Herschel only had two 1,000 rushing seasons during his NFL career. He did kick arse in the USFL. Henry has already put together two 1,000 rushing yard seasons in his young 4 year career.
We talking college or pro? I'm talking about college. But take a look at Herschel's all-purpose yardage in the NFL.

I'll say both AJ and Julio are good NFL WR's.

Derek Henry still has a career ahead of him so to say he is not on the Herschel level is too premature. Herschel only had two 1,000 rushing seasons during his NFL career. He did kick arse in the USFL. Henry has already put together two 1,000 rushing yard seasons in his young 4 year career.

Henry is much better pro back, that isn't even debatable. And I think by the time his NFL career is done there will be plenty of people that will suddenly 'remember' him being better than Herschel in college as well.

Not sure, but I think Kirby will get us one. When can I expect Mullen to beat Kirby?

This argument I could understand in January of 2018, just missing a NC a few days earlier.

It makes zero sense in January of 2020. Too much 4th and Kirby. Hear that guy that quit Wake Forrest could save the season, tho...

Much better chance Mullen beats the dawgs this upcoming season versus you guys ending your 40 year title drought....I do appreciate you downgrading your expectations to "I think" vs what has been spewing from you dawgs...
That's not really much of a stretch. Can't disagree.

This, I have no shame of admitting. I was in Jr High the last time he torched us.

Herschel and Bo both benefited from playing in one of the worst decades ever for the SEC. They stood out because they were playing against kids that were marginally better than high schoolers. They were both great talents, but most of their opponents were scrubs at best.

Case in point: How many NCs has the SEC won in the last 10 years? How many did it win in the 80s?

Henry dominating the SEC in 2015 is legit. Herschel and Bo doing so in 1985 is a little less so.

Reactions: gatordad3
We talking college or pro? I'm talking about college. But take a look at Herschel's all-purpose yardage in the NFL.
If we are talking college, Henry rushed for over 2,000 yards and 28 TD's in one single season. Something Herschel never did. However Herschel has a badass 3 year career.

As far as NFL, yes Walker was a hell of an all around player but Derrick Henry so far is a hell of a RB.

Walker was a very good player. He was also instrumental in being a part of the trade that turned the Dallas Cowboys into a dynasty and the Cowboys landing the eventual NFL all-time leading rush by the name of Emmitt Smith.

Walker was a very good player. He was also instrumental in being a part of the trade that turned the Dallas Cowboys into a dynasty and the Cowboys landing the eventual NFL all-time leading rush by the name of Emmitt Smith.

That was more about the Vikings front office being idiots. I believe that's regarded as the most one-sided NFL trade of all time.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Walker was probably the best college player I've seen. I was in the stadium for the 80-82 games and watched him run all over us. The only highlight was Wilbur Marshal knocking Walker's helmet off on a beastly hit.

If we are talking college, Henry rushed for over 2,000 yards and 28 TD's in one single season. Something Herschel never did. However Herschel has a badass 3 year career.

As far as NFL, yes Walker was a hell of an all around player but Derrick Henry so far is a hell of a RB.
In Herschel’s day only regular season games counted. Had he had a 12th game, SECC, and playoff games he could have easily broke 2000 yds. Henry has taken over the games I have watched him in this season. Would not want to have to tackle him.

Yeah it’s a joke! I’m about to run Gwinnett for even trying the woe is me comments as if he is oblivious to what his own fan base is doing over here.
Yeah it’s a joke! I’m about to run Gwinnett for even trying the woe is me comments as if he is oblivious to what his own fan base is doing over here.
please don’t run them Paco. Some of their comments are very entertaining.

Reactions: gatordad3
In Herschel’s day only regular season games counted. Had he had a 12th game, SECC, and playoff games he could have easily broke 2000 yds. Henry has taken over the games I have watched him in this season. Would not want to have to tackle him.
As much as I enjoyed watching Herschel play, he also benefitted from an offense that averaged no more than 3-4 passing attempts per game. Same with Bo Jackson but in the wishbone.

That was more about the Vikings front office being idiots. I believe that's regarded as the most one-sided NFL trade of all time.

Only because Dallas did a lot with the picks. Johnson was a wheeler dealer, and used the picks to help him draft Emmitt Smith, Russell Maryland, Kevin Smith and Darrin Woodson. I mean, there were other pieces, but these were the impact players. The rest only lasted a year or two in Dallas.

Trading Walker just for Emmitt Smith would have been a steal for Dallas (as it turned out). but Maryland, Woodson and Kevin Smith too? Wow.

But as I said, it's only because Dallas got all those impact players. If they had drafted a bunch of guys who didn't do much, then it wouldn't be remembered quite this way.

A modern day example of a one-sided trade is the Jag sending Jalen Ramsay to the Rams for two firsts and a second. But nobody will remember this because the Jags will do nothing with the picks and continue to suck. Well, they will probably get one decent guy, so it won't turn out to be one sided in favor of the Rams.

But here is a VERY one sided trade that didn't start out that way. The jags traded with the Patriots to get a third round pick, and gave up a 7th that year and a 2nd the next year. The Jags got a decent CB named Derrick Cox with the 3rd round pick, and the Patriots got Julian Adelman and Gronk with their two picks. Think about that.

Only because Dallas did a lot with the picks. Johnson was a wheeler dealer, and used the picks to help him draft Emmitt Smith, Russell Maryland, Kevin Smith and Darrin Woodson. I mean, there were other pieces, but these were the impact players. The rest only lasted a year or two in Dallas.

Trading Walker just for Emmitt Smith would have been a steal for Dallas (as it turned out). but Maryland, Woodson and Kevin Smith too? Wow.

