ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s be honest about Education for a second

Jag31

May 29, 2018
Most of these kids and even their parents couldn’t care less about our education or degree. I’m pretty sure we would have better luck telling most blue chip kids that they don’t have to worry about class and that someone will handle it for them.

I wonder if the more and more we pump up what a great educational institution UF is, the more it pushes kids away who just want to get to the NFL and look at schoolwork and class as simply a roadblock to that.

It seems to be that the higher ranked our school is the lower ranked the football team is. As each coach comes and goes, I think it’s time for the university itself to look in the mirror and realize that maybe it isn’t the coaches that are the problem. I’m not saying we shouldn’t push the educational rankings of the school. Maybe we should just choose to push that to actual students who are there for a degree and not the paid athletes that play on Saturdays. Might seem drastic but who knows. I just can’t help but think that one of these many coaches couldn’t have gotten a job done

Maybe instead of including the library on visits we take them to the sorority houses or somewhere else that actually interests these kids. Otherwise we can plan on being Stanford and need to completely restructure our expectations of the program.

Reactions: SA1980
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News