ADVERTISEMENT

Jahi McMath is brain dead.

CommieGator

Gator Great
Jan 6, 2006
She's dead, and never coming back...

Her brain has been deprived of oxygen long enough (12 days for crying out loud!) for science to get it... Still her family holds out for some kind of "miracle" will deliver her.

If I'm being honest- Her family is stupid, but I don't blame them, really for wanting to keep their girl alive, if only a ventilated body..

God won't save her- after all- he let her get into this choking to death on your own blood mess in the first place....

This is why religion is bad- it makes otherwise sane, normal and humane people act in insane, immoral, and less than humane ways.. Like torturing a child instead of lettting her go (to heaven??)

Where was God when she choked to death on her own blood?

It's the death penalty argument all over again- people too close can't make reasonable decisions.. They want miracles or condemnations...

Originally posted by CommieGator:

Her brain has been deprived of oxygen long enough (12 days for crying out loud!) for science to get it... Still her family holds out for some kind of "miracle" will deliver her.

If I'm being honest- Her family is stupid, but I don't blame them, really for wanting to keep their girl alive, if only a ventilated body..

God won't save her- after all- he let her get into this choking to death on your own blood mess in the first place....

This is why religion is bad- it makes otherwise sane, normal and humane people act in insane, immoral, and less than humane ways.. Like torturing a child instead of lettting her go (to heaven??)

It's the death penalty argument all over again- people too close can't make reasonable decisions.. They want miracles or condemnations...
I know you've heard of fundamentalist Christians. This sort of post from you is proof that there are fundamentalist Atheists. You are utterly devoted to atheism to the extend that you have irrational thoughts about it and religion.

Those people would have made that same decision no matter what their philosophical beliefs. When loved ones die or are in danger of dying, their families become completely emotional about the situation. They stop behaving as rational people because the sense of loss is so massive.

You're such a twerp that you're using this poor girl's situation to beat your anti-religion drum.

Again.

Using another persons family tragedy to promote your agenda....bless your heart.

Can someone possibly get dumber as they go thru life?

Originally posted by Ghost of Spaceheater:

I know you've heard of fundamentalist Christians. This sort of post from you is proof that there are fundamentalist Atheists. You are utterly devoted to atheism to the extend that you have irrational thoughts about it and religion.

Those people would have made that same decision no matter what their philosophical beliefs. When loved ones die or are in danger of dying, their families become completely emotional about the situation. They stop behaving as rational people because the sense of loss is so massive.

You're such a twerp that you're using this poor girl's situation to beat your anti-religion drum.

Again.
To me, it is simple, if the family wants to accept the burden of caring for her then what business is it of anyone's? Now if the family said keep her alive, but was not going to shoulder the financial and care burden then, yeah, there is an issue. Same feelings I had about the Schiavo case. The parents wanted to care for her, so why should they not be allowed to accept that burden?

We need to be very careful about what powers we give government officials and judges. If they can make choices on when to pull the plug on people then we have lost the ultimate freedom.

This is why religion is bad- it makes otherwise sane, normal and humane people act in insane, immoral, and less than humane ways.
Chairman Mao and Uncle Joseph approve of this message.

How many of us were taken into the hospital by our parents to have a "simple" tonsillectomy at a young age, and no one in the family or the neighborhood gave it another thought because that's what was done - now think about this family who took their daughter in for this "simple" procedure and now that little girl is gone forever.

She has parents who love her so much they are traumatized right now and cannot think about this rationally. There are many children out there who should be so lucky that anyone would give them a really long goodbye, much less a decent hello.

There but for the grace of God (you know, that fictional character Commie refers to in such derisive fashion) go I -

Originally posted by nastycracker:
Atheists have a religion, it's called atheism.
This.

Agnosticism is the only position taken without conviction. Atheism is a faith structure based upon there being no god; and is equally unprovable.

Originally posted by Ghost of Spaceheater:

Again.
This is partially correct, and the very reason you've worked against the mandatory minimum crap, the "twerp" thing not withstanding- but I'm not taking it personally, and I think I owe you a least two round at Lillians- Did you know Tom is semi-retiring and has cut out Friday and Saturday service?

The stoppage of "rational behavior"- I wonder what beliefs contribute to a departure from the "rational" system... I'll not go on.

In terms of "philosophical beliefs" you know where I come from..

I promised not to post religious-themed messages a couple of years ago, but since this situaton got to me, and I stated my feelings, and broke a rule that got me banned before, I'm banning myself for a few months to save Pass the trouble of shutting me down for a while..

THIS USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

This post was edited on 1/1 1:34 AM by CommieGator

No worries, Commie. I forgive you.
smile.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT