ADVERTISEMENT

joey wants a 44+% capital gains tax

Thanks for confirming that my bonus was taxed the same under Biden and Trump. I hope the people that didn't like that comment admit that I was correct like you did.
Your reading comprehension skills are severely lacking. I already explained why bonuses are taxed so heavily compared to your normal paycheck. Suppose your weekly check is 2000. Then you get a single check for 15k. The payroll software isn't smart. It assumes that you get paid 15k every pay period. Naturally, that theoretically throws you into a income bracket that assumes you make 15k every pay period. Naturally, it's going to throw that check into the top tax bracket. This ain't rocket science. :rolleyes:

Yep, and Trump cut taxes on 70% do the maff nickel nuts. Jesus you’re dumb.
Math isn't your forte, but then again, not much is. How could Trump cut taxes on the 47% that never paid them anyway? 😂

ed81cc3a-c93b-49ba-939d-285349daf9ee_text.gif

Your reading comprehension skills are severely lacking. I already explained why bonuses are taxed so heavily compared to your normal paycheck. Suppose your weekly check is 2000. Then you get a single check for 15k. The payroll software isn't smart. It assumes that you get paid 15k every pay period. Naturally, that theoretically throws you into a income bracket that assumes you make 15k every pay period. Naturally, it's going to throw that check into the top tax bracket. This ain't rocket science. :rolleyes:
I honestly didn't read your post but that's not the point.

I honestly didn't read your post but that's not the point.
The point is that you have no idea why and I just explained it to you. The maximum tax brackets didn't change that much from pre Trump to after the tax break for the middle class. Large single payment bonuses are always going to be taxed at the maximum tax rates for the very reasons I just explained.

The point is that you have no idea why and I just explained it to you. The maximum tax brackets didn't change that much from pre Trump to after the tax break for the middle class. Large single payment bonuses are always going to be taxed at the maximum tax rates for the very reasons I just explained.
So it doesn't matter who the president is in regards to my bonus taxes?

So it doesn't matter who the president is in regards to my bonus taxes?
The taxes are what they are. The point is, you were whining about why the taxes were high AF on bonuses. I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you. At the end of the year, look at your total tax liability for your income as a percentage. Now go look what it was under Bo Peep.

images

The taxes are what they are. The point is, you were whining about why the taxes were high AF on bonuses. I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you. At the end of the year, look at your total tax liability for your income as a percentage. Now go look what it was under Bo Peep.

images
So....ok

Boxtox Nan's stimi. Remember, the drunk bitch said 500 million was nowhere near enough. You and Nan wanted 3 trillion more, then Pedo Joe tried for another 3 trillion. 😂
No stimi ever existed before or after Trump's Covid bailouts.

That's the only time the gov't has ever infused cash into the economy, and every bad thing in your life it to blame for it, dummy.

• Haha
Reactions: NavigatorII
No stimi ever existed before or after Trump's Covid bailouts.

That's the only time the gov't has ever infused cash into the economy, and every bad thing in your life it to blame for it, dummy.
I forget how many trillion Obamy infused into the economy. I remember when the .Gov started planting palm trees in every open space on our medians. Then MDFer got cash for his clunker. 😂

What is the 7 trillion budget proposal?

Build Back Broke.

President Joe Biden delivers remarks on lowering prices for American families during an event at the YMCA Allard Center, in Goffstown, New Hampshire, March 11, 2024.Mar 11, 2024

Boxtox Nan's stimi. Remember, the drunk bitch said 500 million was nowhere near enough. You and Nan wanted 3 trillion more, then Pedo Joe tried for another 3 trillion. 😂
do yo recall gwb's earned income tax credit??? that was legendary but nothing compared to the stimi from DJT. nobody can out lib trump, cannot happen.

Yes it does.

Obama taxed your bonuses at a higher rate than Trump. Biden is currently taxing your bonuses at the same rate as Trump, but he would very much like to change that.

@kalimgoodman If you like higher taxes, if you don't think that $5T is enough of our money to run the gov't effectively, if you think that number should double, vote for Biden.

It's that simple.

He also wants to enact a "Wealth Tax". This is a tax on unrealized gains. To simplify - say your house appraisal increases by $100k in a year, but you didn't sell it. Doesn't matter, you'll get a tax bill for that "gain" (even though it's just a number on a piece of paper). Value drops next year? You get no refund, but you don't pay the tax.

You have a stock portfolio that has a good year? You're cutting a check in April for money that's still tied up in your account. It tanks during a pandemic? Sorry, we're keeping your tax revenue. And it's assessed annually.

If you think this is fair and equitable, vote Biden.

Last edited:

@kalimgoodman If you like higher taxes, if you don't think that $5T is enough of our money to run the gov't effectively, if you think that number should double, vote for Biden.

It's that simple.

He also wants to enact a "Wealth Tax". This is a tax on unrealized gains. To simplify - say your house appraisal increases by $100k in a year, but you didn't sell it. Doesn't matter, you'll get a tax bill for that "gain" (even though it's just a number on a piece of paper). Value drops next year? You get no refund, but you don't pay the tax.

You have a stock portfolio that has a good year? You're cutting a check in April for money that's still tied up in your account. It tanks during a pandemic? Sorry, we're keeping your tax revenue. And it's assessed annually.

If you think this is fair and equitable, vote Biden.
MDFer believes the .Gov actually owns our money and assets. The .Gov letting us keep a little of our stuff are stimmies. Finally we know his true colors.

200w.gif

Reactions: fatman76
MDFer believes the .Gov actually owns our money and assets. The .Gov letting us keep a little of our stuff are stimmies. Finally we know his true colors.

200w.gif
He's not completely wrong.

If you don't believe me, stop paying the property taxes on your house.

He's not completely wrong.

If you don't believe me, stop paying the property taxes on your house.
There really should be a stepped up $ property tax exemption once you reach a certain age.

MDFer subscribes to "you'll own nothing and like it".

I am all for very low taxes given........

......you balance the budget.

In the end when our national debt begins to bury us the Trump years won't look like a W. If you can't pay your bills when the economy is booming.........your in trouble.

I am all for very low taxes given........

......you balance the budget.

In the end when our national debt begins to bury us the Trump years won't look like a W. If you can't pay your bills when the economy is booming.........your in trouble.
Well then Diaper Joe should NEVER be checked on your ballot. Build Back Broke is the MDFer mantra. :mad: Pedo Joe spends money like a drunken sailor (or his handler's wishes). How much money is that assclown going to spend on other countries' borders and let ours be an effing disaster? Wake the eff up!

Well then Diaper Joe should NEVER be checked on your ballot. Build Back Broke is the MDFer mantra. :mad: Pedo Joe spends money like a drunken sailor (or his handler's wishes). How much money is that assclown going to spend on other countries' borders and let ours be an effing disaster? Wake the eff up!
Diaper joe spends money like a DRUNKEN NAVY.

• Haha
Reactions: NavigatorII
Even when bell bottoms were cool, I still thought they were gay AF. 😂 During the mid 70's, it was damn near impossible to find straight legged jeans.:mad:
Yes, The Marines are department of the Navy.

The men's department.

This is what I say to every dog bowl and dungaree wearing simpleton who hands me this worn out joke before I ask them why they aren't driving the boat.

Ya, lets pretend Covid is the reason Trump ran big deficits. Now Covid certainly did increase the deficit......but lets take a trip down memory lane and look at what happened under Trump before Covid:

After he took office, Trump predicted that economic growth created by the 2017 tax cut, combined with the proceeds from the tariffs he imposed on a wide range of goods from numerous countries, would help eliminate the budget deficit and let the U.S. begin to pay down its debt. On July 27, 2018, he told Sean Hannity of Fox News: “We have $21 trillion in debt. When this [the 2017 tax cut] really kicks in, we’ll start paying off that debt like it’s water.”

Nine days later, he tweeted, “Because of Tariffs we will be able to start paying down large amounts of the $21 trillion in debt that has been accumulated, much by the Obama Administration.”

That’s not how it played out. When Trump took office in January 2017, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office was projecting that federal budget deficits would be 2% to 3% of our gross domestic product during Trump’s term. Instead, the deficit reached nearly 4% of gross domestic product in 2018 and 4.6% in 2019.

There were multiple culprits. Trump’s tax cuts, especially the sharp reduction in the corporate tax rate to 21% from 35%, took a big bite out of federal revenue. The CBO estimated in 2018 that the tax cut would increase deficits by about $1.9 trillion over 11 years.

Meanwhile, Trump’s claim that increased revenue from the tariffs would help eliminate (or at least reduce) our national debt hasn’t panned out. In 2018, Trump’s administration began hiking tariffs on aluminum, steel and many other products, launching what became a global trade war with China, the European Union and other countries.

The tariffs did bring in additional revenue. In fiscal 2019, they netted about $71 billion, up about $36 billion from President Barack Obama’s last year in office. But although $36 billion is a lot of money, it’s less than 1/750th of the national debt. That $36 billion could have covered a bit more than three weeks of interest on the national debt — that is, had Trump not unilaterally decided to send a chunk of the tariff revenue to farmers affected by his trade wars. Businesses that struggled as a result of the tariffs also paid fewer taxes, offsetting some of the increased tariff revenue.

By early 2019, the national debt had climbed to $22 trillion. Trump’s budget proposal for 2020 called it a “grave threat to our economic and societal prosperity” and asserted that the U.S. was experiencing a “national debt crisis.” However, that same budget proposal included substantial growth in the national debt.

By the end of 2019, the debt had risen to $23.2 trillion and more federal officials were sounding the alarm. “Not since World War II has the country seen deficits during times of low unemployment that are as large as those that we project — nor, in the past century, has it experienced large deficits for as long as we project,” Phillip Swagel, director of the CBO, said in January 2020.

Yes, The Marines are department of the Navy.

The men's department.

This is what I say to every dog bowl and dungaree wearing simpleton who hands me this worn out joke before I ask them why they aren't driving the boat.
I am driving the bote. In fact, I'm about to go fishing here in about 20 minutes. 😂

Reactions: LordofallSocks
The real Trajedy of Donald Trump is not that he is worse than the democrats when it comes to the deficit (although he was worse than most of them by far)......its that he replaces the people who USED to try and control the deficit. Nikki Halley talked about it at often, Trump almost never does. Now we are just like Lemmings walked towards the cliff. We hear all the time about the minutia of the economy, gas prices, mild inflation, etc........and we ignore the element that can take us all under.

Daily total national debt from 2009 to present.

20210114-borrowing-increased-under-trump-despite-promise-to-repay-national-debt-small.png

Ya, lets pretend Covid is the reason Trump ran big deficits. Now Covid certainly did increase the deficit......but lets take a trip down memory lane and look at what happened under Trump before Covid:

After he took office, Trump predicted that economic growth created by the 2017 tax cut, combined with the proceeds from the tariffs he imposed on a wide range of goods from numerous countries, would help eliminate the budget deficit and let the U.S. begin to pay down its debt. On July 27, 2018, he told Sean Hannity of Fox News: “We have $21 trillion in debt. When this [the 2017 tax cut] really kicks in, we’ll start paying off that debt like it’s water.”

Nine days later, he tweeted, “Because of Tariffs we will be able to start paying down large amounts of the $21 trillion in debt that has been accumulated, much by the Obama Administration.”

That’s not how it played out. When Trump took office in January 2017, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office was projecting that federal budget deficits would be 2% to 3% of our gross domestic product during Trump’s term. Instead, the deficit reached nearly 4% of gross domestic product in 2018 and 4.6% in 2019.

There were multiple culprits. Trump’s tax cuts, especially the sharp reduction in the corporate tax rate to 21% from 35%, took a big bite out of federal revenue. The CBO estimated in 2018 that the tax cut would increase deficits by about $1.9 trillion over 11 years.

Meanwhile, Trump’s claim that increased revenue from the tariffs would help eliminate (or at least reduce) our national debt hasn’t panned out. In 2018, Trump’s administration began hiking tariffs on aluminum, steel and many other products, launching what became a global trade war with China, the European Union and other countries.

The tariffs did bring in additional revenue. In fiscal 2019, they netted about $71 billion, up about $36 billion from President Barack Obama’s last year in office. But although $36 billion is a lot of money, it’s less than 1/750th of the national debt. That $36 billion could have covered a bit more than three weeks of interest on the national debt — that is, had Trump not unilaterally decided to send a chunk of the tariff revenue to farmers affected by his trade wars. Businesses that struggled as a result of the tariffs also paid fewer taxes, offsetting some of the increased tariff revenue.

By early 2019, the national debt had climbed to $22 trillion. Trump’s budget proposal for 2020 called it a “grave threat to our economic and societal prosperity” and asserted that the U.S. was experiencing a “national debt crisis.” However, that same budget proposal included substantial growth in the national debt.

By the end of 2019, the debt had risen to $23.2 trillion and more federal officials were sounding the alarm. “Not since World War II has the country seen deficits during times of low unemployment that are as large as those that we project — nor, in the past century, has it experienced large deficits for as long as we project,” Phillip Swagel, director of the CBO, said in January 2020.
DNR, TL, and please copy and paste your drivel in a NORMAL font. It seems that you are hiding drivel in the small print on the back of a crooked contract. Trump cut taxes for the middle class. Never has such a bold move been pushed through Congress. He also punished voters of blue states for their reckless assed spending by increasing the standard deductions while eliminating excessive tax loopholes by capping real estate taxes and interest on overblown mortgages. Pure gold Jerry! Pure gold! Trump did NOT give foreign countries HUGE sums like what has been going to Ukraine and other shithole countries like Obama did for gender studies. Trump asked for a measly 25 billion to protect our borders. Biden has given others over 200 billion while ignoring our own, How about a big cup of STFU?

The real Trajedy of Donald Trump is not that he is worse than the democrats when it comes to the deficit (although he was worse than most of them by far)......its that he replaces the people who USED to try and control the deficit. Nikki Halley talked about it at often, Trump almost never does. Now we are just like Lemmings walked towards the cliff. We hear all the time about the minutia of the economy, gas prices, mild inflation, etc........and we ignore the element that can take us all under.

Daily total national debt from 2009 to present.

20210114-borrowing-increased-under-trump-despite-promise-to-repay-national-debt-small.png
Worse than the Democrats? 😂 😂 😂

Have your read ANY of the Build Back Broke proposal of Biden's?

lmao-crying-laughing.gif

DNR, TL, and please copy and paste your drivel in a NORMAL font. It seems that you are hiding drivel in the small print on the back of a crooked contract. Trump cut taxes for the middle class. Never has such a bold move been pushed through Congress. He also punished voters of blue states for their reckless assed spending by increasing the standard deductions while eliminating excessive tax loopholes by capping real estate taxes and interest on overblown mortgages. Pure gold Jerry! Pure gold! Trump did NOT give foreign countries HUGE sums like what has been going to Ukraine and other shithole countries like Obama did for gender studies. Trump asked for a measly 25 billion to protect our borders. Biden has given others over 200 billion while ignoring our own, How about a big cup of STFU?
I know you don't read anything that contains facts the prove your wrong. I don't care, I realize that's just the way you Trump people operate. Along with throwing a bunch of other stuff out to avoid the actual topic because you can't defend your position. Its essentially an admission of that fact.

And I will post in any font I want, thank you. Why do you care if you didn't read it anyway?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT