ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Just submitted a FutureCast prediction

Corey Bender

Administrator
Mar 26, 2018

Good morning, all

I just went ahead and submitted a Rivals FutureCast prediction in favor of the Gators for Ja'Kavion Nonar, a 6-foot-7, 272-pound offensive tackle from Belle Glade (Fla.) Glades Central.

The three-star prospect was offered on Aug. 7 after previously taking part in a workout with John Hevesy. He is roughly 24 hours removed from parting ways with Pittsburgh as well.

The Gators are hoping to get Nonar and his mother on campus for the season opener against FAU. Nothing is locked in just yet, but that is what UF is aiming for. Ole Miss recently extended an offer as well, but last night someone close to situation told me they expect Nonar to Gator at some point over the next few months. There is a lot of confidence there. It's just about getting him back up to campus again and that will happen soon if it's not for the FAU game. However, I was also told the staff would take him if the kid called UF today and said he wanted to commit.

Florida plans to sign four offensive linemen in the 2022 class, with Nonar being one of the more realistic targets going forward.

Nonar is a late bloomer who has only played one year of high school football following a career as a standout basketball player. He is far from a finished product, but Florida and others are intrigued by his long-term potential when you combine his frame and athleticism. It certainly helps that UF worked him out less than a month ago, so they know where his skill set stands as today.

- CB

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News