But as I said, it's only because Dallas got all those impact players. If they had drafted a bunch of guys who didn't do much, then it wouldn't be remembered quite this way.

A modern day example of a one-sided trade is the Jag sending Jalen Ramsay to the Rams for two firsts and a second. But nobody will remember this because the Jags will do nothing with the picks and continue to suck. Well, they will probably get one decent guy, so it won't turn out to be one sided in favor of the Rams.

But here is a VERY one sided trade that didn't start out that way. The jags traded with the Patriots to get a third round pick, and gave up a 7th that year and a 2nd the next year. The Jags got a decent CB named Derrick Cox with the 3rd round pick, and the Patriots got Julian Adelman and Gronk with their two picks. Think about that.

The trade raised eyebrows just for the sheer number of picks the Vikings gave up to get Walker. Who never lived up to expectations in Minnesota. Then again when you give away half your future picks, how could he? What was it, 7 picks for a RB in the twilight of his career? Desperation move, which the Cowboys happily took advantage of.

The trade raised eyebrows just for the sheer number of picks the Vikings gave up to get Walker. Who never lived up to expectations in Minnesota. Then again when you give away half your future picks, how could he? What was it, 7 picks for a RB in the twilight of his career? Desperation move, which the Cowboys happily took advantage of.
I think there were 11 players total.

I think there were 11 players total.

Cowboys fan here...yes, it sucks right now.

I think they got like 6-8 picks total for Hershel but that was back with the NFL had the Plan B free agents. The Cow pokes traded a couple of the 6-8 for another couple of later picks.

I do think all in the Cowboys parlayed Hershel into 11 total players but that wasn't all in the 1 trade. Anyhow - that's how I remember it - be fun to research, I'll be back lol

Cowboys fan here...yes, it sucks right now.

I think they got like 6-8 picks total for Hershel but that was back with the NFL had the Plan B free agents. The Cow pokes traded a couple of the 6-8 for another couple of later picks.

I do think all in the Cowboys parlayed Hershel into 11 total players but that wasn't all in the 1 trade. Anyhow - that's how I remember it - be fun to research, I'll be back lol

They definitely took advantage. Reminds me of how the Steelers used the draft to build their dynasty in the 70s.

should be.....he'll actually have talent around him this go-round.
Maybe he has a great year, certainly on a better team with more talent....that doesn't make him a better player...but like everything UGA you guys have already printed your shirts, made your rings and everything is going to be amazing before you really know anything. It's insane to me how nonobjective your fan base is.

Anyone notice something here? The dawgs are all gushing about this Wake Forest quitter saving the 2020 season for Georgia, but none of them are asking the most obvious question:

How is it that Kirby has signed 4 straight #1 classes, and doesn't have a QB that can play? I mean Kirbs has signed FOUR QBs in the last 3 classes.....and still has no QB talent for the 2020 season and has to go to the transfer portal.

That's a big problem.

Anyone notice something here? The dawgs are all gushing about this Wake Forest quitter saving the 2020 season for Georgia, but none of them are asking the most obvious question:

How is it that Kirby has signed 4 straight #1 classes, and doesn't have a QB that can play? I mean Kirbs has signed FOUR QBs in the last 3 classes.....and still has no QB talent for the 2020 season and has to go to the transfer portal.

That's a big problem.
Nah. Mismanagement of QBs isn’t that big of a deal. Maybe you haven’t heard of a guy named Herschel Walker who won a national title at UGA having never thrown the ball for a single TD. They gon eat!

Taking a step back at QB, RB, and OL. Maybe a push at WR, mostly because your WR's last year were already poor. Good luck scoring on anybody.

You can continue to talk big now if it pleases you, but we all know that Alabama is going to beat the living tar out of you and once that happens people will be saying "second time in four regular season games Georgia gets routed by an SEC opponent". Not a good look, and will be the beginning of the locker room schism between the O and the D that will consume your team by year's end. Remember, you heard it here first.

Nah. Mismanagement of QBs isn’t that big of a deal. Maybe you haven’t heard of a guy named Herschel Walker who won a national title at UGA having never thrown the ball for a single TD. They gon eat!

Is he the guy that couldn't cut it in the NFL?

GwinnettDawg said:

Offense is decimated. But Coley is still there, so...

Where's IraqDoggie at? He swore up and down that UGa had everybody coming back and was guaranteed elite status next year. Interested to see if he still feels that way. At least 7 starters gone from the offense, and what, 4 or 5 gone from the defense? Lotta turnover...
[/quote]
I took his place turd. Bring it.

Where's IraqDoggie at? He swore up and down that UGa had everybody coming back and was guaranteed elite status next year. Interested to see if he still feels that way. At least 7 starters gone from the offense, and what, 4 or 5 gone from the defense? Lotta turnover...
I took his place turd. Bring it.[/QUOTE]

With your infantile name calling, the only place I see you is Ban City.

Bye bye!!
Ty...latest D Bag gone...I guess he can read post but we don't have to read his anymore. I don't get the whole thing with some of the posters...I've never even been to UGA's site. I actually like some of our rival posters but the ones that come here to be asses need to be banned.

Kirby has a Pro prospect playing QB in 2020. Dan Mullen can't say that.
I’m sorry but this is just ignorant. As much as it hurts to say it Trask is viable NFL prospect. There have been larger reaches than him drafted. He’s got obvious flaws but the NFL drafts QBs a lot on potential which he’s shown. He’s not gonna be a first rounder but the later rounds and FA are in his future. If he can develop and throw an accurate deep ball he’s a mid rounder easily. You should stop talking about sports. You’re not good at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT