ADVERTISEMENT

Is 'The Hat' in trouble?

It's just seems surprising how quickly LSU is turning on him. Maybe they learned from watching Foley's very patient handling of Muschamp.

I don't know how "quickly" they've turned on him. The last 3 years he went 10-3, 10-3, and 8-5. This year they're 7-3. Since winning the SEC Championship Game in 2011 Miles is 35-15 (.700). Nothing to write home about.

I don't know how "quickly" they've turned on him. The last 3 years he went 10-3, 10-3, and 8-5. This year they're 7-3. Since winning the SEC Championship Game in 2011 Miles is 35-15 (.700). Nothing to write home about.

19-12 in conference during that time.

He squanders talent regularly, never got the hype. I know what his record is but by and large any time I watched them play I saw a team stacked with talent that was poorly coached. Even in their championship year he lost two games with probably the most talented team in the country based on how many NFL players they had. In today's environment that team wouldn't have even gotten into the playoffs.

He squanders talent regularly, never got the hype. I know what his record is but by and large any time I watched them play I saw a team stacked with talent that was poorly coached. Even in their championship year he lost two games with probably the most talented team in the country based on how many NFL players they had. In today's environment that team wouldn't have even gotten into the playoffs.

Its the MO of the "Bo" coaching tree. They are so damn conservatively offensively that they routinely go 9-3 with elite talent. Lloyd Carr at Meatchicken is a clone.

So much so you felt the need to visit the board of the national coach of the year! Enjoy watching little brother win the title game. Have a great day

Congrats for surviving against mighty FAU! It is certainly a great credit to McElwain's coaching that despite a vast talent gap, FAU could take UF to overtime.

Congrats for surviving against mighty FAU! It is certainly a great credit to McElwain's coaching that despite a vast talent gap, FAU could take UF to overtime.

Minnesota? Indiana? Bye now, run along and watch little brother in the playoff.

BTW, any Gators watching, you see I knew EXATLY why he was here? They are all the same.

I think the better comparison is how FSU handled Bowden

IMO, FSU was quite patient

Bowden's decline started in the early 2000s, and accelerated around 2006. Before FSU forced him out, we had three 7-win seasons in 4 years. In the ACC (especially back then) a 7 win season is effectively a losing season for a major program.

I agree. Probably too patient

Bowden's decline started in the early 2000s, and accelerated around 2006. Before FSU forced him out, we had three 7-win seasons in 4 years. In the ACC (especially back then) a 7 win season is effectively a losing season for a major program.

Yep. So, even though Miles has won a NC and three SEC Titles, his trend is down. LSU is worried about it getting too bad.

Bowden'a decline when the law auddenly applied to F$U athletes

and then who is going to replace him?

Same report says jimbo is their number one choice.

RRT here to say that no way he would leave fsu for LSU because it's a worse job in 3, 2, 1.............

Last edited:
From the classiest coach, to the douche baggiest coach. Say it aint so LSU.
Although I think I prefer Fisher at LSU than at FSU. I don't see how LSU would recruit better with Jimbo there. The coaching would probably be a wash. I could see how FSU could get a crappier recruiter.
Get the pop corn, but I don't think this will make a difference to Florida either way, except it could actually help us in recruiting this year.

Same report says jimbo is their number one choice.

I keep hearing that as well. I also hear, from a reporter that covers the noles, that Jimbo wants out of Tally. That said, with the impending divorce leaving his kids behind my be an impediment.

I'm sure the nole faithful are still rushing the paycheck advance store to try to come up with some extra cash just to make sure.

This is on Interstate Ten in New Orleans. It went up this morning.
image_1.jpg

I could actually help us in recruiting this year.
I keep hearing that as well. I also hear, from a reporter that covers the noles, that Jimbo wants out of Tally. That said, with the impending divorce leaving his kids behind my be an impediment.

I'm sure the nole faithful are still rushing the paycheck advance store to try to come up with some extra cash just to make sure.

The ex, and the kids can move as well ($$).

As I am now living in Tallahassee the hot poop here is that Jimbo was admonished for having carnal knowledge of a graduate student. He was told it was "inappropriate contact."

Point being, is there's some friction between him and the administration. I think Jimbo would be crazy to leave FSU for LSU, but what do I know? There's no state income tax in Florida unlike in Louisiana. The cost of living is lower in Tallahassee than in Baton Rouge. You play an ACC schedule at FSU as opposed to a SEC Western Division schedule at LSU. On top of it all, you're going to the program that just fired its coach after he won 78% of his games over his career there.

I must say though that the supply of attractive young women who seem enthralled with older men is of a much higher percentage than in Gainesville. If you're not a student at UF then the coeds ignored you (as they should). That's not the case here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
Finebaum has some local BR media guys that say it is 100% certain he is gone. The weekly Miles press conference, Les was talking about his time at LSU in past tense. But with Les making a mockery of the English language, that might not mean anything.

I don't see how LSU would recruit better with Jimbo there.

I dunno.....some say it is actually harder to recruit in f$u than LSU....might be some evidence in that in the relative ease that Miles has booked top classes.

jimbo spent a lot of time in Baton Rouge, knows the people and the place well. Only downside for him is the much harder road to the playoffs, and the long shadow of Saban.

I dunno.....some say it is actually harder to recruit in f$u than LSU....might be some evidence in that in the relative ease that Miles has booked top classes.

jimbo spent a lot of time in Baton Rouge, knows the people and the place well. Only downside for him is the much harder road to the playoffs, and the long shadow of Saban.

Is the dollar sign in Fsu suppose to be an insult?

As I am now living in Tallahassee the hot poop here is that Jimbo was admonished for having carnal knowledge of a graduate student. He was told it was "inappropriate contact."

Point being, is there's some friction between him and the administration. I think Jimbo would be crazy to leave FSU for LSU, but what do I know? There's no state income tax in Florida unlike in Louisiana. The cost of living is lower in Tallahassee than in Baton Rouge. You play an ACC schedule at FSU as opposed to a SEC Western Division schedule at LSU. On top of it all, you're going to the program that just fired its coach after he won 78% of his games over his career there.

I must say though that the supply of attractive young women who seem enthralled with older men is of a much higher percentage than in Gainesville. If you're not a student at UF then the coeds ignored you (as they should). That's not the case here.

Buying out both Les Miles's and Jimbo Fisher's contracts, and then paying Jimbo enough to move (he's currently making $5 million/year until 2022) would be painfully expensive, but I guess those boosters have deep pockets.

The recent divorce is a concern. I could see how he might want a "fresh start" in another locale. On the other hand, shared custody could make skipping town impossible.

Unless Jimbo and FSU President Thrasher are truly on the outs, I don't see Jimbo leaving. As others have noted, it's easier to coast at FSU, especially during "down" years. At LSU, he will be expected to lose no more than 2 games per year in the toughest division in college football.

No. I used it first because it's odd why you want a coach to stay who has 80% winning percentage against your school.
I don't GAS if Dumbo stays or goes. Are you really stupid enough to state Dumbo is 4-1 against UF in the worst stretch in 30 years of UF football? Not shocking, we understand. Do you also realize Dumbo was the OC for Saban's NC when UF shut out Dumbo's offense in Baton Rouge with ZOOK? Dumbo owns the years as wench in waiting. How did those years turn out against UF? Hmmmm...........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT