ADVERTISEMENT

Live from Friday Night Lights

E3PO

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Apr 28, 2005
Alright guys I will keep you all posted as best I can. Ill see if I can do pictures from my Treo. Also, Nole moles and members of other sites please don't copy this to other sites.

Kids are just getting here and signing in. They get white FNL shirts with numbers on the back. They are playing the SEC Championship Game on the north jumbotron and it appears it is about to rain.

Edit

Brief recap:

Camp started with kids signing in and then going down to the field to stretch and run for about an hour. Afterwards they convened in the locker room for another hour. They then came out and stretched some more in position groups. All the while our best games from the 06 season ran on the north jumbotron with southern rap blaring over the speakers.

They eventually broke up into groups around the field, the largest being WR’s. The WR’s did a lot of cone drills testing cutting and quick burst, which is good for our offense. Later they did 1 on 1 stuff against the DB’s but no 7 on 7 like in previous years. The LB’s did cone drills, the DB’s worked on backpedaling and the QB’s worked mostly with the WR’s. The RB’s did bag drills to test their balance and cutting ability while coaches would place bags in their way or swing them at their legs. Many of the linemen brought helmets and shoulder pads and they did a lot of work with dummies.

Halfway through the vent they all stopped and met in the middle and watched the “Champ is Here” video. Afterwards it was mostly 1 on 1 passing drills and 1 on 1 linemen drills. Finally it ended and everybody met in the middle of the field and Urban talked to them about the importance of school and how good UF is. Then they all got food in south east corner and either left or hung around to talk to coaches.

There were a lot of no shows as usual. Harry Adams and Arthur Brown didn’t make it, and I don’t think there were many surprises this year. Sutton and Forston were supposedly the best DL. Patrick Johnson proved his ranking while Janoris Jenkins was also solid and Patrick Nixon was alright. Best RB’s were Demps, Harper and Desmond Scott. Physically, Marcus Robinson was the most impressive linebacker. The QB’s were all very young but apparently Star Jackson impressed. There were no Terrance Tollivers at this camp but there were a bunch of solid kids including Logan Heastie and Travis Benjamin.

My brain is tired, that’s all I can remember, so some might be inaccurate and I might have left out stuff.

This post was edited on 7/21 1:10 AM by E3POif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News