ADVERTISEMENT

Just got back from the game... Few observations..

GatorNva

Baby Gator
Apr 10, 2009
1. Great atmosphere. Weather was beautiful, crowd was very into the game and we had a great turnout. Much better than I expected. The stadium almost looked full.

2. On offense John Brantley was putting the ball on the money. It seemed like the coaches opened up the passing game a little more when he was in the game. Frankie Hammond JR looked great. Caught every thing thrown his way and was Brantley's number one target. He beat Adrian Bushell most of the game. Rainey had a good game as well as Carl Moore who made one of the catches of the game of the game. Scott looked good. I wasn't sure about him at first but I think he'll be playing a lot in the fall. The first team O-line did OK but the second team really didn't give Brantley time at all. I guess that was pretty much expected. Moody didn't play and Tebow only played one half. He really didn't do too much just managed the offense.

3. On defense Brendan Beal was very active you literally heard his name called every other play. He also made an INT. Earl Okine is huge. I don't know if I can stress that enough. He looks so much bigger than every one else on the field. Played mostly at end but I saw him play DT a few times. I'm very curious to see where Beal ends up playing because he still looks a little stiff at LB. I didn't see much of Spikes I guess the coaches wanted to keep him out. I didn't see Ahmad Black or Janoris Jenkins that much either Markhie Anderson had a few opportunities to get INT's but couldn't capitalize. He was doing a good job on his side though. Dorian Munroe had a pick,

IMO the players of the game were
Frankie Hammond on offense
Brendan Beal on defense

Intresting tidbits..

Trey Burton really looked like he was doing some heavy recruiting. He was talking to a guy who was around all the coahes all game. I'm not sure who he was but he was very popular with the ladies. Whoever he was he looked very into the game and looked like he was having a good time.

I saw Leon Orr. He looked like he was really enjoying himself as well. People were all over him and I think someone even asked him for his autograph..

Meet Wilber Marshal. My family knew him way back in the day so they just introduced me to him. Really nice guy..

Louis Murphy, Kestahn Moore and I think Estopinan were all hanging out joking and playing around with some of the recruits.

Hernandez beat Brandon Hicks in the 40. I think he ran around a 4.5..

Rainey ran a 4.29

that's all I got off the top of my head. If anyone has any questions let me know. Sorry if something like this has already been posted..
This post was edited on 4/18 6:10 PM by GatorNva

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News