ADVERTISEMENT

Jim McElwain discusses Will Grier's performance vs. Kentucky

Landon Watnick

InsidetheGators.com Senior Writer
Jul 9, 2014
Gainesville, FL
florida.rivals.com
On Grier’s performance…

"I thought he did some decent things. He's obviously got a lot of growing up to do. He did some good things with his feet. It got us some plays, but might have got us in trouble as well by not kind of maybe sitting in there and letting the play develop. Left some awful big plays on the field. But with that being said, for the most part he did a decent job taking care of the football expect from the throw down in the red zone. I thought Will learned from it."

On Grier playing dinged up...

“I asked him. He looked me in the eye and said, ‘Coach, I’m not hurt.’ So there wasn’t anything that the doctors said. So if he would have said he was hurt or if the doctors said that he couldn’t go, he wouldn’t have gone.”

On if there will be a permanent decision at QB now…

"No, I don't know. We'll still look at it. We just kind of felt the way the game was going, he was kind of in a little bit of rhythm there. Treon is still in the picture and he was as excited as anybody about the win. That tells you what kind of character he is and has and what kind of person he is. He'll still be competing and getting a bunch of reps. We have a flight back and we'll meet when we get off the plane tonight."

Reactions: Tygator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News